Chapter 42

Changbin didn't want it to happen. Not yet anyway. "Chris-"

Chan held up a hand and Changbin reluctantly kept quiet. "It wasn't just Jeongin. A bunch of your old friends were involved too. My sister went to you school and things happened. You know, high school bullying and stuff. Next thing, she took her own life. I was mad and so was my father. Our plan was to avenge her. An eye for an eye"

Felix couldn't believe it. His own friends, involved with murder "B-But-"

"But we didn't go through with it. Jeongin is alive as you can see" Chan continued. "He's just still mad that I tried to kill him"

"Well that was five years ago, Felix" Jimin said, wanting to end the whole thing that Jeongin started. He also knew that Felix could overthink the whole issue so he wanted to smoothen things up first. "Obviously, Chris, who was actually wronged, has already let go of the tragedy that befell his sister. Being cordial while in the same room as Jeongin has proved that. The only person with issues is Jeongin himself. He still can't get over the fact that Chris wanted payment in blood. His blood to be exact while I think that he should actually be grateful that he's still alive. Be sure to tell him that the next time you two speak Felix"

Felix, who was still trying to digest the information, nodded in a daze.

"I agree" Seonghwa stated. "The only person with any problems here is Jeongin. Chris has gotten over it. The past is in the past. Let's not dig up any more skeletons"

Satisfied, Jimin smiled. "Now, let's finish dinner. My favourite show will start in 20 minutes and I do not want to miss it"

And so, dinner resumed. If anyone noticed, Chan didn't really eat much. He just took a few bites here and there then put most of the juicy things of Felix's plate. They were actually all kinds of food that Felix loves to eat. He never forgot a single one.

If Felix's mind wasn't too wrapped up around the things he just heard, he would have actually noticed. Instead, he was thinking, Chan had mentioned his old friends. He also mentioned Lisa. Did that mean Rose and Jisung were part of it too? Was that the reason Jisung disappeared? Felix thought that there definitely had to be more to it which he would surely find out.

Dinner ended soon enough and it was time for Chan to leave. He didn't want to though. The evening was ruined by Jeongin and he didn't get to speak to Felix much so he was in a semi bad mood. He'd have to set things straight with Jeongin or his relationship with Felix will end before it could even begin.

Seonghwa, Hyunjin, Changbin and Felix saw Chan to his car. They said a few words and turned to leave except Felix. He had been thinking and he had more to say.

When the others noticed, they decided to give them some space and went back inside.

"Is there a problem?" Chan asked. He nervously ran his fingers through his dark curls. He knew he had risked telling Felix a part of the truth but he really didn't want to lie. Not this time. Not when he has a clean slate. Not when he's starting over.

Felix stepped closer to Chan. The wind blew, carrying the scent of Chan's cologne to his nostrils. Just like the ocean. Free, calming. Felix let out the breath he didn't know he was holding and raised his head to stare Chan in the eyes. "Jeongin was wrong. I'm sorry for his behaviour tonight. I'll surely talk to him and make sure he stops being hostile to you"

Chan chuckled as he extended an arm and ruffled Felix's hair. It was soft. Softer than he remembered. "It's okay. I can handle him myself. Don't worry about it"

Felix felt a bit disturbed. "You're not going to do anything to him are you?"

"If I wanted to, he wouldn't be here by now" Chan replied. "He knows it himself. I guess I just scared him too much back then"

Felix nodded, wanting to talk about his other friends but he knew that it was too early. Chan might suspect things so he decided to not mention it. Instead, he closed the gap between them, catching Chan by surprise with the sudden hug. Felix looped his arms around Chan's neck and whispered in his earv, "I'm sorry for your loss Chan. May she rest in peace" His voice was soft and sweet, tickling Chan's heart. The faint scent of vanilla wafted into his nostrils and his brain went foggy. He was unable to think of a single thing.

His hands which had been itching to touch Felix all the time quickly snaked around the lithe waist. It wasn't tight but it wasn't loose either. It was just right and Chan wanted to hold Felix in his arms forever. He missed the warmth of Felix's body. He missed the feel of him.

If it was back then, Chan would have pushed his hands underneath Felix's sweater and stroked the smooth skin there. Felix would have moaned in his ear, sending jolts of pleasure through his entire body.

After what seemed like an eternity to Chan but we're just mere seconds to Felix, Felix pulled away and stepped back.

Chan stared into those beautiful brown eyes, then the adorable freckles scattered around his nose and upper cheeks, down to his cute slim button nose and finally, those pink plump lips. Chan could remember the texture vividly. He could even remember the taste.

Feeling a familiar sensation in his lower region, Chan quickly averted his gaze and cleared his throat. "Uh thanks. Thank you. I really appreciate it". He opened the car door and angled himself behind it, not wanting Felix to see his pants protuding quickly. It would be so weird.

Felix smiled. "Drive safe Chan. Good night"

"Good night" Chan replied. With that, Felix turned and walked back into the house.

Don't forget to vote pls😊