Chapter 114

While taking his bottle from his backpack Wu Xie couldn't help but notice again just how comfortable the bandage Qiling made was. It didn't bother him at all while drinking, well other that the white thing he could see from the corner of his eye that was slightly irritating.

"So two different ages." Fatty said. "The empire that build it – and the people who build it again after its destruction. The dangerous stuff is from the empire and the sealing and chaining formations form the people afterwards."

Wu Xie confirmed. Thinking if the water in his bottle could wake him up more. But the resource water itself, was too precious. At least clean water – that wouldn't have any side effects. Of it was about pure survival he was sure he could find some water considering this mist was collected.

But well, a break once every now and then was nice.

It was then that Wu XIe could hear stone moving. One of the hidden doors must have been opened. But the sound was so quiet, that it shouldn't be the closest door to them.

But even if it wasn't – Wu Xie and Fatty silently stared at each other, agreeing that - it was better to be careful rather than ignorant. Fatty even raised his finger to his lips, making the typical 'shhhh' symbol while fumbling for a weapon.

But they couldn't even hear something as much as food steps. Neither that nor people talking.

"Hoi, could that have been Qiling?", Fatty said in a tone that Wu Xie would describe as a loud stage whisper.

"Could be." Wu Xie agreed, but didn't feel quite well with it. "I'd rather hide from nothing, then to push my luck." If it was something else or someone else Wu Xie would be screwed. Pan Zi could still be fine – but he would surely be with Wu Xies uncle. And that man – well, he would probably do something just to make Wu Xie remember to be more careful.

"scaredy-cat", Fatty jabbed at him. But both of them knew that it was a word that could easily describe every tomb robber. At least every surviving one. Angst is telling you where you should stay away from, if you don't listen you'd end up dead even before actually finding a coffin.

With that in mind Wu Xie gave Fatty only an eye rolle. "I prefer being alive – now if you want to go and take a look. I'm not stopping you. But you don't get to tell me again, that I should have stayed with you."

If Fatty hab been within his reach Wu Xie would have given him a slight shove in the direction the sound had been coming from but like this, he only pointed into that direction for a short moment.

And that was just when they could hear another of those stone door open.

They were giving each other a look again. Agreeing that they rather stay silent and not say anything or even move – when they could hear someone walking through this corridor. And that someone definitely wasn't Qiling. The steps were just too loud and, as Wu Xie noticed to quick.

This Wu Xie though, was how one exhausted man would sound like that was stumbling away for his life.