[ 098 ] regulus black

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
098. regulus black

( songs for the chapter:
I miss you, I'm sorry — gracie abrams
hope ur ok — olivia rodrigo )

( songs for the chapter:I miss you, I'm sorry — gracie abramshope ur ok — olivia rodrigo )

BRIDGET'S HOUSE
OCTOBER, 1979

          𝗜𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗨𝗠𝗡 𝗡𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧, 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗢𝗗𝗗 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗘𝗡𝗩𝗜𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧 they resided in, right by the lake where fiery wind flew. The House was always cold, the expanse covered in autumn leaves creating a harmony of red, orange and yellow. Scarlet thought she might even have been cursed with frostbite—having lived in shivering-cold houses since she was born. 

      Sirius had gone to visit James, Remus and Peter in that shabby little restaurant in the furthest corner of the country that they always visit.

      There was a knock at the door, and she moved on to look through the small see-through dot to see a very familiar figure. A scoop of curls and an all black attire that she would recognise anywhere. 

      She opened the door, a small smile on her face. Seeing that genuine smile, the second their eyes met—it was like the anxious nerves from Regulus Black's face wiped away, and the corners of his lips tugged upwards.

"Mother told me about you and Sirius."

Scarlet sighed, "Of course, she did," said the girl, and then took in his vivid, stone-cold expression, "what about it?"

"I don't care for it, really, it's none of my business." Regulus said at the door.

"Sirius isn't here," she softly spoke, moving aside to allow his quiet figure in. He took off his overcoat and Scarlet took it from him, hanging it behind the door. Regulus was shivering, hands shoved in his trousers' pockets after he took off his green scarf.

"I'm not here to see Sirius," he spoke his brother's name with a chill distaste, stuttering a little from the outside's cold. The girl led him to the fireplace where the atmosphere was significantly warmer, he turned to her directly, standing eye-to-eye, "I wanted to see you."

      Scarlet nodded understandingly, moving to her kitchen and pouring themselves two cups of green tea from the kettle. When she came back and sat next to Regulus who absentmindedly played with his rings, she saw an unexpected look on his face. It was as though she grounded him, he looked sane—he looked comfortable.