Chapter 82

"Yes," Hyunjin supported. "We won't let you blacken Chan and keep yourself clean in the eyes of your son. We agree that Chan did all that but what about you? What about the things you did? You should be grateful you're not in prison with your husband"

"Besides," Seonghwa added. "You're exaggerating Auntie. Chan didn't force you out of the country. You just couldn't face the consequences of your actions. That's why you fled. What Chan did to you and uncle is justified. Don't drag Felix into it"

"We won't let you manipulate him, Auntie," Jimin said. "If you can't tell him the whole truth, then just let it go"

Mrs Lee held on to Felix tighter, ignoring their words. "Felix, Felix can you hear how they're talking to me? Can you hear what they're saying? They're not even trying to understand my pain. All they care about is that evil man. Even after what he did to me, to us, they're still supporting him. Felix, my son, you can't listen to them. Chan ruined our family. He imprisoned your father. Aren't you angry? Don't you want to take revenge? Doesn't it make you want to leave Tokyo?"

Felix didn't even know what to say. His brain was still reeling with all the information. He was shocked to hear that his father was in prison but he was even more shocked to hear that it was Chan who put him there. Then the others are saying that his father deserves it. But what did he do to deserve it? Felix has always known his father as an upright citizen. What law could his father have broken? What crime did he commit?

All these made him want to know exactly what happened. Was it because Chan put his father in jail that he left for five years? But that doesn't explain his memory loss.

Felix frowned as he tried hard to remember and a massive headache hit him with force. He groaned and suddenly stumbled backwards as he felt as if his head was smashed by a heavy rock.

Seonghwa, who was the closest to him quickly caught him before he fell. "Felix are you okay?"

Everyone started to panic. They all surrounded him, looking very worried.

"I feel very dizzy and my head hurts" he groaned as he rubbed his temples.

"Take him upstairs to rest," Jimin said to Seonghwa. "Let's end this discussion here"

Seonghwa nodded as he held Felix up by the waist and slung Felix's arm over his shoulder. "Can you walk or should I carry you?"

Felix was filled with so much pain that he couldn't hear a thing. The voices around him were echoing and his sight was gradually darkening. "I...I..."

He couldn't even complete his sentence.

Mrs Lee began to panic and cry. "Felix I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. Felix, I'm sorry"

"Take him upstairs. Dr Anna and I will check on him" Dr Sarias said.

"I-It hurts" Felix murmured, groaning from the pain. "M-My h-head...i-it hurts..."

Seonghwa didn't wait any longer. He carried Felix and rushed upstairs. Dr Sarias and Dr Anna followed closely behind.

Witnessing the result of her actions, Mrs Lee suddenly sunk to her knees in tears, sobbing and lamenting. "This is my fault. I've hurt my son again. If I didn't tell him the truth, this would not have happened"

Hyunjin sneered. "The truth? That was nonsense. You just want Felix to hate Chan"

"We won't allow it," Changbin said. "Whatever you're planning, drop it. We won't let you break them up. They've been through enough already"

"What are you two saying?" Mrs Lee sobbed, unable to believe that they were on Chan's side. "You were there that night. You saw everything. You saw how ruthless Chan was. You saw what he did to Felix"

"If Felix comes to know about that, let him deal with it himself" Hyunjin answered. "That is between them. Don't meddle"

"Hyunjin is right Auntie," Jimin said. "If Felix learns what Chan did to him, he'll be the one to decide what happens next. Let the boy make his own decisions. He's old enough already"

"No. No" she shook her head. "You guys don't understand. You weren't there when Felix was hospitalised. You don't know how obsessed he was with Chan. It was as if Chan was his entire life. Even though we told him that Chan was the mastermind behind everything, he didn't believe us. He trusted Chan no matter what and that bastard betrayed him. Felix was devastated. He was in so much pain that he wanted to end his life. If we hadn't arrived at the hospital in time, my baby boy wouldn't have survived"

Jimin, Hyunjin, and Changbin remained silent, watching her.

"And now," she continued. "You want me to accept their relationship? You want me to accept the man that nearly cost me my son's life? That's impossible. I can never accept him. Never. No matter what he does, I will never accept him"

Jimin pressed a button and his wheelchair moved towards Mrs Lee, stopping when he was right beside her. Since she was sitting on the floor, he reached out and touched her shoulder gently. "Auntie, I think you should just take some time to think about this. I know that Chan made huge mistakes but remember that there was a man behind the scenes and that is Mr Yoongi.  Everything Chan did was to please him and help him avenge his daughter"

"But Felix didn't kill Aera" she sobbed. "He was innocent"

"That was what Chan failed to understand," Jimin said. "But he does now. The mistake has already been made and nothing can change the past but if a person realises his mistake and tries to make up for it, doesn't that person deserve a second chance?"

Jimin's words slowly sunk into Mrs Lee's mind. With trembling hands, she wiped her tears and gazed up at her nephew who was smiling softly at her. "Think about it, Auntie. Is Chan really all that bad? I've visited uncle many times and he's quite comfortable. No one is giving him a hard time and you know that with all the enemies that uncle has made, it's almost impossible but Chan made it so. Imagine how painful it must have been for him to do that knowing his parents are not with him because of you guys. Still, he did it out of the respect and love he has for Felix. I mean, he could have pursued you all the way to the US. He has the power to but he let you go. He let you rebuild your connections and your life. He let you live comfortably. Can you still call him evil after this?"

Mrs Lee frowned. "B-B-But-"

"I know what you want to say," Jimin said. "That what he did to Felix is unforgivable but shouldn't that be Felix's choice? Shouldn't he be the one to decide if he wants to forgive Chan or not? After all, it's Felix he hurt in that aspect. Once two people get together, they're called a couple. And no third parties are allowed. If Felix learns the truth, let him decide for himself, Auntie. Don't force him to do what he doesn't want to do.

"Yes, ma'am please," Hyunjin said. "Give Chan a second chance just like he gave to you. I assure you that you won't regret it"

Mrs Lee knew in her heart that Chan was not entirely at fault. She knew that she and her husband had taken away Chan's parents from him but she also couldn't imagine forgiving Chan.

Torn between hatred and guilt, she balled her fists, her nails digging into the skin of her palms as she whispered to herself. "I understand what you're all trying to tell me. But if I let go of all this resentment, all this anger, I'm afraid I won't be able to live"

Don't forget to vote pls😊