[ 101 ] an end of a dynasty

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘
101. an end of a dynasty

( song for the chapter:
bigger than the whole sky — taylor swift)

( song for the chapter:bigger than the whole sky — taylor swift)

MINISTRY OF MAGIC
october, 1979

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗪𝗘𝗔𝗥 𝗚𝗟𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗦, 𝗕𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗞 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗡 𝗔𝗧 𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥𝗬 𝗜𝗡𝗖𝗛. Raven gloves, black leather trench coat, leather books, black satin shirt accompanied with wide-legged, loose trousers. The only expanse of colour on her attire was the silver belt-buckle enclosed on her waist.

      Whenever she would smudge ink on her attire, it would simply melt into the black fabric. On this unfortunate afternoon, she had been sitting in her mildly decorated office and awaited for Kai's arrival with much annoyance. 

      Kai was Scarlet's secretary, he was a fresh Hogwarts graduate with little focus and big dreams. His main job around the office was to organise documents and letters, schedule appointments and annoy the living hell out of Scarlet on a daily basis.

After the fourth tap on the tiny bell on Scarlet's black walnut table which is used to summon the young boy, Kai finally peeked his head by the door, a goofy grin sprouted on his lips. "Hello there."

Scarlet squinted her eyes, "Where is Michelle and Donna's team?" She raised a hand in frustration, "we're already short-staffed and half of my people are somehow on missions I don't know abut. Go find out for me."

"They are..." Kai looked through some of the names on a spreadsheet, and lifted his head back up whilst adjusting his thick-framed glasses, "on the Black case."

"The Black case?" Scarlet raised a brow. "Another Black plague scenario within Muggles—?"

"No," he chuckled, taking her words as a joke. Seeing a stern glare rising to his boss' face, his smile was wiped off. "The Black case," he repeated, as though it would make more sense.

Scarlet raised a brow and a mocking look appeared on her face, "I'd prefer it if you tell me today."

Kai straightened his back, "It's meant to be classified but people here like to talk and I eavesdrop; word is, Regulus Black is a Death Eater, except, there is no trace of him."