Goddess' Rite of Rebirth!

One night, you noticed that Edelgard was wandering around, in her nightgown.

(Y/N): What is she upset about? Hmm

(Y/N): What is she upset about? Hmm ...

You went to check up on her, at the same time that Byleth was following you.

Byleth: (Y/N), what are you doing up at this time?

(Y/N): Edelgard seems to be upset. I'm just checking up on her.

Byleth: I noticed she was acting weird before everyone went to sleep as well.

(Y/N): I say we check it out together.

You both approached her.

Edelgard: Who's there?

(Y/N): It's just us.

Edelgard: Oh, Professors. What are you doing here?

(Y/N): You were upset, and I heard you mumbling something.

Edelgard: Perhaps I was talking in my sleep before.

Byleth: A bad dream?

Edelgard: Ah... So you heard me, then. Yes, it was a nightmare. I've had them since I was a child. Stupid, pointless dreams I can't control... It's terribly frustrating.

(Y/N): Want to talk about them?

Edelgard: No, they're just worthless dreams of the past.

Byleth: You can tell us.

Edelgard: I suppose I could try. But, you both must swear not to tell anyone.

(Y/N) and Byleth: We swear.

Edelgard: I appreciate it. I dream of...my older brother, paralyzed, helpless... my older sister crying for help that never came... the youngest babbling words beyond meaning. I see my family dying slowly, waiting in the darkest depths for a glimmer of light. I once had ten siblings, eight older and two younger. Such a large family, and yet I became the heir to the throne. Do you know why? Every last one of them was crippled by disease or lost their mind or died. I was the only one left who could inherit the throne.