Chapter 26

"There's trouble" Jeongin said immediately Felix went out of the dining room. They had just finished breakfast and Jeongin sent him out with the excuse that they had business related matters to discuss. Felix usually let his brothers handle everything so he didn't mind.

Seonghwa and Jimin faced Jeongin with confusion written on their faces.

"Trouble? What kind of trouble?" Seonghwa asked. He wiped his lips with a napkin and concentrated fully on Jeongin. "Is there a problem with the building?"

"No it's not that" Jeongin answered. He was a bit nervous. After all, he didn't inform them about Felix's current behaviour. He thought it didn't really matter as Felix didn't remember Chan but Felix went back to the hospital to check up on him and when Felix was told that Chan was transfered to another hospital, he seemed really sad. Jeongin was extremely concerned about him. This was the main reason he invited himself to the Parks new villa for breakfast. "It's about Felix"

Jimin, who was drinking tea, instantly placed the cup down. "What about Felix?"

Right from the time Felix's mother brought Felix to their home and explained everything that had happened to them, Jimin felt very protective of the boy. Though they were marternal cousins, they took Felix as their own junior brother and not once had they ever shown him any differences. They were blood after all.

Jimin had always felt lonely because he left the family business for his younger brother to take care of so Seonghwa had never really had much time for them to hang out. But when Felix came, it changed everything. He brought out the hidden fun loving part of Jimin and Jimin gave him all the love and protection a senior brother could give.

Now hearing that Felix was in trouble, of course he very worried. "What's wrong with Felix? I hope he didn't get into any trouble. He looked and acted normal during breakfast just now"

"Well, Felix is physically fine and he's not in any major trouble" Jeongin answered. "The only thing is, I think he's starting to like Christopher Bang again"

The room went silent for a moment.

"What are you saying?" Seonghwa asked. "When did he even get the chance to see Christopher Bang let alone like him? We stopped that from happening the other day didn't we?"

Jeongin nodded. "Yes but they met again and Chris met with an accident caused by Felix"

Jimin gasped, instantly alarmed. "An accident? And you didn't care to tell us?"

"It's not something major okay" he replied. "What's major is the fact that Felix is starting to like him again. I could see it. The level of worry he felt for Chris was too much"

"On what basis are you saying this?" Seonghwa asked. He felt that Felix had no memory of Chan, so why would he be worried about him? Chan should be a complete stranger to Felix.

Jeongin then proceeded to tell them everything that had happened at the hospital. When he was done, both brothers were silent, thinking.

"I think Felix should go back abroad" he suggested. "I know he proposed this project to help the needy and he's taking full responsibility for funding but he doesn't need to be here for us to complete it. Besides, we're still building and it will take at least six months to finish. He can come back when we're done but now, we have to stop them from meeting at all costs"

"But that's not right" Seonghwa said, clearly not agreeing. "He is the sole owner of this project. We're just using our own name as the Parks to cover up his own so that it won't raise any questions. After all, to the world, Lee Felix is dead. Making Felix leave while the project is underway is not right. We all saw how excited he was to come to Seoul. Why should we take that from him all because of one person?"

"You have no idea how that one person ruined Felix's life!" Jeongin argued, appalled by the fact that Seonghwa wasn't taking it seriously. "Felix's reputation was tarnished because of him. Felix nearly died because of him. I mean, look at Felix now. He has lost two years worth of memories. Two years! That man is bad news and I don't want to see my friend hurt because of him again. Listen to me and send Felix back before it's too late"

"Have you thought about how Felix will feel?" Jimin asked. "I mean, he doesn't even remember Chris so I don't see how this can negatively affect him. Besides, what reason can we give him to go back? Winter holidays isn't over yet so we can't use school"

Jeongin groaned. "Then just force him! I'm telling you, if we let Felix stay, there's a very high chance that Chris will see him and know that he's alive. Do you think Chris will let him go? He will just make Felix suffer more. That guy is not right for him"

Jimin sighed, pushing back his pink hair. "Jeongin, Hyunjin and Changbin have already spoken to us. They said Chris deeply regrets what he did to Felix and tortures himself everyday because of it. They said he's so disturbed that he can't sleep and he's making really bad decisions which are affecting his mental health. Changbin even said he's going to meet with Chris's secretary to discuss and find ways they can help him heal"

"Heal?" Jeongin scoffed. "If it's up to me, I will let him go mad then put him in a mental hospital. The fucker deserves it. He deserves worse than that" He then thought of something. "But wait, what are you trying to say? That he should be given another chance?"

Jimin shook his head. "You're misunderstanding Jeongin. I'm saying that we should let nature take it's course. We can't control everything that happens in Felix's life. Our aunt entrusted him to us not to control him but to protect him and give him a better life. A better environment. And that's what we're trying to do. If Chris and Felix are destined to meet again, no matter how we try to stop it, they still will. It's not up to us"

Don't forget to vote pls😊