Chapter 9

"Now have you or haven't you seen Zhang, because he is obviously not here." This end to his daydream really soured Wu Xi's mood. With out Fatty it would have been way more satisfying.

"He left earlier when we discussed the temple entrance." Fatty answered more serious, this time, having sensed Wu Xis mood swing.

"I know, I saw him leave. Anything since then?" He mumbled, knowing it would give Fatty another opportunity to tease him.

"No - don't worry though - I know you will spot him as soon as he returns and I'm sure he will stay with us during the night." It was Fatty's first reply again more serios. Wu Xi was rather surprised, normally Fatty would nerver let an opportunity go like this.

"But geez Wu Xi, when you're working you always manage to block the whole world, but your lovely mute friend just has to move in your periphery and you immediately notice. This only proves that you are seriously selective." And Fatty also didn't let the opportunity go, but he was more gentle with Wu Xi this time.

"If you'd rather have me dreaming of kissing you and falling asleep in your arms." Wu Xi pulled an eye brow up, still grumbling. He was definitely trying to chase Fatty away from this topic. Both already knew Fatty was straight, and Wu Xi at least in his own mind belonged only to Zhang.

"That is definitely not what I meant."

"Well then, Lucky me." Wu Xi groaned. "I promise to be on the look out for a girl for you, so at least one of us won't be a bachelor until death."

Wu Xi would stay like this - dreaming about Zhang until he died. What ever happened. To him this was an unshakable truth. He just hoped he could stay around Zhang for as long as possible. Every second would be worth it.

"My can you be more melodramatic; you'll never know maybe you will someday have someone who won't ever let you go." Fatty really tried to cheer him up even a little bit.

"Only Zhang and only in my dreams" Wu Xi's mood was hopeless. Though he was really happy having his dreams - when they were not ruined by a Fatty watching over them. He had given up on any other love life. Wu Xi showed a slight self mocking smile.

"This negativity, watch it or it will rub off on me." Fatty gently pated him. Trying to cheer him up with banter. Wu Xi answered dutifully.

"You know that I have every reason to be melodramatic - as you call it – about my love live. I am forever dammed to only dream about him."

He purposefully exaggerated not really in the mood to play right now. He'd rather ponder over his feelings and find an opportunity to spend more time with Zhang.

Yet his head remained empty of good ideas. A simple conversation would probably turn into a monologue. He had hoped to be able to tell Zhang the history that was written in stone but he already knew the gist of it by now, so it didn't make any sense either.

What to do? What to do?