Chapter 20

"And you shouldn't have left me behind." Wu Xi huffed, more pouting than angry.

He could see Zhang slightly slanting his head, his eyes scanning Wu Xi face. Knowing that he can't withstand those eyes Wu Xi looked away. Feeling the slight heat that always came with his gaze; he felt to embarrassed to stare back.

Wu Xi didn't really know what to do now. He knew that he wouldn't be able to escape from Zhang if needed so he had to wait for Zhang to decide. He would have loved to pure out his anger about being left behind like this but was afraid that he would think him too childish.

"You are feeling hurt? I'm sorry."

Zhang said, interrupting Wu Xis internal conflicted, about what he should do or say next.

"Would you rest if I stayed with you?"

Now Wu Xi could feel his cheeks burning and his heart beating faster. He stood there stunned, shocked about Zhangs proposal. But Zhang just stood there waiting for an answer.

Wu Xi turned his head away. He couldn't keep staring at him. Awkward, his inner voice cried out. And he rubbed his neck, a habit when ever he didn't know what to do.

Zhang had managed to put this picture into his head, of him cradling him in his arms, holding him until he fell asleep. And Wu Xi could feel his cheeks burning. He knew that right now he had a clearly visible red tinge on his face.

But he knew that Zhang hadn't meant it like he had just pictured and wished it. Actually knowing Zhang would be around – only to be there for him, while he tried to rest for a bit would probably mean that Wu Xi wouldn't be able to even close his eyes.

He would be lying there his heart beating so fast it nearly jumped out of his chest. His back turned toward Zhang to keep him from noticing. And his imagination would spit out one scenario after another how he would end up nestled into Zhangs arms, kissing him.

Wu Xi cleared his throat. "I already tried resting, it's no use."

His voice obviously rougher than normal. But Wu Xi was already relived, that he made it without his voice breaking.

He had lied down with his eyes closed, that was really enough trying for him, after all he didn't fall asleep during that time. Even if his head had been occupied with the collapsed structure. This had been enough trying to rest for him.

And now, how could Zhang even believe that he would be able to rest after this. Wu Xi still couldn't look at Zhang, who had stood up and moved more into Wu Xis view, only making him turn his head even more.

None, of them had interrupted the silence as of now. This just made Wu Xi want to fidget around. What if Zhang had noticed that something was of, and now tried to find out, what it was? If this went on, he wouldn't be able to suppress this need to occupy himself with something, anything no more.

It was just about that moment when Zhang suddenly talked.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Sorry for the reupload, the last version of chapter 20 just didn't feel right so I have rewritten it.

The next chapter will be uploaded either later today or tomorrow.