Chapter 102: Elder Belitsky

Maximilian stood on the airstrip, observing his jet touch down - a week before Christmas, Konstantin Anton Belitsky had finally arrived in Chicago, albeit a week later than originally planned. As the air hostess opened the jet's door, Konstantin, the ever-charmer, bestowed kisses on the hands of all three air hostesses. Maximilian chuckled, recognizing the familiar charm oozed on women shared by his grandfather and Victor.

Konstantin Belitsky ten stepped down, his eyes meeting his grandson's before opening his arms. Maximilian smiled, approaching his dedushka (grandfather) for a warm hug. His imposing grandfather, slightly bent with age, required Maximilian to crouch down just an inch or two. In Russian, Maximilian greeted, "Dobroye utro, dedushka. nadeyus, u vas byl comforte perelet." (Good morning, grandfather. I hope you had a comfortable flight)

Konstantin patted his grandson's back as they walked towards the waiting car. "Au! dajeh nay bylo oshchushchenia poleta. u menia byla prekrasnaya company, maksym" (Oh! Didn't even feel like a flight. I had beautiful company, Maxim)

Maximilian chuckled, "Nou, ya bolsze sprashival pro sam pollet yi pogodu. vie lubom sluchae, ya rad, chto vam bylo comforter." (Well, I was more asking about the flight itself and the weather. Either way, I'm glad you were comfortable)

Konstantin laughed as Maximilian opened the car door, helping him settle into the back seat. On the other side, George had already opened Maximilian's door. As George took his place, he turned to Konstantin, "Greetings, Mr. Belitsky. It's really good to see you back in Chicago, sir."

"Ah, George," replied Konstantin. "Good to see you too, young man. Take me home."

"Yes, sir," George responded, and they began their journey toward the Romanov mansion.

As their conversation meandered from Konstantin's health to his latest project and Labyrinth, the elderly man turned to his grandson with a question, tinged with a hint of mischief, "Ithac, moya devushka zhdet menia doma?" (So, is my girl waiting at home for me?)

Maximilian, puzzled, responded, "Tvoya devochka?" (Your girl?)

Konstantin's smirk grew wider. "Konieczno, moya devochka. ona zdes, gotova lee ona privetstvovat menia?" (Of course, my girl. Is she there, ready to welcome me?)

Maximilian's expression hardened, his brows knitting together as he faced his grandfather, a stern edge to his voice, "Ona nay tvoya devochka. esli the posmees flirtovat s ney, dedushka, ya boudou..." (She is not your girl. If you dare flirt with her, Grandfather, I am going to...), his threat trailed off, leaving an ominous silence.

Konstantin, unphased, pressed him, "Chto the budes delat, maksym? ubei menia? zapretiti mne vkhodit vie svoy dome? chto eto budet?" (You're going to do what, Maxim? Kill me? Ban me from your house? What's it going to be?)

Maximilian inhaled sharply, the tension palpable. After a moment, he declared, "Ya nay podpushchu tebya ni k svoye doceri, ni k budushchim detyam. vy nay mozhete prosto..." (I won't let you near my daughter or any future children. You can't just...)

"Vy nay mozhete pomeshat mne uvidet moich sobstvennykh pravnukov" (You can't stop me from seeing my own great-grandchildren), Konstantin interrupted, scoffing at the notion. "And remember, I could take this to court. But let's not dwell on that. I understand you're worried because of Monalisa. Don't fret, I wouldn't dream of repeating that with Seher. Besides, we both know she wouldn't be averse to the idea once she meets me. But as your grandfather, who loves you, if you truly cherish this girl, I'll step back."

Maximilian could only roll his eyes at the concession, a silent acknowledgment of his grandfather's persistent charm. Yet, Konstantin couldn't resist adding, "Noh nikakikh obeshchany. esli ona thuck krasiva, kak the govorish, ya, vozmozhno, nay smogu sebya counterster" (No promises, though. If she's as beautiful as you say, I might not be able to control myself), he said, patting Maximilian's back in mock consolation.