Chapter 117

Yes, snakes really didn't make good connectors. Wu Xie thought as he stared at a bird flying in the direction of the highest mountain peak in this very curve. While there was a path of snakes connecting the two different main corridors – the female statue had been holding something orb like in her hands. Considering the erosion at that place, and not really being able to take a proper look it could have been a bird.

And he was already suspecting there to be a male statue on their exit point. It would only make sense to follow the messenger to find the other statue.

There must be some history hidden here. Wu Xie wanted to find out as much about it as possible. What he knew now, painted a picture of a very powerful women – the leader of her own empire, if the inscription was to be believed building a whatever the original, intended purpose had been huge lovers knot temple thing.

Knowing the male even had the power to stay so far away from her, he musn't have been a nameless figure either. Otherwise he wouldn't really had a choice in the matter. But then again it seemed weird. Wouldn't a marriage between two powerful people be a good thing during those times?

Would they really stay away from each other if there wasn't something else Wu Xie was missing? He just didn't have nearly enough information.

Well, the only thing he could do was explore more, and try to find more information. "Let's go." Wu Xie said while slowly rising up to his feet again – stretching. He could see Qiling picking up the carabineer and rope he had detached earlier.

"Do you really plan on checking every door?" Fatty complained.

Making Wu Xie laugh: "So, you missed it too". He only wasn't so sure about Qiling. From all he knew about him, he should have noticed it much sooner. He had long noticed his friends' tendency to play along and let him, well play around – for not knowing a better phrase for it – inside the tombs.

Qiling wouldn't just show him the right path, and Wu Xie was sometimes thankful for that – but other times really annoyed or frustrated. He knew that he almost always had fun figuring stuff out by himself. And as far as Wu Xie could tell Qiling was content with just watching over them.

The only times he showed them the right way was when Qiling considered them to be in actual danger – or didn't have much time. And Wu Xie knew that it needed a lot for Qiling to think they were in danger.

The only times Wu Xie had seen him act it was only to them out when they were dealing with a blood zombie or a see monkey. He had caught Wu Xie several times when he had been falling, or was about to.

Considering all that, and that they must be very close to the exit door from what Wu Xie could tell – Qiling had already found the door and had left them here to figure it out while he dealt with those, ... while he dealt with something else, making sure they were save.

Now, it was time to examine the walls here. Wu Xie stretched one more time. Knowing his and Fattys luck they could have been leaning onto the right hidden door this whole time without discovering it.

"It's the birds." Wu Xie said to Fatty. "If we follow the birds we will find the right door." How easy it must have been for the people who knew how to navigate this place to find their way to the exits.