Chapter 96

"Why don't we stop this for a moment, and stat from the beginning." Wu Xie suggested. If the explanations went on like it was now, he could already feel a migraine coming. How should he understand the effects of that poison – not poison.

Well, Substance was likely a fitting word. Though you could probably call everything you would call 'thing' a substance.

"Qiling, can you tell me the effect the substance currently has on us."

Wu Xie had never expected that his Sentence would make him smile. And not only that he looked really happy at the moment – it was even overshadowing the relive that was visible on his face.

What had he done that made him smile like that? If he only knew, understood that reaction he would try to do it more often. Even if only to make those beautiful lips curve upwards and see his eyes soften.

"Yes" Qiling said. And to Wu Xie it almost looked like he was delighted. He could see his lips twitching again for a moment before he went on.

"It makes us more talkative and speak the truth according to our memory."

"Again that memory thing. Why is that so important?" Fatty grumped.

"It's called the 'Temple of Truth' but it is not about universal truths. It is a very subjective truth, you would say what you believe to be the truth, according to what you or your body can 'remember'. Think of this mist as a watered down version of those truth drops that were in one of the stories you told me about Fatty."

Just for a moment Wu Xie could sweare that he could see annoyance flitter across Qilings face.

"Woah, you know I'm just spouting off at you. To try to keep at least some semblance of conversation going. I never really expected that you would actually listen." That was obviously Fatty. Sometimes talking just for the heck of it and then he was actually surprised that someone listened to his most current rant about the stories.

Because of that alone Wu Xie now knew more about several novels, manga's and series than he should as someone who had never seen that stuff. But even when he wasn't as invested in those stories it was enough for him that Fatty was.

"I do listen" Qilings reaction almost seemed somewhat defensive. Wu Xie noticed his lips twitching again as his eyes wandered around them. He only looked away after he meet Qilings eyes for a moment and he stared at him before his eyes later must have traveled away from him again.

"Sometimes" The face Qiling made after saying this was hilarious.

It looked like a cat that had just spit out a hairball and now didn't know what to do with it. And even though that expression lasted maybe a second or to it was more than enough to make Wu Xie giggle.

He had never seen him making that kind of face before.

And he was still laughing when Qiling finally added. "when nothing more important holds my attention." Again slightly pulling a face.