Chapter 142

"I have already told you what to do, Felix." Mr Lee said in a strict tone. "This should serve as a lesson for you. Next time, you'll think twice before doing anything." Then he stormed upstairs.

But how was Felix to know that they would be filmed? It was at a party and he didn't ever think something like that could happen. It wasn't his fault and it clearly wasn't Aera's. Why couldn't his father understand?

"You know what sweetie?" Mrs Lee said, tenderly stroking Felix's good cheek. "Put a pack of ice on that and go upstairs okay. Take some painkillers and rest. Don't go to school today. In fact, you do not have to go to school this entire week. Just stay inside and rest. In the mean time, I'll talk to your dad and see what I can do. Okay?"

Felix nodded. "I think that'll be good for me."

"Great." Mrs Lee kissed him on the good cheek and hugged him. "Don't be mad at your dad. He loves you a lot. He'll come around." With that, she kissed him on the cheek again then went upstairs, leaving him with Jisung.

"Can you talk?" Jisung inquired, looking at the red and swollen cheek.

Felix sighed. "Stings a bit but I'll be fine. Let's go to the kitchen." They walked into the kitchen and Felix went to the fridge. He took a bag of frozen broccoli and held it to his cheek. "So what do you want to talk about?"

Jisung sat on the kitchen stool, facing Felix. "Why are you back? I mean, I thought you were going to elope with her."

Felix recalled what had happened and sighed deeply. "It was like you said. She didn't believe me. She thought I was pulling another fucking prank on her or something. She said if she left with me, maybe a bunch of our friends would pop out and start laughing at her or record her and play the vidoe for the entire school to see. She doesn't trust me anymore."

"I'm sorry, Felix" Jisung said. "At least you tried. She's the one who sent you away."

"Dude the biggest thing I can do to show her that I am not behind the video is to reveal that I am the one in the video but you know, my fucking dad won't let me. I don't even know what to fucking do anymore."

"Just do what your mum said." Jisung advised. "Take some time for yourself. Relax. Forget the outside world and focus on yourself."

"But I'll just keep thinking about her Sungie." Felix groaned. "I called her like, 30 fucking times this morning. It all went to voicemail. I know I'm bugging her but I can't fucking help it. I feel suffocated. I miss her and I want to make things right but it seems like the more I try, the more things get messed up. You know what's the weirdest thing that happened when I went to see her?"

Jisung shook his head."What happened?"

"It was like she already knew my plan." Felix said, confused. "I know it doesn't make any sense. I mean, how could she have known that I wanted to elope with her?"

"Wait, I don't understand." Jisung said. "She knew already?"

Felix groaned. "That's the thing! I'm not sure but I think she did because the minute she saw me, she told me she wasn't going anywhere with me. How did she know what I wanted to ask her? Do you think someone saw me and told her?"

Jisung frowned. "That doesn't make any sense. How could anyone have seen you? And if anyone did, how could they know about your plans?"

Felix thought about it more, realising Jisung was right. "But it still doesn't explain how she knew." He then looked at Jisung, his brows furrowing with doubt. "You were the only one that knew though."

Jisung frowned when he heard the subtle accusation in Felix's tone. "So what? You think I told her?"

"I don't know man." Felix sighed deeply, ruffling his blonde hair. "I don't know what to fucking believe these days."

"Dude you can believe me. I would never do that." Jisung defended. 

Felix didn't say anything for a while. Jisung could see the big shiny question mark hovering over Felix's head, showing that Felix was having a hard time believing him.

"Aera's smart, Felix." He said. "You've been pestering her since the incident and then you show up at her house in the middle of the night with a duffel bag. She must have put two and two together. I mean, I guessed it right away when I caught you sneaking out. It couldn't have been hard for her to figure it out. Besides, she knows you just as much as I do."

"Hmmm," Felix mused. "Makes sense." He didn't want to dwell on the topic anymore. It was giving him a headache. Then he suddenly thought of something. "Oh and hey, what were you doing outside by that time? I thought you had already gone home."

Jisung paled slightly then he smiled nervously. "W-Well, Your mum asked me to stay the night in case you needed me. I couldn't sleep because of the whole stuff going on with you so I went out for some air."

Felix nodded. "You should have just stayed in my room you know. Maybe you could have talked me out of the eloping idea because it was stupid and I think it fucked up my chances with her."

"Hey don't think too much of it okay. If you guys are meant to be, she'll come back to you. I think what you both need is time."

Felix fished out his phone from his pocket and sighed. "You know I'm not that patient Sungie. Especially when I have this with me. I'll be tempted to call her everyday."

Jisung suddenly had an idea. "You know what, give me your phone. I'll hold on to it for you for the entire week. That way, even if you get the urge to call her, you won't be able to."

"I don't know..." Felix wasn't really comfortable with the idea of staying a week in the house without his phone.

"Come on, it'll help you" Jisung urged. "You'll also be giving Aera time and space which will help her think clearly and perhaps understand that you couldn't have done such a thing to her."

To get back with Aera was what he wanted the most and to do that, he needed to give her some space not bug her all the time. He sighed. "Fine. Here." He handed Jisung his phone. "You're going to school today right?"

Jisung nodded. "Yeah. Anything you want me to tell the others? You know, pertaining Aera. Things are already hard enough for her. Our stupid friends can make things worse. Especially Lisa and Rose."

"Yeah." Felix answered. "Watch over her her for me okay. Tell Jeongin not to be an ass to her and tell the girls to stay away from her."

"Trust me dude." Jisung said, getting off the stool. He stretched out out hand and they did a fist bump. "I got your back. There's gonna be absolutely nothing to worry about. I'll drop by everyday. Before and after school. Make sure you eat and get lots of rest."

Felix nodded. "Okay."