Chapter 44

"You wouldn't dare!" Jeongin roared. "I have a 6 year old child. You wouldn't dare to take his father away from him"

That just made Chan laugh. "I wouldn't dare? Do not forget, Jeongin, that there are many people who will be willing to take of JJ while you're in prison. There's his other father, Seungmin. Then you have his Godfather, Felix. You also have the Park brothers and Changbin and Hyunjin. Surely they won't let your son suffer. JJ is not short of father figures who are even better than you in every aspect so I don't think your absence will make much of a difference to him"

Jeongin was shocked to the bone. He couldn't believe Chan was so ruthless.

"This time, I can go to any length for Felix. Reasonable or not. Legal or not. Morally right or not. Any length Jeongin so you better be careful" he warned. "You lived a good life these five years while I was miserable. You have your family and I want to have mine. Keep instigating Felix and you'll know just what I'm capable of. You may call me cruel Jeongin but I'm not even half the monster that you are. If Felix regains his memories, he will also remember that he forgave you so he won't be hostile to you. That one's for sure but there's also one information about you that he didn't know"

"And what is that?" Jeongin asked. His voice was shaking and his face was bloodless. Chan had him good.

Chan glared at Jeongin like he was the devil's incarnate. "The fact that you raped Aera a week after the video was released"

The truth hit him like a ton of bricks. His blood ran cold and he stumbled backwards, like a zombie.

"Now tell me Jeongin" Chan said. "Who will Felix hate more? The man who lied to him and betrayed his love or the so called best friend that raped the girl he loved so deeply and tortured her to death?"

Seeing Jeongin's almost lifeless expression, Chan was satisfied. He opened his car door and got in. He shut the door and rolled down the window. "Think carefully Jeongin. My relationship with Felix is none of your business. You will stay out of it. My hatred for you surpasses your hatred for me considering what you did to my sister. One wrong move and you'll be spending the rest of your life behind bars. Seungmin and JJ deserve someone better anyway"

With that, he turned on his car and drove away, leaving Jeongin with a pile of information and a greatly disturbed heart.

********

"Soooo, how was your time with Chris?" Hyunjin asked as he handed Felix a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows inside.

Changbin and Hyunjin had decided to spend the night. Especially since Hyunjin found out that he and Jimin loved the same show and stayed to watch it with him which took over two hours. It was already late by the time it ended so Jimin insisted that they should stay the night.

Hyunjin was more than happy too. Naturally, after a dinner like that, there was bound to be some gossiping. Felix accepted the cup with a smile and took a sip. It was really sweet which deepened the depth of his smile.

Seeing that, Hyunjin cooed, "Awww someone has a crush on Christopher Bang. I could tell from the way you kept blushing around him"

"Stop it!" Felix said playfully but his ears were red already. "It doesn't matter if I like him or not. We can't be together"

Hyunjin frowned and propped himself on the counter beside Felix who was sitting on a long stool. "What do you mean you can't be together? What's stopping you?"

Felix sighed as he recalled Jeongin's words. "We can't work Hyunjin. I mean, Chan is tall, handsome, and really nice. He makes me feel some type of way that I haven't felt with anyone before but I can't deal with his lifestyle. It's too scary for me"

"Okay, I'm confused here" Hyunjin said. "Elaborate"

Felix muled over his next words for a while then he turned and gazed around, wanting to make sure no one was eavesdropping. Especially the servants. When he was sure that there was no one, he leaned close to Hyunjin and whispered, "He's into BDSM"

They both went silent and Hyunjin stared at Felix like he had grown two heads.

"What?" Felix asked. "It's true. Jeongin told me"

Hyunjin groaned as he finally understood. "Great. Jeongin again"

Felix frowned. "What? Did he do something?"

"Yes Felix. He lied to you" Hyunjin sighed. "Chris isn't into BDSM. I mean, he can be a bit domineering and quite scary but he's not practising that lifestyle okay. I've known him almost all my life. Take it from his bestie and not that guy who hates him"

Felix's eyes widened as he realised Jeongin had tricked him. "But why will he tell me that?"

"To keep you away from him sweetie" Hyunjin answered. "Jeongin doesn't like Chris because of what happened between them in the past so he definitely won't want to see you, his friend, getting cozy with the enemy"

Felix thought it was ridiculous. "It doesn't make sense. Chan should be the angry one not him"

"Exactly" Hyunjin said. "I think you should double check anything Jeongin tells you about Chris from now on"

Thinking it made sense, Felix nodded then something occurred to him and he started giggling. "It's weird how you all call him Chris but he told me to call him Chan. I think Chan sounds nicer. It just rolls of my tongue smoothly. You know, as if I've been saying it for a long time"

'Oh you have' is what Hyunjin wanted to say but he asked, "Why do you like him anyway? You two don't really know each other much"

Felix took another sip of his beverage then sighed. "I don't really know. It baffles me too. I mean, our encounters have been weird. The first time, he saved me from what would have been one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. I tripped on a stone at the site and nearly landed on my butt. He caught me before I fell and to be honest, even though I didn't see his face, that's where it started. I could feel it. Like some sort of strong pull towards him"

Don't forget to vote pls😊