Chapter 70

"No" Felix sniffled. "No, I can't. You guys have treated me so well. You gave me the things my own parents could never give me. I am very grateful for that but-"

"But what?" Seonghwa cut him off. "We lied to you, yes. You're angry, it is your right to be as I understand that we have hurt you but you shouldn't treat us like this. Don't hurt us like this Felix. We love you and you know it. You should know that if we keep things from you, it's for your own good. We're protecting you. Not telling you the truth is also part of it and if I have to do this all over again, I won't change a single thing because that was the only way to keep you safe"

"But safe from what?" Felix asked. That question was tearing him apart inside. "What do you need to protect me from? My past? Everyone faces their past at one time in their lives and they get over it. What makes you think I need protection from it?"

"Because it will put your life at risk!" Seonghwa shouted.

"Enough!" Jimin snapped. "That's enough!" He didn't want Felix to know of his past yet. Not until they were sure he was going to be okay.

Felix was stunned. He stood there, mouth agape as he stared at them in disbelief.

Jimin sighed as he kneaded his temples. "It's late and I'm exhausted. We spent hours searching for you Felix and we all need some rest so this matter ends here. Everyone should go back and get some sleep. We'll talk in the morning when everyone's head is clear"

Felix scoffed. "Or you mean after you cook up more lies to tell me"

"Felix" Jimin called in a warning tone but Felix was the least bit bothered about it.

"What? Isn't that it?" he asked. "You guys are going to go back, discuss things and then tell me whatever you guys have concluded. Which is going to be more lies. Why can't you all tell me now? I've already recovered some of my memories. You only need to fill in the gaps"

Seonghwa chuckled lowly. "Fill in the gaps? How much do you even remember?"

"How does that matter?" Felix asked. "I'm the one asking the questions"

"Oh, it matters," Seonghwa said. "Because if you really remember, then this man, -he pointed at Chan- will not be standing beside you right now! The fact that he's here shows that you have remembered nothing of significance!"

He stepped closer to Felix and said in a strict tone. "Go upstairs, freshen up, and get some sleep. No one will answer your questions until we rest and we're clear-minded"

Felix knew Seonghwa well. He could be very nice and sweet but when he's serious, no one can move him or change his mind. Knowing he wasn't going to get any answers, Felix huffed and stormed away without a second look at anyone.

Chan wanted to follow but Seonghwa quickly held him back. "Where do you think you're going? You and Felix can't be in the same room together. Since you're the one who found him and it's too late for you to leave, we'll let you spend the night here. In the guest room"

"Never mind," Chan said, brushing Seonghwa's hand from his shoulder. "I have an apartment nearby."

Besides, Chan didn't want to cause any more trouble so he just decided to leave. After all, they were Felix's guardians and everyone was in a bad mood. It wouldn't be right to insist on staying.

Felix, who was almost upstairs heard these words and hastily rushed back. He grabbed Chan's hand and gave them a look of defiance. "He's staying with me. He'll spend the night here. In my room"

"Are you serious right now?" Seonghwa asked, irritated. "You're just trying to make me angry"

"So what if I am?" Felix scoffed, raising his chin like he was looking for a fight. "If you guys can lie to me then my boyfriend can spend the night. With me. In my room. Not negotiable"

Seonghwa scowled at Felix but Felix was not going to back down. Seeing this, Jimin pushed forward on his wheelchair and grabbed Seonghwa's hand. "Let them be, Seonghwa. At this point, you know that Felix won't listen. Moreover, Chan is older than him. He knows what to do and not what to do"

He gave Chan a pointed look and Chan returned it without hesitation. "I'll let you both know that if Felix initiates anything, I'll be naturally too weak to resist"

"You!" Seonghwa shouted, pointing a finger in form of warning to Chan while Felix snickered, delighted to see Seonghwa so furious. He decided to further fan the flames.

"In my current mood, who knows if I'll be too mad to think straight?" he asked nonchalantly. "I might even throw myself into my boyfriend's arms for comfort"

Seonghwa looked like he would burst due to anger. His nostrils were flared and his eyes were spitting fire. He felt like a father who had worked so hard to raise and change a bratty kid and now, that kid was going to be eaten by the enemy. And the worst thing was that the kid was willing!

Jimin sighed helplessly. He didn't want things to escalate between Seonghwa and Felix but it seemed like none of them was willing to back down so he signalled Chan to take Felix away.

Felix was very pleased with himself. The wide smile on his face showed it all. Deep down, Felix knew that Seonghwa truly cared for him but to let go of such a lie was difficult. Since they weren't willing to tell the truth so he would make sure to infuriate them as much as possible.

Chan knew what Felix was trying to do so he squeezed Felix's hand gently as he bent low and whispered softly in his ear; "Take me upstairs"

Felix turned to Chan with a frown but did as he was told. He gave his cousins a daunting look before he led Chan to his room.

As they walked, Chan thought of the first time Felix invited him to his room. It was the night Felix was curious about fingering. He recalled choking on his food when Felix asked him to finger him. Now that he thought about it, it was quite funny. Chan smiled to himself as it was a night he has always kept close to his heart.

He was Felix's first.

Don't forget to vote pls😊