Chapter 33

Wu Xi and Fatty had no problem to reach Zhang and return to camp.

Only to have uncle three waiting for him – well for them for that matter.

Wu Xi could see from the distance that even though his uncle seemed to be relaxed, he was not.

"We're back uncle three", Wu Xi walked to his uncle overtaking both Zhang and Fatty before he came to a halt – grinning. Of course, he knew that his uncle was displeased with him leaving like that – but what could he do about it after it had already happened.

"You, for once shouldn't have even left, Wu Xi. We had a deal, do you still remember it or do you empty your brain when ever you feel like forgetting. Eh?"

Oh, yeah, his uncle really wasn't in a good mood, again. By now Wu Xi already knew how to decipher his uncle moods. He was basically scolding him for being careless. Those mercenaries they were traveling with – his uncle really doesn't trust them one bit. And Wu Xi could understand.

"But I didn't." He complained. Really still knowing his promises.

It seemed like both Fatty and Zhang knew better than to disrupt them. It was a family matter anyway, Fatty once had made this mistake – in the end both Wu Xi and uncle three had been upset about it.

"Oh, so you still remember."

"Of course, I'm not that dumb." Wu Xi replied, displeased. He might feign ignorance, once in a while – ok with his uncle more often – but did he have to push it like this in front of others? In front of Zhang non the less?

After he notices his uncle staring expectedly at him, Wu Xi rolled his eyes. Is he really serious? Slightly annoyed he repeated his promises.

"You made me promise to not move about alone, and to listen to you."

Wu Xi could see Pan Zi approach them in his periphery, but didn't deem it important at the moment. He would most likely wait, like the others.

"And" Wu Xi, now crossing his arms looked at his uncle, "I kept them."

"Oh, how did you should rest suddenly become explore the ruins?"

Well, it was his own fault. If he hadn't learned from his uncle he probably would have become a well behaved person. But with his uncle around he would never have reached anything, when he didn't keep being on his toes.

"That's unfair." He complained slightly whining "You know well that listen and do are different."

Which suddenly made Pan Zi burst out in laughter. Wu Xi could even hear Fatty chuckle but there seemed to be no reaction from Zhang.

"You are truly kin." Pan Zi said. "You may accuse Wu Xi of anything but not learning from you.", he told uncle three. He still seemed displeased. But this matter was solved, and they both knew it. Anything more would only have them repeat their endless discussion, which would only end up with both of them dragging old stories to light that neither of them where truly comfortable with.

"Fine – What did you find in the ruins?"