[ 117 ] holes in my butterfly wings

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜𝗜𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗜𝗡𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗘 
117. holes in my butterfly wings

january, 1981

          𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗘𝗧 𝗪𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗟𝗘𝗙𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗜𝗠𝗣, she was crippling every moment she tried to walk. The Potters did not stay at the hospital for long due to having to go back to Harry. Everest and Marlene's absence disappointed her but she was determined that the girls both had a reason. Remus apologised to her for his bold and brutal accusations. It was only Sirius and Peter that stayed the entirety of the two days Scarlet was at the hospital.

Dorcas helped her walk quite a lot, holding onto her and assisting her in moving around the room. The Cruciatus Curse has left a vicarious aftermath, rotting her abilities away and since the curse was repeatedly used multiple times, one after the other, for hours, it has left quite the mark.

      She was discharged in the evening of the second day. Some fancy Ministry car dropped her home.

      Sirius helped her up the stairs, holding onto her arm to help her walk and she felt so stupidly vulnerable, humiliated in this state. She constantly reminded herself that it was Sirius she was crippling in front of, he understands, there is nothing to be ashamed of.

"I'm going to go freshen up, love," Sirius said, settling her down on the chair in front of the dressing table. He opened up the closet and pulled out a long night gown—a less revealing one— and passed it to her. "Do you need to shower?"

"I took one in the morning," she softly said, giving him a thankful smile as she took the dress. She was currently in Sirius' robes, and they were uncomfortable. After all this is over, she needs to take him to robes shopping considering he has forgotten all about Wizarding World fashion, preferring Muggle clothes over it for sure.

      Sirius went to the bathroom, door shut. She looked at herself in the mirror.

      Her own mere sight made her jaw clench because she looked so unpleasant. Tangled hair, red splotches, violent bruises, split knuckles, black circles, burn marks. She found herself cursing the universe. Staring into the mirror felt repulsing. Very desperately, she itched at her own skin, right over her arms and around her hips, trying to get rid of the feeling of every touch.