Chapter 92

"There's poison in the mist here so, were all poisoned. Don't worry isn't really dangerous dosage, or something." Fatty suddenly pointed the flashlight directly at Qiling. "He's gonna explain, later – when he wants to. I'm not good at that stuff and as it's now, I probably can't explain in an understandable way. Anyway"

Fatty took a deep breath and seemed to try to concentrate on something "I am going to stop talking now."

Wu Xie could hear him murmuring a bit longer as if he was humming whatever he wanted to say. He could still hear it when he was already looking at Qiling expecting, hoping for an answer. Or at least a better explanation than the we are all poisoned but don't worry it's not killing us just yet.

Qiling just looked at him, his dark eyes seemed almost soft in the light of the flashlight now pointed at them.

"You're save"

Qiling just said. Again, this time almost silent as if he was only repeating it to himself. "You're save"

"I'll explain later – soon. This is more important."

Then Qiling took his wrist again, handling it in a way Wu Xie didn't pay much attention to at the moment. His mind still stuck on the poison part of their conversation. Qilings words to Fatty – try to be quiet, the poison is getting to you again.

Before, well more outside this cave, Qiling had never been much of a talker. Never really speaking unless asked and even then only reluctantly and never repeatedly.

Wu Xie knew that Qiling actually talking to them was more of a favor to people he, so he hoped at least, considered as his friends. The repetition of him saying – you're save – was just odd unless. – the poison is getting to you again, Qilings words echoed in his minds.

It shouldn't be. His blood should give him a natural resistance to poisons. But hearing Qiling mumble it now, again – and again. He too must feel the effects of that poison.

"A- Ahh" He wanted to question him. Ask if everything was really all right. Or if the repetitious – you're save – was more of a repeated to try and convince himself, delude really that they were save with the poison, the mercenaries and the snakes.

But out came only a small whimper as he felt something cold ghost over the wounded part of his hand. Cold wet.

When Wu Xie finally really looked what Qiling was doing he could see a dripping wet compress in his other hand.

"I'm sorry. I'll be more gentle."

Wu Xie heard Qilings voice. Saw how he expertly took the wet compress and almost only petted it against his hand.

Cleaning, Wu Xie noticed befuddled. Qiling was cleaning the wound on his hand. Wu Xie looked back up to see his face. Watched as Qiling stared concentrated at his hand working on cleaning the wound like it was some especially tricky trap to disarm and he didn't dare make a mistake.

"It's fine." Wu Xie whispered. "I mean you didn't hurt me – I was just surprised. - Yes, surprised."

"Been stuck in my mind" more quiet than before. "didn't notice you – were."

He could feel himself blushing under the attention Qiling was giving to just cleaning a deeper scrape on his hand.

"That's not nessesary." Wu Xie almost cried out. "just put some band-aid on it, it's gonna be fine."