Chapter 115

A mercenary – Wu Xie was sure of that. He must also have been running away from the mayhem the rest of their group caused.

If he had been in any other tomb, he probably would have been dead already. The headless running away from something might just kill faster. Who knew what other things were still hidden inside this temple.

To Wu Xie's relive the mercenary had chased to walk further away from them. Leaving Fatty to sign to him – not speaking this time – if they should leave. Making Wu Xie shake his head. He knew that they couldn't move as silently as Qiling did.

And the sound could catch that man's attention. And then it depended – if he would run towards them, seeking the safety of a group or run away. And Wu Xie really didn't want to bet on him running away. Not even if and when that man was actually running from the rest of the group.

So, both of them where just waiting. Listening to the quieting sounds of the mans' steps when he could hear another stone door slide open.

If it went on like this, Wu Xie though, then they could throw a party here. But then again, it would probably end up being the next massacre fest.

– If the groves that transported the water would also transport blood?

Wu Xie wondered for just a moment, remembering haven read about mechanisms that work like that. Then he could feel a cold shudder down his back, unsure if he really wanted to know.

In the tunnel earlier he hadn't seen any groves in the floor – but there was a thick enough dirt layer to make them some snake protection and he hadn't checked if there was something underneath it. And now he wasn't sure if he wanted to.

Other than the running man – Wu Xie still heard no other steps, as the tunnel slide close again.

Could it be, Xiao- Qiling? Either that or someone with similar still in staying silent.

Shortly after – the running steps suddenly stopped running, it sounded like the mercenary must have stumbled and fallen down. Unconscious – unmoving, but again Wu Xie didn't want to check. Knowing fully well that there were other probabilities - more likely, to have happened.

And right now, he didn't want to think about it. But at least he was sure, that his friend wouldn't take a life lightly. Then Wu Xie could hear the sound of door again. Something, or someone was dragged through it, and then after it closed again silence followed.

And it stayed silent. Wu Xie didn't know for sure what exactly had happened but, with everything he heard he was pretty sure, he had gotten the right picture.

There was no need to confirm – and frankly he didn't want to. And he didn't want to ask Qiling either when he finally returned to them – whenever that was.

But it didn't take long for him to reappear. Breathing as if he had just sprinted through the whole path – holding a dead snake in his hands. Truly after being caught and dragged around, it looked more like a broken toy.

Wu Xie could see no a thing of the flying snake, while it hung like that. Boneless and broken.

"I killed some monsters." Qiling stated as he stepped closer. Trying to give answers without being questioned.

"And, there is a problem, I haven't seen the exit, the Y-crossing."