[ 021 ] troubled by the emptiness

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
021. troubled by the emptiness

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧'𝗦 𝗪𝗢𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗠𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗘 𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 she opened her eyes the next morning, wrapped around in Sirius' arm over her shoulder, her face buried in his chest. She slept over in the Gryffindor common room!

      Luckily, it was still quite early and the room still awaited the arrival of other students. She kicked Everest's leg harshly, waking the girl up with a loud gasp.

      Rubbing her eyes, she shook herself away from her dream, noticing the surroundings to be all red instead of green.

      The movement caused Sirius to wake up wryly, being brought back sharply to reality, he pushed himself away from her, clearing his throat.

"We should go," she mouthed to him, grabbing Everest's wrist as the two girls make their way out of the place after grabbing their coats.

A heart-wrenching, earth-shattering realisation rained over Sirius' mind when the conversations from last night ricocheted on him. And he could not afford to let history repeat itself. No way. He was not going to get himself hurt again.

Speaking of history, he was surely going to kill the Bloody Baron for the words he uttered that still echoed in Sirius' mind. He wanted to know what he meant.

      Whatever peculiar feelings he felt dancing in his chest every time he was in the presence of Scarlet, had to stop. And Sirius Black was a mastermind when it came to pushing feelings away.

      When a moment came where Scarlet wasn't infiltrating each and every one of her thoughts, he remembered he had Transfiguration with Slytherins—he shook his friends wide-awake, reminding themselves to maintain composure in lessons after the heavy drinking from mere hours ago.

      Transfiguration was a lesson Scarlet quite enjoyed, and Miss McGonagall certainly had a way of making everything more interesting no matter how tedious the topic of learning was. However, on that particular day, the girl's mind was anywhere but the lecture.

      Without the distraction that was Sirius Black, Scarlet remembered the peculiar encounter when she came to her dorm late the night before. Scarlet couldn't remember why she came to bed late. And Scarlet doesn't forget anything and the thought causes her worries to skyrocket. Has Everest made a mistake? Sleep does cause her to become drowsy. She tapped her pen against her table mindlessly, wondering what the hell is wrong with her.