67

Minho's nap was fitful, the hybrid squirming in pain as cramps frequently pulled him from his sleep. Just as Jisung had promised, he was there whenever his mate blinked his eyes open. The rapper soothingly rubbed Minho's tummy but even when the other seemed to sleep somewhat peaceful, his stomach was still churning. With his palm softly grazing the little's bloated middle, Jisung used his other hand to scratch the boy's ears. He was still shocked at how this could've happened because Minho usually knew about his lactose intolerance and would steer clear of anything dairy. The hybrid whined quietly, curling up tighter and sniffing the air for Jisung's scent. When he had detected his mate, Minho turned around and nuzzled his face into the other's chest, breathing deeply.

While Minho still tried to fight the nausea by breathing deeply, Jisung had picked up on the low gurgles coming from the little's stomach and whispered: "Do you need to be sick again?" Sniffling, Minho shook his head. He didn't want to be sick again. It was already bad enough that his tummy was hurting so badly, so no, he would not go through the same torture as earlier again. His mouth was already starting to water a bit but if he just went back to sleep, he'd be fine. At least, that was what Minho told himself, Jisung had his doubts but calmly stroked the little's hair, one arm dangling off the bed already grazing the rim of the bucket, so he'd be able to react if need be. Swallowing against the odd feeling at the back of his throat, Minho felt his stomach tighten and anxiously sat up. Jisung instantly picked up the bucket and placed it into his mate's lap but the hybrid pushed it away with an upset whine. He wouldn't need it because he wouldn't be sick again.

"Kitten, if you feel like you need to be sick, it's better to get it out. Your tummy hurts because you put milk in it, so don't keep it in", Jisung cooed, running his hand up and down Minho's back. Holding back tears, the little allowed himself a queasy burp but pressed his lips together afterwards. He eventually did reach for the bucket, holding onto the rim with a trembling hand. Gently combing the boy's bangs back with his fingers, Jisung promised: "It'll feel better afterwards. Just let your body do what it needs to do." Minho tried. He really did but after another breathy burp, nothing else happened and he realized, the milk that was hurting him would stay in his tummy and hurt him for the rest of the day. Breaking into tears, the little shoved the bucket and almost pushed it off the bed if it wasn't for Jisung catching it. "Hey, kitten, calm down", the rapper gasped, "What's gotten into you, hm? I get that you're upset and that it hurts but getting worked up about it will only make it worse."

Minho pushed the bucket again, not wanting to look at it anymore, so Jisung placed it back onto the floor before wiping the little's tears. "Min, can you take a deep breath for me?", the rapper asked softly. Catching Jisung's hand, Minho lifted it to his face and sniffed his mate's wrist. The hybrid kept nosing at Jisung's wrist for a few minutes, shakily breathing in and out as the other's scent eased his nausea. When Minho let go of his hand, the rapper cupped the little's cheeks and cooed: "Better?" Minho nodded, closing his eyes. His tummy still hurt but he didn't feel like he had to be sick anymore. The tea in his bottle had long since grown cold, so Jisung offered: "Should we go and make you some fresh tea or maybe some broth?" Minho shrugged. He doubted the tea would help at all as it hadn't done that when he had last had an upset stomach but maybe he could try the broth. "We go 'gether?", the little mumbled, not wanting to be left alone with his pain. Jisung nodded and carefully picked his mate up, making his way to the kitchen with the hybrid in his arms.

When Jisung set Minho down on the kitchen counter, the hybrid still clutched onto his shirt. "Kitten, I'm not going to go far and you're not going to fall", Jisung hummed, "I just need to grab a pot and some ingredients. Can you let me go for just a second?" Pouting, Minho reluctantly let go of his mate and watched the other shuffle a few steps away. Now that the rapper's scent wasn't close enough to dull his nausea anymore and he grew nervous with the height of the counter, Minho's face paled rapidly. When Jisung turned back to look at him, the little had started to sweat. "You okay there?", Jisung worried, placing the pot on the stove. Before the other even had a chance to answer, his stomach seized. Minho surprised himself with a forceful retch, hurriedly clamping his hands over his mouth as his eyes widened in shock.

Cursing under his breath, Jisung helped the hybrid off the counter and to the kitchen sink. Minho gagged again, stomach acid burning his throat though nothing came up. This couldn't be real, he didn't want this to happen. "Ssh, relax kitten", Jisung whispered rubbing his back, "You'll be fine." Minho didn't feel fine though. Shaking the rapper's hand off, Minho turned around and hugged the other tightly. He nuzzled his face against the crook of Jisung's neck, deeply inhaling his mate's scent as he slowly calmed down and while he did, his stomach calmed down too. Feeling the little relax, Jisung wrapped him in a loose hug. He didn't want to squeeze Minho too tightly but he also wanted him to feel safe, so they stayed in a hug for a few minutes. While Jisung only held him loosely, Minho desperately clung to his mate, nosing at his neck and clenching the fabric of his shirt in his fists.

"You okay now?", Jisung hummed, running his hand up and down the little's spine. Not lifting his face from the rapper's neck in the slightest, Minho breathed: "Mhm, buh stay wike tis. It hewps." - "Okay", Jisung agreed, "Can we move a few steps though? I still want to make you some broth, so you don't get dehydrated. You can stay as close to me as you want though." The hybrid nodded against Jisung's neck and they stiffly shuffled back to the stove. Considering Minho loved chicken, Jisung decided to use chicken stock. He wanted the broth to also be rich in nutrients because he doubted he'd be able to convince his mate of eating at all for the rest of the day. While he cooked, Jisung hummed a song he had been working on lately and that hadn't really left his mind ever since. Though still feeling a little queasy, Minho was comfortable where he was and purred softly. He simply loved his mate's voice.

Grabbing a spoon, Jisung tried some of the broth and contemplated: "It might need a little more salt. What do you think, Min?" Minho finally lifted his head and took the tiniest of steps away from his mate. After lightly blowing onto the spoon, Jisung lifted it to the little's lips, who hesitantly sniffed it before allowing the rapper to feed him. Licking his lips a few times, Minho shrugged: "Ish otay, maybe a teeny tiny bit?" Jisung nodded and allowed the boy to cuddle back into him. Adding a little dash of salt, the rapper was soon ready to transfer the broth into a cup. "Should we go and sit on the couch?", Jisung asked softly, making his mate pout. Minho didn't want to move yet but at the same time, his legs were starting to get tired. Kissing the hybrid's head, Jisung smiled: "You can sit in my lap as soon as we're there. I just need you to let go for a moment."

Though he really didn't want to move away, Minho went from hugging Jisung to only hugging one of the rapper's arms and let him guide him to the couch. Jisung carefully set the cup down on the coffee table, so his mate could get settled in his lap. Instantly climbing into the other's lap, Minho shoved his face into the crook of his mate's neck and took a few deep breaths. The rapper's scent helped settle his stomach and he was able to relax into the other's hold. When Minho nodded, Jisung picked up the cup and lightly blew on the broth, so the little wouldn't burn his tongue.

When Jisung was confident the broth had reached drinking-temperature, he lifted it to Minho's lips and whispered: "Just sip it slowly. You don't have to drink all of it, okay. If it feels like your stomach can't handle it yet, that's okay too, you don't have to force yourself to anything." Minho nodded nervously but accepted a sip. The warmth somewhat felt nice in his upset stomach, though he still needed to make up his mind on whether it helped. Jisung praised him quietly, placing the cup back down once his mate had sipped half of it. "Let's let it settle first and if you feel comfy, you can drink the rest in a few minutes", the rapper smiled, rubbing Minho's back while they waited. The hybrid simply went back to sniff his mate, slowly relaxing more. He gladly let Jisung help him drink the rest of his broth before they continued cuddling.