Chapter 18

And he made it there without any problems.

He wasn't that skinny; he did have some muscles. He probably just wasn't as trained as the other members of this group. Wu Xi already knew that he was the weakest part, the youngest, but that surely didn't mean that he wasn't able to take care of himself. To be taken feeble enough, that he would dry up if not taken care of, how mean.

Wu Xi stumped over to the site his uncle had apparently chosen for the camp. They hadn't made it far yet, it was currently just a gathering of the group, with his uncle and Panzi in the middle of it. He saw how Panzi leaned down to whisper something to uncle three when he noticed them approaching. Uncle three only nodded it off and went on.

Wu Xi had to get closer to hear that he was currently giving jobs to the people to build up camp. The first group tasked with finding a water source has just been sent away. Panzi job was to bouild a decent campfire and take care of the meal. Most the group Wu Xi didn't really know should build the tents.

Everyone left to do what their were told to - until it was only them and his uncle.

"Pang Zi and Zhang scout the ruins, the entrance has to be here somewhere?"

That's what I wanted to do. But Wu Xi didn't complain, maybe his uncle had already found something he wanted his opinion on now. He just stood there and stared after his friends.

About halfway to the rumble Zhang turned and looked back, right at him. Probably also wondering what he is going to do. He just stood there watching until Fatty said something to him and gave him a slight push towards the place that looks like the main part of the collapsed temple.

He would have loved to go with them. Exploring a collapsed temple, there just had to be several interesting places to find.

Yearning to follow he waited until both of them disappeared into the rumble field of half collapsed walls.

Only then did Wu Xi manage to pry his eyes away and look at his uncle in anticipation.

"What is my job?"

Making his uncle stare at him, knitting his brows.

"You stay here and rest."

Mean, how could he give Fatty and Zhang the most fun job and tell him to stay back.

"Then I can just follow Zhang and Fatty."

Before Wu Xi could even turn into the direction his friends had disappeared into, he felt his uncles' hand on his back.

"You stay here and rest." He told him, showing that he was serious.

"That is not fair at all, why do they get to have all the fun? I want to go too."

"You can, tomorrow. Just rest up."

Why, why was he the only one who had to stay back. Don't carry your own backpack, here drink otherwise you will dry up. Does everyone really think him so weak?

"Sure" he grumbled. "Everyone else gets to have fun but I should wait."

"You're family, I don't care much about the rest."

Like this he pressured Wu Xi into findinghimself a semi decent place to rest and even kept an eye on him after he lieddown, using his jacket as a cushion replacement.