86

Minho waited impatiently for Jisung to come home from the studio, so he could show off his pretty skirt. To his surprise, Chan and Jisung arrived together although the Aussie left again almost immediately, dragging Hyunjin with him. The rapper was still out of breath when Minho threw himself into his mate’s arms. “DADA!!!! Wook, Minnie ish so pwetty”, the little squealed. Catching the younger around the waist, Jisung panted: “I can see that, lovely. My kitten got himself a pretty skirt and wow, you got fuzzy thigh highs too.” Minho nodded eagerly, nuzzling his face into the crook of Jisung’s neck. “Kitten, you need to be careful with your makeup”, the rapper reminded, “It looked like Hyunjin-hyung put quite a bit of work into your look, so you shouldn’t smear it so soon.” – “He made Min spawkle”, Minho breathed as he pulled away, squishing his cheeks while Jisung thought he’d combust from cuteness.

Twirling in his skirt, the little giggled: “Chu think Minnie shouwd weaw dis mowe often?” – “If you like it and you’re confident, then sure but you mustn’t be upset over people who are to dull to understand”, Jisung hummed, rubbing Minho’s ears, “I like it and I can tell you like it a lot but maybe you should wear it around me and our circle of friends.” – “Chu mean ma cwothes couwd be wike ma ears?”, the hybrid mumbled, thinking back to when he had accidentally revealed himself at his dance school, “Dat’s mean.” Jisung hadn’t wanted to phrase it like that but when Minho connected the pieces, he nodded, agreeing: “I absolutely adore your ears and tail but most people aren’t used to it and don’t want to get used to it either, so they instead choose to be mean and I don’t like people being mean to you.”

“We needs dance now”, Minho announced, fixing his skirt. Tightening his arms around the hybrid, Jisung reminded: “You’re still recovering kitten. The doctor said you mustn’t dance yet.” – “Buh-“, the little mumbled, bottom lip quivering as he looked at Jisung. Placing a gentle kiss on Minho’s forehead, the rapper whispered: “Kitten, I know you want to but your health comes first. We’ll find something else to do, ‘kay?” – “Buh Min teach Dada dance soon”, Minho insisted as he grabbed his mate’s wrist. Jisung nodded and smiled: “You can teach me soon but you’ll have to be very patient. Dada isn’t good at dancing at all.”

Fiddling with his fingers, Minho pouted: “Wha’ we do now?” Jisung shrugged, booping the other’s nose. “Maybe we could go buy some makeup for you to put on me. Dada wants to be pretty like his kitten too”, the rapper chuckled, making Minho gasp. Before Jisung knew what was happening, the little had already rushed off. Only when his caregiver mentioned it, did Minho remember the lip-gloss he had bought.

“Wook, Min gots chu something”, Minho stated proudly, holding up the lip-gloss, “They tasty!” Blushing bright red, Jisung praised: “They also look beautiful. Do you want to pick a shade and put it on me?” – “Me can?”, the little asked wide-eyed. When Jisung nodded, he studied the tubes closely, the tip of his tongue poking out between his lips. “Can you tell Dada how many you got?”, the rapper hummed, fighting back a chuckle when Minho announced: “Me gots two.” – “Are you sure? Why don’t you count them, kitten? I know you can count”, Jisung encouraged, the hybrid scratching his head. Placing down the lip-gloss tubes, Minho pointed at each of them with his finger and counted: “One, … two, … thwee. Thwee! Me gots thwee!” – “You do! Good job, kitten”, the rapper cheered, making his mate giggle.

“Hm, dis da one I’m weawing”, Minho hummed, pointing at one of the tubes, “Me wike it wots.” – “You do? Can I try it?”, Jisung asked. The little nodded enthusiastically already starting to open the tube when his mate’s lips met his. Smacking his lips, Jisung agreed: “You’re right, it’s really tasty.” Totally flustered by the sudden kiss, Minho only managed a high-pitched giggle, his hands clamped over his lips. “Aren’t you going to put it on me?”, the rapper teased when Minho remained frozen for a few seconds. Blushing, the hybrid opened the lip-gloss tube and tried to keep his hands from trembling or else he'd mess up his caregiver’s look.

Though he had struggled with his shaky hands, Minho successfully put lip-gloss on Jisung, earning himself loads of praises that made him blush like crazy. It didn’t occupy him for long though and the hybrid soon found himself bored once again, frustrated that Jisung wouldn’t allow him to dance. “Kitten, you’re still on antibiotics. It could make you dangerously sick for a very long time if you don’t  take it easy for a little longer”, the rapper tried to explain, already pulling out his phone to text the younger, “Why don’t you build a nest and I’ll see if maybe I can get a hold of Jeongin? Maybe the two of you could watch cartoons together.” – “I didn’t pway wif Innie fow ages”, Minho gasped, covering his glittering lips, “Chu tink Innie wike ma skiwt?” Hugging his mate, Jisung showed him the screen and smiled: “Why don’t you ask him? Him and Seungmin will be over in half an hour, so it’s time to get started on that nest, isn’t it? Where else would you watch your cartoons?”

Excited to finally have a task, Minho scampered off to collect some pillows and blankets to build a nest in the living room for him and Jeongin to play and cuddle in. “Dada! Min needs hewp”, the hybrid called from the hallway. He had tried to drag everything to the living room in one go but had to realize that it wasn’t and now he was stuck there with his hands full. ‘So much for taking it easy’, Jisung thought, shaking his head as he rushed to lend Minho a hand. That boy truly managed to exert himself on the calmest activities. Taking a bunch of blankets from Minho’s arms, the rapper chuckled: “I got you. Go ahead and place down the pillows on the carpet.” The little didn’t need to be told twice, already creating a circle on the living room floor. If they both worked together, they should have the nest set up in no time.

Minho was bouncing on his feet when he heard the door bell ring, impatiently waiting for Jisung to let their friends in. No sooner than the rapper had opened the door, Jeongin whizzed passed him, tackling Minho in a hug. The boy had slipped on the way to their apartment and couldn’t wait to see his fellow little again. It had been so long since they had hung out together, especially with Minho’s illness, so Jeongin was very eager to meet the other. “Missed chu sooooo mush”, Jeongin slurred, muffled into the crook of Minho’s neck. Tightening his arms around the other, the hybrid giggled: “Min miss chu too.” Not wanting to let go of his little friend, Minho kept his tail wrapped around Jeongin’s waist while Seungmin helped his mate take off his shoes.

“Woah, chu so pwetty”, Jeongin breathed, finally taking in Minho’s look as a whole. He hadn’t noticed the skirt before but now that he did, he couldn’t help a delighted giggle. Immediately growing shy, Minho fisted his hands in the fabric of his skirt and dug his toes into the floor. Jeongin looked at Seungmin, pouting: “Appa, Innie wan’ habe a skiwt too. Me be pwetty wike Min.” – “Min is really pretty, isn’t he? Skirts really suit you, Min. We can go shopping together but not today, Innie. I think right now, you’d rather play with Min, right?”, Seungmin hummed, resting his hand on Jeongin’s shoulder while Jisung whispered something to Minho. Jeongin nodded slightly, a little startled when Minho grabbed his hand and pulled him along, announcing: “Min put lip-gwoss on chu, so chu be pwetty wike Min an’ Dada.”

Giddy with excitement, Jeongin could barely sit still as he waited for Minho to put some lip-gloss on his lips. They couldn’t even decide which shade to use because they all had different flavors and all three smelled amazing. Watching their mates fondly, Jisung and Seungmin went to the kitchen to prepare some snacks for them before browsing the internet to do some online shopping for skirts, so they wouldn’t have to bear the awkwardness and tension of buying them in stores.

“Appa! Innie feew so pwetty”, Jeongin squealed, skidding to a halt in front of Seungmin. His favorite color had always been hot pink, so Minho had put the brightest pink lip-gloss on him and it tasted like raspberries, making it impossible for Jeongin to stop smacking his lips. Puckering his lips, the little urged: “Ish so tasty! Twy!” Seungmin chuckled but complied, pecking his mate’s lips and smiling at the flavor. “You’re right, Innie”, he whispered, “It’s really tasty but you’re right about something else too. You’re so pretty.”