64

Over the course of the afternoon, Minho had grown far more comfortable around Seungmin. He had still held a distrust towards the dog hybrid despite eating at the same table as him but after the other caregiver had brought him his paci and figured out that he just needed something to suckle on, he trusted him more. As they had realized rather early on, Jeongin had a slightly older headspace than Minho but despite his usually high energy levels, he managed not to overwhelm the younger little. Minho enjoyed their guests being around, happily playing with the slime on the table in front of him, while Jisung petted his ears. What the rapper hadn't considered when he had absentmindedly reached for the hybrid's ears, was that the boy would grow sleepy from the soothing touch. At first, Minho still purred softly behind his pacifier as he kneaded the slime, occasionally looking over at Jeongin, who stretched his slime. Minho tried to mirror what the other little did but soon grew too tired, only lightly poking at the slime in front of him.

At some point, Minho's head tipped forward but luckily despite being startled, Jisung managed to catch him before his forehead hit the table. The little whined sleepily as he picked his head back up and leaned back against his caregiver. It was obvious to both Jisung and Seungmin, that the boy urgently needed a nap, so Seungmin leaned over whispering something to Jeongin. Though pouting, Jeongin nodded, boxing his slime again before clambering off his seat. Holding Minho with one arm, Jisung boxed the mint-colored slime in front of them and slid the container over to Seungmin but Jeongin caught it. "Wan' Minnie have it", the little announced, beaming at the sleepy boy. Smiling back at the younger, Jisung thanked him, well aware that Minho would've forgotten his words by now. What he hadn't expected was for the hybrid to make grabby hands at his friend. Figuring Minho wanted the slime, Jeongin handed it to him and was startled when the other dropped it onto the table, repeating the grabby hands.

"I think Minnie wants to give you a hug to say thank you", Jisung mused, turning his chair so the younger could reach him. Fighting hard to suppress an excited squeal because he knew he'd scare the other, Jeongin waddled around the table and hugged Minho tightly. They were surprised when the hybrid turned his head and booped Jeongin's cheek with the shield of his pacifier. Feeling like he was going to combust, the other little let out a loud squeal, hands covering his flushed pink cheeks. Jisung laughed, pressing a soft kiss to the back of his mate's neck. Seungmin opened his arms for the younger and chuckled when Jeongin threw himself against his chest, hiding his face. When the little had calmed himself down, him and his mate collected his littlegear and bid their goodbyes, knowing Minho would be asleep not long after they left.

As soon as the door closed behind the couple, Jisung glanced down at the sleepy baby in his lap. Minho's ears were all droopy as he slowly suckled on his pacifier, hands clenching and unclenching as he kneaded the fabric of his shirt. "Are you ready for your nap?", the rapper hummed softly, picking up his mate and carrying him to the bedroom. Minho gurgled something unintelligible behind his pacifier, a sleepy smile on his face before he realized his blanket wasn't with them. Starting to freak out, the little wriggled around in Jisung's grasp, the other barely managing to get him to the bed without dropping him. The rapper's eyes scanned the bed for the blanket, knowing it always calmed the other down when he was fussy for no reason. That was when he realized that Minho did have a reason to be fussy. His blanket wasn't there.

Leaving the little on the bed, Jisung rushed back to the living room and quickly collected the baby blanket. He made it back to the bedroom just in time. Not wanting to be alone, Minho had tried to crawl after him, making it to the edge of the bed before the rapper scooped him up. "Ah-ah, no running off", Jisung chuckled, bouncing the hybrid on his hip, "Were you looking for this?" Minho's tired eyes sparkled when he spotted the baby blanket. He clutched the comfort item tightly, clenching and unclenching his hands to feel the soft material squish between his fingers. The scare of not having his blanket with him had woken the little back up from his sleepy haze, so Jisung took a few minutes to carry the boy around the bedroom, swaying him and humming softly. As Minho slowly relaxed, his head grew too heavy for him to hold and dropped down onto his mate's shoulder. The rapper cooed quietly before approaching the bed and easing Minho down onto the mattress.

As soon as the hybrid was out of Jisung's arms though, he forced his eyes back open and whined. His mate not holding him, even if it was only for a moment was intolerable. "Fussy baby", the rapper sighed, crawling onto the bed next to Minho, "Such a sleepy kitten but still refusing to sleep. What am I going to do with you?" The little gurgled innocently, his pacifier bobbing faster now as he looked around the room. He was startled when Jisung blew a raspberry against his neck. Whining loudly in complaint, Minho uncoordinatedly waved his blanket around and successfully pushed it into his caregiver's face. Chuckling, the rapper guided the blanket back down and rubbed his cheek against his mate's neck, the other instantly going slack underneath him. That was when Jisung remembered how Minho had scented him a while ago. It seemed to bring the hybrid great comfort when he was regressed really little, his breathing becoming slow and steady.

Seeing his mate enjoy it so much, Jisung continued to rub his cheek against the little's neck and collarbone. Minho purred barely audible, too tired to make a louder sound but still needing to show how much he enjoyed it. Occasionally, the rapper would press a gentle kiss to the other's neck or cheek and watched the boy's suckling slow. If he relaxed any further, the pacifier would probably fall from his lips. When Jisung reached up, tracing the base of Minho's ears, the little was out. He had stopped purring, his breathing slow and deep as he drifted off. Maybe it was just a little bit of extra-affection he needed to fall asleep.

Not having the slightest urge to part, Jisung laid down fully. He wasn't tired and he wouldn't sleep but he wanted to stay with his baby, holding the little and maybe stroking his ears for a while longer. Minho was just so precious. The rapper couldn't help beating himself up for misinterpreting everything. Minho's obsession with feeling textures had not been anything new and Jisung felt stupid that it had needed Seungmin's explanation for him to understand how to help his mate. He had long considered getting the little some playdough after he had played with his porridge but then the thought had moved to the back of his mind until he had completely forgotten about it and instead of realizing what his mate needed, he had scolded him over and over again. Minho deserved better than that but he didn't seem to be genuinely upset at Jisung, he wouldn't have been so touchy and affectionate if he was, right?

The rapper was pulled from his thoughts when Minho rolled over and buried his face in his caregiver's chest. Jisung would've loved to know what the boy was dreaming as he started to sniff his hoodie, kneading the fabric in his hands. "My kitten", Jisung whispered, wrapping his arms around Minho. He lightly stroked his hands up and down the little's back. Sometimes tracing his nails down the other's back, sometimes just holding him, making sure to never let go. How had he been so lucky? Such a precious baby all for himself. He'd be pretty stupid if he ever let the other go.

Minho whined softly in his sleep, hands tightening on the other's hoodie. Jisung gave him a comforting squeeze, worried the little might be having a nightmare but not really wanting to disturb his sleep. Holding the hybrid just a little closer, Jisung pressed a gentle kiss against his neck and whispered right next to his ear: "You're safe, kitten. Daddy's here, I got you. Nothing can happen to my precious little prince when I'm right here with you." It was stunning how despite being asleep and probably not hearing the rapper's voice at all, Minho relaxed almost instantly, melting into his mate's chest. His suckling had started up again, the pacifier moving gently against Jisung's chest, but it wasn't fast and distressed as if he was having a nightmare. Just to be sure, the rapper hummed a soft tune, one hand continuously stroking up and down Minho's back, while the other traced the base of the hybrid's fluffy ear.