Chapter 32

As long as he said it was a thing of like or dislike Zhang shouldn't question it too much. Wu Xi knew that he wasn't entirely truth full, but he didn't feel like confessing that he didn't like being alone, without his friends. That it always made him feel anxious, when he was at a place he didn't know alone. That he needed something to put his mind at ease.

"But you're still waiting for him."

Because Wu Xi was staring at anything but, Zhang - he missed a ghost of a smile that had traveled along his lips.

"I don't leave my friends behind" Wu Xi harrumphed. "He should catch up any time now."

And just like Pang Zi had waited for him to say that he came running and only stopped when he was beside Wu Xi.

"Hey, Tian Zhen. How come I am the traitor? Zhang also left. And so did you. You know you shouldn't move out and about alone. But you just disappeared on us."

Wu Xi rolled his eyes, as if he wasn't able to survive on his own for a bit. Sure, he didn't like it but not liking and not being able to do something were two entirely different things. Fingers pointing wouldn't help Pang Zi out now.

But because Wu Xi remembered something happy, he wouldn't complain and argue with him. He genuinely smiled at Fatty.

"Who, said I was out on my own? Zhang was with me the whole time"

He only wasn't sure if Zhang had returned for him, or if he had met him by chance. Wu Xi grinned at Fatty.

"Traitor" Wu Xi repeated, only barely not sticking his tongue out at Fatty. He had definitely won this one.

Only to have Fatty look at Zhang for confirmation. Wu Xi also chose to look at him, not knowing why he hadn't confirmed immediately.

Wu Xi was surprised to see Zhang staring at him, his face almost like a blank sheet, unreadable. Even so Wu Xi thought, that Zhang looked somewhat worried about something. But he was the only person Wu Xi actually had no idea about what he was thinking, so he decided not to put to much thought into it. He had probably only imagined it.

"Zhang?" Wu Xi asked for his attention.

All of them were already used to Zhang disappearing into his own world, now and then. Wu Xi just wished he would tell them what was on his mind. But the last time he had tried, Zhang had only shaken his head and had given him a slight smile. His way of telling him not to worry about it.

Wu Xi waited for his reaction, hopeful that he would tell them what was on his mind.

He didn't. Zhang only gave a curt nod.

"We have done enough for today let's rest."

He said, before turning and walking back to camp.

Leaving both Wu Xi and Fatty behind to follow him.

"Of course, you're not mad at him" Fatty hissed in a low volume. "He bribed you, and when it comes to him you are absolutely corrupt."

"I know", Wu Xi smiled, and whispered so that it was impossible for others to understand what he said. "I just can't stay mad at him."

Seeing WX smile, and the slight glimmer in his eyes while they both watched Zhang leaving. Fatty had a pretty good idea what Wu Xi had been mumbling about.

"Come on – Let's keep up, or he is going to leave us behind."

That had shaken Wu Xi up enough so he together with Fatty ran after him.

"Hey, wait up"