Chapter 71

While making his way through to the hole in the floor, as one couldn't see the stairs that should have been there any more, he could understand why his uncle had decided that they should wait outside. As the actual Building outside of this little part had already collapsed he had to make his way through quite a bit of rubble.

Even climbing up and down – which was amazing considering the few steps that layed between him and the rope. While he finally moved again he noticed how the air was weirdly stuffy and damp.

He couldn't really expect a breeze of fresh air inside and underground temple, he said to himself, after finally reaching the rope.

It had been fixed around a huge stone. To Wu Xis relief there was a buffer layer between the stone and the rope. If that hadn't been there he would have worried that the edges of the stone could wear out and cut the rope after so many uses.

After calming his mind he sat down next to the rope, pulling the hand he had been leaning on for a just a moment away from the cold stone as fast as he could. He hadn't expected the stone to be this cold.

Again it shouldn't have surprised him, he told himself while fixing his gear to the rope leading down. He had experience in tombs, he shouldn't be astonished by how cold the stone here was.

After finishing up and checking his gear twice he turned his back to the hole. But before carefully sliding over the corner he called out to Zhang who had been waiting out side of, at least this little room, telling him that he was getting down now.

Like this he could go into the place being sure that he wouldn't be in his way.

Using his feet to stay away from the stone wall and his gear to slowly let himself down the rope. He was quite slow in the beginning making sure that everything runs smoothly before he got faster. He had to do everything a bit slower as he was working in darkness. He had put the flash light in one of his pockets as he had both of his hands on the rope and didn't want to carry the light between his teeth.

Everting was going well. Then one of his feet suddenly slipped down, away, crashing him face first sideways into the stone wall. Cursing he pulled the rope to a stop trying to use his other hand to protect his face from the stone.

In the darkness his hand slid along the rough stone for a moment, after it came to a stop – leaving his hand with a stinging pain. It felt like only after he cried out his heart suddenly started to beat like crazy. Telling him clearly that this had been dangerous and it had scared him for a moment.

He allowed himself to calm down, when he felt fine again, he would take a look at his hand, which was stinging like hell. Listening to the anxious, shocked two voices breaking through the darkness calling out to him.

After having caught himself enough to answer, he could already hear Fatty coming back. He called out to them.

"I'm fine." After taking another breath, he added what he could clearly feel from his hurting hand on the stone. "No one told me the damn wall is wet."

He would have to take a look at his hand before going down further. Wu Xi sight somewhat relived that he hadn't hit his head. Then he sent Fatty after his uncle again, the old man had his tenancies to disappear after all. After that, he waited until he was sure that he wouldn't accidentally drop the flash light from his shaking hands.