70

With Jisung's plan backfiring so badly, the rapper knew they'd have to find another way to have Minho slip frequently. They had talked a lot after Minho had come out of his headspace and Jisung apologized for shutting his mate out of his life. Sadly, Minho also had to admit that the younger was right. He'd most definitely try to hold himself back from slipping when he felt the rapper was too stressed to take care of him, so waiting for Minho to voice his need to slip probably wouldn't work either. The couple agreed to work out a schedule, dedicating days or afternoons to Minho being little. That way, he'd certainly slip at least once a week and they could both prepare for it. They picked Sundays as Minho's regression days because neither of them had to work that day but if something came up and Minho didn't work a Saturday shift, they have him slip a day earlier instead. This new arrangement was weird to both of them at first and although Jisung easily adapted to dedicating one weekday entirely to taking care of his mate, the older did have a hard time. In the beginning, he just couldn't seem to get into his headspace once Sunday rolled around. He was used to just slipping when he really needed to, so regressing just for the sake of it because it was Sunday didn't feel right.

Eventually, Minho learned to adjust though. If he started to feel stressed or fuzzy, he usually managed to hold on till the weekend and once it was time for him to slip, he didn't feel guilty about it because he knew that Jisung didn't have any other plans, so him slipping wouldn't interfere with anything. Soon, Jisung got to wake up to his mate straddling his legs and poking his chubby cheek. "Dada, whewe do thoughts come fwom?", Minho asked in a very serious tone. Rubbing his face, the rapper yawned: "Where does what come from?" – "Thoughts, dada", Minho pressed, his cat ears perked in curiosity. Sitting up, Jisung yawned again and sighed: "I don't know, kitten." – "Okay", the hybrid nodded, though his tone was disappointed as his ears drooped. Not wanting the boy's mood to drop that early in the morning, Jisung successfully distracted him by offering to make breakfast together.

Though Minho had initially wanted to help his daddy make breakfast, he got distracted almost instantly as they passed the window on their way to the kitchen. It had been raining throughout most of the night but the downpour had slowed to only a light drizzle now that Jisung was setting up the waffle iron. While the rapper bustled around the kitchen, Minho stood at the window and watched the rain. In the early morning sunlight, the little spotted a rainbow, which he proudly showed Jisung, excitedly clapping his hands. "Dada...", Minho started, smiling when the rapper hummed, "If plants need wain an' sun to gwow, and wainbows awe made of light an' watew... awe wainbows plant food?" Turning around to give his mate a confused look, Jisung's finger brushed against the side of the waffle iron. The rapper let out a startled curse at the hot touch and went to run his finger under the tap. Minho watched him worriedly before his attention was captured by the words his caregiver had used. Covering his mouth as he giggled, the hybrid wondered: "Why did sweaw wowds get invented if we nuh 'llowed to say 'em?" – "I don't know, kitten", Jisung sighed, trying to keep his patience with the ever curious little.

Minho asking the most random questions had become a thing lately, what did surprise Jisung though was the fact, that his mate never seemed to run out of them. While Jisung went back to making waffles, he tried to give Minho a useful task, humming: "Minnie, I know you have amazing eye sight. Can you look for toppings for our waffles?" The hybrid nodded proudly, tearing himself away from the window to join his caregiver in the kitchen. "Why Minnie have two eyes if onwy see one thing?", Minho gasped, freezing with his hand on the cabinet door as he stared inside at the apple sauce. Jisung was ready to slam his head on the kitchen counter. He didn't even know what to say but it didn't matter because Minho would come up with a new question whether he answered it or not.

Realizing that he wouldn't get a reply, Minho just shrugged and reached into the cabinet to retrieve the apple sauce and powdered sugar. Before he could take them to the dining table thought, another thought crossed his mind and he turned to Jisung, mumbling: "Why can't I see ma eyes?!" – "Because your eyes are facing forward and not towards each other. It'd look pretty funny if they did", Jisung chuckled, pouring more batter into the waffle iron. When he turned towards his mate, Jisung couldn't help but crack up as Minho stood there, cross-eyed in an attempt to look at his eyes. "Minnie onwy see his nose", Minho whined, looking at his caregiver, who continued to laugh while the hybrid carried the toppings to the table. Jisung was confused, that his mate continued to lay the table in silence. It was only when the rapper joined him, carrying a stack of waffles, that he realized Minho had arranged everything in a circle in the center of the table.

Jisung furrowed his brows before Minho spoke up, not even looking away from the table. "Dada, whewe does a ciwcle end?" Wrapping his arms around the hybrid from behind, Jisung smiled: "The circle ends where I stop loving you." The rapper felt Minho tense in his arms before the little turned around and looked at him with sad eyes, his ears drooping. Cupping his mate's cheeks, Jisung cooed: "Show me where the circle ends." He nodded towards the dining table and Minho stepped closer, taking a long look. "It nuh ends", the hybrid mumbled, looking up at Jisung with big eyes. The rapper nodded, pecking his mate's nose. A flustered giggle escaped Minho's lips as he nuzzled his face against the side of Jisung's neck. Proud that he had stunned his mate speechless, Jisung properly laid the table and got Minho settled before taking a seat himself.

They had breakfast in comfortable silence and it was only when Jisung got up to clear the table that Minho's lips formed a small 'o'. The rapper already braced himself for the worst when Minho rounded the table, waddling up to him. "If- If Minnie ish wittwe- and... and dada ish big", the hybrid wondered, reaching up his hand and brushing it over the top of his head. Comparing himself and Jisung a few times, Minho pouted: "If Minnie ish wittwe and dada ish big, why dada so showt?" Now Jisung was the speechless one, staring at his mate in disbelieve. "Daddy's not short", the rapper argued, searching for the right words, "Daddy is not short, no, daddy is- he's.... Daddy is fun-sized." – "So, Changbin-hyungie be fun-sized too?", Minho asked, eyes wide with wonder. Nodding, Jisung hummed in confirmation before taking their plates to the kitchen. He really needed to come up with a way of occupying Minho today because he doubted his sanity would be able to handle any more of the little's questions.

After clearing the table, Jisung took Minho to the bathroom to wash up, the little nibbling on his fingers, still deep in thought. While the rapper contemplated whether to wash Minho's hands and face or to run him a bath, the little curiously looked around the bathroom, wondering: "Why we caww it bathtub if it's jus' a really big sink?" – "Why do we call it sink if it's just a fun-sized bathtub?", Jisung countered, causing the hybrid's jaw to drop. He hadn't even considered that. Minho still tried to figure it out, when the rapper pulled his hands under the running water and scrubbed them clean before wetting a washcloth and cleaning his face.

Jisung managed to set Minho up with a jigsaw puzzle, hoping it'd help the little focus his attention on a task. That worked out so well, that the hybrid didn't even look up when Jisung called his name after almost two hours of puzzling. "Kitten", the rapper tried again, crouching next to Minho and gently scratching his ears. The other still didn't look up but he started to purr softly, so kissing his mate's neck from behind, Jisung finally got the little's attention. "Do you wanna drink something, Minnie? You've been working so hard, hm?", Jisung hummed, holding up Minho's sippy cup. Looking at it with sparkling eyes, the hybrid nodded and giggled: "Me wan' da bwood of appwes pwease." – "What?!", Jisung gasped slightly alarmed, "That's probably the creepiest way I've ever been asked for apple juice." Smiling widely, Minho clapped his hands and giggled in delight, obviously proud of himself. He loved it when his daddy looked so confused and terrified.