Chapter 5

Park Seonghwa above

Next was a person Chan really didn't want to see. They hadn't even met since the day Felix passed away. It was Yang Jeongin and Chan felt sudden anger at seeing him alive and well. Back then, Chan badly wanted to ruin him but he remembered that Felix had already forgiven him. Chan couldn't bear to wrong the right that Felix did so he let Jeongin go. He just didn't expect to see him now. Jeongin was dressed fashionably. His black suit was from the latest Hwang collection. Chan knew because he kept up with news of all companies rated 1-10 in the world. Hwangs were rated 5. The Yangs were rated 7.

Last was the person who invited them all, Park Seonghwa. He was tall and very good-looking. With chestnut brown hair, gelled back professionally. Dressed in a simple plain three piece black suit. He had on a doting expression as he seemed like he was gently trying to persuade the man in the face mask to do something. As Chan and Mingi were getting closer, they could hear the conversation.

"...you see that you've caught a cold on your first night in Seoul. Yet, you still want to run around with Jimin hyung. You should stay at the hotel and rest okay. I will feel better knowing you're safe and sound"

The guy in mask shook his head, dissatisfied. "But I will feel bored sitting alone in the hotel". His voice was very hoarse and scratchy. Must be due to the cold. "Jimin hyung and I will just go shopping. You don't have to worry about our safety because the bodyguards will be with us. We won't run away this time. We promise! Right Jimin hyung?"

Park Jimin pursed his lips, clearly not happy about the bodyguards but he knew Park Seonghwa will not agree until he promised so he sighed dejectedly. "Yes. We promise"

Park Seonghwa looked a bit relieved. "Okay fine. You can go" he said, though it was evident he was still reluctant. "But you have two hours only. I want you two back in the hotel by 11"

The masked guy and Park Jimin nodded. The masked guy then bid goodbye to them excitedly and started to wheel Park Jimin towards the exit.

The two passed by Chan and Mingi and for a split second, Chan locked eyes with the masked guy. His heart skipped a beat and his body froze. That guy...

His eyes followed the two in a daze and just when his body turned in their direction, ready to follow, the call of his name made him pause.

"Chris!" Hyunjin shouted, looking apprehensive but excited as well. He immediately pushed Changbin's arm off his shoulder and closed the little distance there was between them and Chan, engulfing him in a tight hug. "Oh my God it's been so long!"

Chan's body stiffened but his eyes were still on the masked guy who was getting farther and farther away. He wanted to go and check. Suddenly, Park Seonghwa blocked his view and Chan returned to his senses. He placed a hand on Hyunjin's soft blonde hair and pushed him back, making sure he was at arm's length. "You know I don't like too much physical contact"

Changbin playfully elbowed him in the ribs. "So cold. We've just met after so many years and that's the first thing you say"

Chan didn't mind them at all, knowing he didn't hurt their feelings. He turned to Park Seonghwa. "Who was that just now?"

Mingi facepalmed. Changbin and Hyunjin were used to Chan being like that because they've been friends since high school and they knew that Chan felt more than he let on. But for Park Seonghwa, it was definitely rude.

Still Park Seonghwa just smiled. Christopher Bang was not a simple person and for the project to be successful, they needed him. So he put up with it and smiled. "My brother"

Chan was impatient. "I know Park Jimin. I'm talking about the one with the mask"

Park Seonghwa smiled even wider, giving nothing away. "My brother"

Chan was taken aback at the answer. His brother? But Park Seonghwa had only one brother! And that... that person with the mask looked so familiar. Those eyes, they were so alike! Even with his mind in shock, Chan's face was expressionless. As blank as a white sheet of paper.

To others, he wasn't fazed by the answer. But to Mingi, he was completely shaken. Having followed Chan all his life, he could see the turmoil in Chan's eyes.

Chan was silent so Park Seonghwa couldn't help but ask, "Is there a problem?"

"No" Chan said curtly, coming back to his senses. Then he gave a signal to Mingi with his eyes. He wanted every bit of information about that guy. For Park Seonghwa to have hidden a brother for so many years, he was definitely not a simple person. He must take the Park family very seriously.

After his answer, he missed the relieved expressions of four people.

"Ah we shouldn't all stand here" Hyunjin said with a laugh, breaking the awkward atmosphere. "Come come, let's go eat. There's a lot to discuss"

With that, Park Seonghwa led the way to the private room he booked. In his heart, he was quite scared back there, hoping Chan would not get any ideas. Bringing those two back to Seoul was a very dangerous move but he couldn't have left them in the US alone. After all, the project was related to them and the main sponsor was the masked guy. But, Chan didn't need to know.

Changbin and Hyunjin's hearts finally calmed. It seemed that they were worried for nothing. As long as they all mind their own businesses and go about things carefully, they would finish the project in peace then move back abroad.

Yang Jeongin had his hands in his pockets as he walked at the very back. His mind kept repeating the expression of shock on Chan's face just now. He sighed deeply. They would have to avoid any other encounters. If not, things would go haywire and nobody would be able to stop Chan. Today, they were able to stop him. There was no guarantee for next time.

Don't forget to vote pls😊