Chapter 140

"Absolutely," she said, kissing his cheek. "You did use protection though right?"

"Muuuuum" Felix whined, feeling embarrassed. 

"What?" Mrs Lee asked. "We don't want you catching any STDs. We know girls like her are just full of them."

"What do you mean by girls like her?" Felix asked, offended. "Mum I was her first okay. Do not speak about Aera that way. She's still my girlfriend."

"Not anymore." Mr Lee said firmly. He pulled Mrs Lee aside and glared at Felix hard. He hated anything that could threaten what he had suffered to build and Aera was one of them.

"This is why I do not let your mother make decisions when it comes to you. She becomes all soft when you cry and gives in to your wishes."

"Hey! I don't!" Mrs Lee opposed it.

"Well, I won't let it happen this time Felix." Mr Lee said, ignoring her. "You're a man and you're going to start acting like one. Now, you will not talk about that video in school, you hear me? Not a single word. You will not give any statement to the press regarding it also. For all you know, that shameless shut cheated on you and that's it. End of story."

"But-" Felix started.

"Listen to me!" Mr Lee yelled, making Felix flinch in fear. He had never seen his dad so furious before. His dad had also never yelled at him like that before.

"You will cut all ties with that girl and forget about her."

"And if I don't?" Felix asked. He loved her and he made a promise to her. Why couldn't they understand that?

Mr Lee chuckled. "Well, if you don't son, I'll make her life worse than it already is and you know I can do it."

Felix stared at his father and he knew his father wasn't joking. "Will you really hurt a teenage girl because of your reputation?"

"You put her in this situation Felix." Mr Lee said. "This is all your fault. You started this and you will man up and finish it."

"But isn't manning up owning up to the fact that it was me in the video?" Felix asked. "Isn't that taking responsibility? You're saying one thing but want me to do another."

"You were blurred in the video so why do you want to make things hard for yourself?" Mr Lee asked. "The sick person who did it gave you an easy way out. Why do you have to involve yourself? Let things play out as they are."

"What about Aera? She's innocent. She doesn't deserve it."

Mr Lee groaned. "Oh God, Felix if you do not do as I say, I swear, I will hire the Hans to do their job."

Felix gasped. He knew what Jisung's family did for a living. He glanced at Jisung but Jisung didn't look at him.

"I mean every word I say, Felix" Mr Lee said. "You either let her go through the humiliation and still live or she goes through the humiliation and you lose her forever."

Tears ran down Felix's cheeks like a waterfall. He knew his father meant what he said. He could see the hard look in his eyes. If he went against his father and told everyone he was the one in the video, Aera would cease to exist. Felix didn't even know what to say. How could his father be so cruel? With one scathing look at his parents and Jisung, he ran upstairs, not wanting to see their faces for another moment.

********

"How could you say that to him?" Mrs Lee said, glaring at her husband. "He's still a boy."

"He's a man," Mr Lee said. "It's time he learned things the hard way. Life isn't all rainbows and roses like you taught him to believe. He has to know that his actions have consequences."

Mrs Lee sighed. "Still, you were too hard on him. Our son is a good person. He has a good heart."

"Well a good heart will not be needed when he takes over our Empire" Mr Lee said. "I need him to be strong. He's my only successor."

"So will you really hire the Hans to, you know, end the girl?"

Mr Lee sighed heavily. "If I have to."

Felix had heard enough. He gritted his teeth as he tiptoed downstairs. It was 3 am and he was trying to sneak out of the house with a duffel bag when he saw that the study door was slightly open and he could hear his parent's voices so he decided to eavesdrop. It was a good thing he did. Now he knew his father was really serious and could carry on with his plan.
Slowly and quietly, he successfully made it out and started running. There were lights everywhere and he was afraid he would be spotted. It would take a while to get out of the mansion because the gate was far from the main house but he was determined. Nothing could stop him now.

"Felix?" he suddenly heard someone call. He paused for he recognised the voice.

He turned to find Jisung resting against one of the cars parked by the fountain. He was dressed in a pair of blue sweatpants and a thin white shirt. It was cold but Jisung wasn't wearing a jacket. His eyes were dark and he stared at Felix like he wanted to hurt him.

Felix was stunned. "J-Jisung, what are you doing here? It's 3 in the morning." He didn't notice anything odd about Jisung.

"I could ask you the same thing," Jisung said, stepping away from the car. "What are you doing outside by 3 am? Where are you going to? You're even carrying a bag."

"That is none of your business." Felix snapped. "After ratting me out to my parents, you think you still have the right to question me?"

"I did what I thought was right for you Felix," Jisung stated. "You're my best friend and I'll do anything to protect you."

Felix huffed. "Well Aera, is the girlfriend of your best friend so you should protect her as well. Man, what has gotten into you? Why are you against her? Do you even realise what you've even done? If I do not do what Dad says, he's going to end her and I cannot let that happen. I also cannot let her suffer the humiliation from that video."

"So you'll what? Run away together? I'm guessing that's why you're sneaking out by this time with a bag."

Don't forget to vote pls 😁