Chapter 38: Brewing Chaos

The serene atmosphere was interrupted by the familiar ring of Daniel's phone. Gently lowering both children to the ground, he stood up and retrieved his phone from the inner pocket of his blazer. As expected, it was Sarah calling. He sighed, well aware that her questions would revolve around the abrupt change in his routine for the day. Excusing himself, Daniel answered the phone, "Good morning, Sarah."

"Good morning, Mr. Mitchell." There was a brief pause before Sarah inquired, "Are you coming to the office today, sir?" Daniel held a deep admiration for this woman. Their boss-secretary dynamic had endured through years of on-and-off interactions. While they functioned seamlessly together, Sarah epitomized professionalism. Despite her extensive knowledge of his life, she maintained an unyielding composure, resembling more of a well-programmed machine. Yet, beneath her professional exterior, she subtly asserted her independence, a quality that garnered Daniel's utmost respect. She followed his directives diligently but made it clear she wouldn't be a doormat, a trait he valued immensely. Despite numerous attempts, Daniel found himself unable to imagine functioning professionally without Sarah. To secure her continued presence in his company, he even went so far as to employ her husband. Lost in these thoughts, Daniel refocused as Sarah's voice reached him through the phone.

"Ah, yes, I can hear you, Sarah. I'll be coming to the office; I'll be there in about an hour or so," he assured. Sarah promptly responded, "Alright, sir. I'll adjust your schedule accordingly." She then proceeded to share crucial information. "The CEO of Labyrinth Hospitality is expected to attend a techno conference in Germany next week. Although we haven't secured an appointment, there's buzz that he's scouting for a technological company for his upcoming resort branches in Vegas. If you're open to it, you can go there, present Mitchell Technologies, and catch his attention for potential consideration in his Chicago projects."

Daniel huffed in annoyance, realizing that reaching the elusive CEO was becoming increasingly challenging. While he didn't necessarily need the man, the first rule of business dictated that stagnation equaled decline, and Daniel refused to let Mitchell Technologies languish. In the dynamic world of technology, constant expansion was imperative. The person he sought was at the pinnacle of the hospitality industry, not just in America but globally, rising to power exponentially. Daniel understood the significance of having this influential figure on his side, even if the task of securing a meeting proved formidable.

The man, shrouded in mystery, maintained an elusive online presence. No pictures, no personal information-only details about his business holdings and his brother's. Even paparazzi couldn't breach his privacy. Despite the rumors surrounding the man, Daniel questioned whether the effort to collaborate was worthwhile. Yet, the CEO's expanding empire hinted at potential partnerships in airlines or hospitals, sectors where extensive technology was crucial. Daniel coveted those contracts, envisioning Mitchell Technologies standing alongside Labyrinth Hospitality at the pinnacle of their respective industries.

Therefore, Daniel contemplated an alternative approach. The CEO's participation in a techno conference provided an opportunity to sidestep the usual channels. While Daniel acknowledged the bittersweet nature of this endeavor, he recognized the necessity of catching the CEO's attention. Convinced that once the CEO understood Mitchell Technologies' capabilities and success story, he would be the preferred choice for upcoming projects, Daniel embraced the plan. The techno conference aligned perfectly with his expertise, offering a chance to make a lasting impression.

"Sarah, make arrangements for my trip to Germany and ensure you accompany me. Let Nicholas and Pamela know they'll be joining us. I need detailed presentations from them, and have them register us for the Techno Conference. If any issues arise, use my name or direct them to me. I must be able to present, ideally when Mr. Romanov is there."