Chapter 123

"Why are you acting like this?" Felix asked, feeling angry and frustrated. He dropped his fork on the plate and glared at Jeongin. "You're supposed to be my friend. How can you retain such important information from me?"

"I'm being a friend by retaining the information Felix" Jeongin replied. "Of what use will it even be to you? Seriously, let's straighten things out. Aera, Rose and Lisa are already gone. Jisung is too. What's the use of knowing how they died or who killed them? Of what benefit will it be to you? Why do need to know the past so bad? I've told you that it'll only bring you pain. It'll confuse you and make your relationship with all of us much worse. Do you really want that?"

Felix scoffed, not believing Jeongin at all. He knew Jeongin well enough. If Jeongin was desperately trying to keep information from him, it only meant he was hiding something. Something really bad.

He cast Jeongin a suspicious glance. "Dude, come clean. What are you hiding?"

Jeongin instantly paled. Was he that easy to read?

Felix smirked. "I don't know why you're surprised. We've been friends for years now man. I know you well enough to know you're hiding something."

"W-What are you saying?" Jeongin asked nervously. A bead of sweat ran down the side of his head. "Why will I hide something from you?"

"I don't know either" Felix answered. He placed his elbows on the table and gazed at Jeongin, narrowing his eyes. "But you're obviously hiding something and it seems that me knowing about it scares you a lot. What could it be Jeongin? Just tell me. It can't possibly ruin our friendship."

But it could.

In fact, it would.

Jeongin gulped, hard. If only he knew where Felix had hidden the things he had against him, he would have destroyed them long ago and Felix would have nothing against him anymore.

This was the main reason he remained friends with Felix all these years.

After Felix had lost his memories, he could have taken his son and disappeared just the way Jisung did but he couldn't because Felix still had incriminating evidence against him.

He was sure of it.

Back then, Felix said he destroyed it all but Jeongin didn't believe it. The old Felix would never destroy it because he knew not to trust Jeongin easily. Those evidence he had compiled were the only things that could keep Jeongin down.

It angered Jeongin to no end. He felt like a dog with a heavy leash on it's neck. Unable to go anywhere but follow the amnesiac friend of his like some dummy. He had tried to fish information out of Felix but Felix had forgotten everything.

Chan was right. Jeongin was only sticking to Felix because of the evidence not because he wanted them to remain friends. The evidence was above all else.

Who cared if Felix was the only friend he had left? Who cared to remain friends with an amnesiac person who became a goody two shoes? All he wanted was the information held against him but he couldn't find it for five years.

The Old Lee mansion was off limits and Chan had people watching. He couldn't even go near the place without anyone alerting Chan. He had tried once before, after Felix was announced dead to world. Chan caught him and beat the living daylights out of him. Since then, he just stuck to Felix, hoping he would come upon it and destroy it.

Felix had everything his past entailed. The women he had drugged, the ones he took advantage of, the ones he blackmailed into sending him nudes, the ones he bullied.

Everything that made him a monster was with Felix.

If they got out, he would surely spend the rest of his life in prison. He would never get to see JJ or Seungmin again.

That was what he was most afraid of.

"Hey, I'm talking to you" Felix said, snapping his fingers in front of Jeongin's face.

Jeongin blinked, the sound breaking his thoughts. "W-What?"

Felix sighed. "Jeez you look like you've seen a ghost. What were you thinking about?"

"Nothing important" Jeongin answered. "Please, don't ask me any more Felix. Let's just enjoy our lunch and I'll drop you back home. If you really want to know everything, get back with Chris and make him tell you okay? I really don't want to talk about it."

Besides, if Felix remembered, he most definitely would not destroy everything he had against Jeongin. In fact, he would get justice for those girls he had abused. He knew Felix well enough.

Felix sighed heavily. He knew Jeongin would not answer any more of his questions so he decided not to push it. He had only gotten one answer from Jeongin's reaction which was that Jeongin was hiding something.

Well, he would surely find out what it was.

"Fine" he answered. "I won't disturb you anymore."

They continued to eat.

At that moment, the restaurant large double doors opened and a pink haired man in a wheel chair was wheeled in by a dark haired man of average height. Felix and Jeongin were seated in a position where they could see anyone who came in.

Felix was surprised to see his cousin with a stranger but was happy nonetheless. He smiled and raised a hand, about to wave and call them over when Jeongin suddenly slammed his hand down.

"Dude what the hell!" Felix groaned in pain. "Are you insane?!"

"Keep your fucking voice down!" Jeongin whispered harshly.

Felix was shocked at Jeongin's behaviour. He yanked his hand away, rubbing the sore spots. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Jeongin turned to find Jimin and the dark haired man talking to a waiter. It seemed that they hadn't noticed Felix. After they exchanged a few words, the waiter led them upstairs, into the VIP section of the restaurant.

"Fuck that was close." he breathed.

"What was close?" Felix asked, confused. "You just stopped me from calling Jimin hyung. What the fuck is wrong with you today?"

Jeongin shook his head. "Dude you won't understand. I just stopped you from making the worst mistake of your life."

Felix didn't get what was going on at all. "What do you mean?"

"That man, the one with Jimin hyung, you didn't recognise him at all?"

Felix recalled the man but he didn't recognise him. He shook his head. "Am I supposed to?"

"Well, considering your memory loss, I guess not" he answered. "But seeing the man didn't jog your memory at all? You don't feel like you've seen him before?"

Felix shook his head. "Dude who is he? Is he dangerous? Should I go get Jimin hyung?"

He made  a move to stand up but Jeongin yanked him back down. He cursed inwardly. First it was Felix's barrage of questions and now it was this man. "Listen Felix," he said. "You must never let that man see you. He must never know that you're alive."

"What are you saying?" Felix asked, alarmed. Did that man know him before his fake death? "Dude you're scaring me."

"Oh you should be more than scared" Jeongin said. He stared Felix in the eyes, his expression dead serious, his voice grave. "Because that man is Chris's father. He's the man who wanted to take our lives."

Don't forget to vote pls 😁