82

We'll have weekly updates through November<3

After getting a generous dose of snuggles in, Felix eventually padded to Jisung's bedroom to shift back into his human form and borrow some clothes. When he returned, Minho wasn't sleeping peacefully like he had been when he had left him. Now, the little was whining as he squirmed on the couch, clumsily climbing on Jisung's lap. "The baby's thirsty", Felix announced, being the only one who could actually understand the other hybrid's meows. Changbin was quick to bring a small bowl filled with water but with the fever making his head feel weirdly light, Minho only managed to lap up a few sips before tripping over his own paws and falling face first into the water bowl. Jisung hurriedly picked him up, while Changbin placed the bowl onto the coffee table. Watching the younger try to comfort the shaken-up kitten, Changbin hummed: "Do you still have that bottle you used to feed him with when you first found him? Might make it easier to get some water into him." Jisung nodded quietly directing his hyung to the right kitchen drawer as he pulled the cuffs of his sleeves over his hands, carefully rubbing Minho's head dry without scrubbing his ears.

Felix took a seat next to the couple, purring softly to calm Minho down. When Changbin handed Jisung the bottle, Minho immediately reached up his paw and was quick to latch on when his mate held the teat to his lips. He eagerly suckled, his instincts taking over, distracting him from the pain in his throat. Jisung mumbled praises as he watched the little finish almost half of the water. Hopefully, it'd help with Minho's fever and headache. While Minho already curled back up in Jisung's lap, the other three looked up when they heard the front door click. Chan shot them a smile, hands too full to wave at them as he carried the takeout bags to the kitchen. Leaving them on the counter, he made his way over to Jisung and placed a small paper bag onto the coffee table. "Here's Min's medication. Again, I'm really sorry I let go of him earlier", Chan hummed, crouching in front of the couch to stroke Minho's fur. Shaking his head, Jisung breathed: "You couldn't have known he'd make a run for it, hyung. Thanks for filling his prescription." – "Sure thing. I got dinner for the rest of us, you tell me when you feel hungry enough for me to heat up some soup for you", the older smiled, motioning towards the kitchen, "Help yourself, guys." That was all Changbin and Felix needed to hear before they rushed to the kitchen to see what Chan had brought.

"And you, little one?", Chan chuckled when Minho lifted his head and yawned, "You gave us quite the scare, kitty." The hybrid innocently blinked at him before snuggling even closer to Jisung, who gave a hoarse laugh. Scratching his mate's ears, the rapper whispered: "You should go and eat something too, hyung." – "I will", Chan promised, ruffling his dongsaeng's hair, "Want me to get you another cup of tea first?" Feeling guilty for having been chasing the older around town all day, Jisung shook his head and picked Minho up, so he wouldn't get jostled too much while he adjusted his position. While his friends ate, the rapper stretched out on the couch and placed Minho on his tummy, lightly stroking his back before dozing off.

By the time Jisung woke up, needing to use the bathroom, Minho was deeply asleep on top of him. Chan was editing something on his laptop, one earphone in his ear, while Changbin and Felix quietly caught up now that the younger was finally free. "Guys?", Jisung rasped, trying to catch someone's attention, "Need to use the bathroom, could you take Min?" Felix gave him a smile, carefully gathering the other hybrid in his arms. The Aussie petted the sickly little, while Jisung got to his feet and shuffled to the bathroom.

The rapper had barely closed the door behind him when Minho startled awake, the sudden absence of his mate pulling him from his sleep. Eyes darting around the room, he squirmed in Felix arms, his throat too sore to call out for Jisung. "He'll be right back", Felix shushed, holding Minho a little tighter, so he wouldn't end up dropping him with how much he was squirming. His promise fell on deaf ears though as the other hybrid cried for his mate. Jisung's heart ached as he made his way back to the living room, hearing the painful whimpers. Making eye contact with Felix, the rapper rushed to take Minho back and pressed a soft kiss to the little's ear. Nuzzling his face into his mate's fur, Jisung breathed: "Dada's right here, kitten. I'm sorry, I just had to use the bathroom but I'm right here now." Minho dug his claws into the rapper's sweater to ensure he wouldn't leave again, which made the other wince. As Jisung settled back onto the couch, his sleeve moved up a little and Minho spotted the angry red scratches adorning the backs of his mate's hands. Remembering how he had fought earlier, Minho realized that he had been the one to hurt Jisung and instantly cried harder.

Panicking because he didn't know what had his mate so worked up, Jisung rocked the little in his arms and shushed him softly but it wasn't working in the slightest. "Your hands, Sung", Felix whispered, brows furrowing with worry. Glancing down at his scratched-up hands, Jisung muttered: "Oh. They don't hurt, Minnie. I didn't even notice and I know you didn't mean to. You were scared and it was my fault to snatching you like that. It's okay." As his scratchy voice grew fainter and fainter the longer he was talking, Jisung was glad how sensitive Minho's hybrid-hearing was because he knew the other had heard him anyway. Latching onto the rapper's sweater, Minho started to suckle, desperate to calm himself.

As Minho's heartrate slowed, he eventually became aware of his friend's voices around him. "Even when you're in the same room, it's like, you can't be more then a couple centimeters away", Chan frowned, still remembering how Minho had bothered Jisung while they were working because he wanted his mate's affection. Studying the pair, Changbin added: "How do you live with someone constantly clinging to you?" Minho's heart clenched as he retracted his claws, slowly letting go of Jisung's shirt. His suckling slowed till he eventually allowed the fabric to slip from his lips. "Hm, Minho's always been clingy", Jisung shrugged, feeling the little stiffen in his arms. Glancing up at the rapper with big sad eyes, Minho was about to get off the couch and head to the bedroom to curl up for another nap on his own because he knew he should give his mate some space if he didn't want his dada to grow tired of him. Tightening his arms around the hybrid, Jisung continued: "That's part of what I love about him. It's reassuring, you know. I always wonder, why me? Why would he love someone like me? Is he going to leave me as soon as someone better comes around? I still don't get why he'd want me but him showing me that he wants me, and only me, really helps with the anxiety and it shows me how much he loves me." Looking at the rapper with big eyes, Minho blinked at him really slowly, a scratchy purr rumbling in his chest.

"I really think you should have some dinner, Sung, so I'll heat up some soup for you, okay?", Chan asked softly, "You don't have to eat much but you're due for another dose of medicine and we wouldn't want it upsetting your tummy. Minho should have his medicine soon too, any idea how we can feed it to him?" Chewing on his lips, Jisung ran his hands over the hybrid's back and rasped: "Could you fill his bottle with cold vanilla almond milk, straight from the fridge please? I know you shouldn't give cats anything straight from the fridge but I think the cold could numb the pain in his throat enough for him to swallow his medicine if we break the pill into smaller pieces." Chan nodded, picking up the bottle. Changbin followed him, heating up the soup for Jisung while the older filled Minho's bottle and popped out one of the pills. As Chan broke the pill, Jisung already let Minho have a few sips of his nilla milky. The little suckled eagerly, whining when Jisung pulled the bottle away. "Min, be a good kitty for me and swallow this, yeah?", Chan whispered, poking the hybrid's lips with a small piece of the pill. Wanting more milk as a reward, Minho quickly forced it down before latching back onto the bottle. Felix watched stunned as his friends fed the little his medicine with far less struggle than any of them would've predicted.

Fully medicated, Minho lazily suckled the rest of his milk when Changbin returned with Jisung's soup and medicine. They all settled back down comfortably before Felix spoke up: "Now that the five of us are hanging out together and we have the chance to talk, at least those of us, who still have our voices, Chan.... Anything we should know about you and Hyunjin?"