[ 042 ] a not-so warm welcome

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 ━━ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗙𝗘𝗖𝗧 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗥𝗧
042. a not-so warm welcome

          "𝗛𝗘𝗬, 𝗔𝗥𝗘 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗕𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗥?" Lily bombarded Scarlet with concerning questions as she entered the Great Hall with Everest Chasseur and Evan Rosier by her sides.

Alice then placed her hand on her forehead, checking her temperature. "Have you gotten enough rest?"

Scarlet got a hold on Alice's wrist put it down gently, and moved a little away from Lily's rather large eyes hovering over her. She was not sure if the redhead was checking her or checking her out.

"I'm fine." Scarlet stated simply, looking around the Hal. Word is: James Potter was not speaking to Sirius Black; this meant the sun must have risen from the west.

"If you don't mind me asking," Lily stood in front of her, and Scarlet came to a stop. "When you got hurt, did it have something to do with Potter?"

Scarlet pursed her lips and mustered a quick sigh. She glanced at her friends and, with her eyes, gestured for them to find a seat at the table. The two nodded and walked away.

"No, Lily,"

"Then something to do with why Remus isn't speaking to Sirius?"

Scarlet had this look in her eyes that confirmed Lily's statement, the redhead was rather good at reading people. 

Lily continued and Alice warned her with a sharp glare to just let it go, especially with the expression Scarlet held at the moment. "I could talk to—"

"Lily, I know you like to fix things, but this is not one of those cases, I know how to handle things myself." She firmly stated and pushed past her.

Lily's face fell but the pitiful expression on her face never left, which only frustrated Scarlet even more. It was not like she got a concussion or even died, it was a mere scratch that did not even hurt. 

Everest gestured for her to quickly sit down, "What did she want?"

"Same old thing, everybody keeps asking me about the Marauders and what happened the night I was put in the hospital wing," she explained. "Sick of it."

Evan suddenly poked at her shoulder which earned him a glare from the blonde, "Victory party is the day after tomorrow, dress well."

"When does she not dress well?" Regulus raised a brow, sitting a bit far with the boys from his own year.