85

With the antibiotics, Jisung luckily recovered quickly, Minho's fever breaking a day later. Minho struggled though. He was feeling better and was yearning to go dance again but he had to stay on antibiotics for another week, banning him from physical exercise for the time being. What really saved him was Hyunjin's offer to hang out together after his classes. He had missed the younger and he was also kind of curious about the date Chan had taken the other on a couple of days before. There would obviously be tea to spill today.

They met up at a café and Minho chuckled when Hyunjin slid into the booth opposite him. The younger wore his hair in a high ponytail a few loose strands falling into his face. He had traded his strawberry lip-gloss for a deeper cherry one, making his already bright smile even brighter. There was a spark in Hyunjin's eyes and his face seemed to glow. "I take it", Minho smiled, "your evening with Chan went well?" The other blushed at that but nodded.

Taking a careful sip of his caramel macchiato, Hyunjin hummed: "We went for a walk together and talked a lot till late into the night. Channie complimented me for my makeup. I didn't expect him to like it because other guys always make fun of me for wearing it but I just like feeling pretty." - "So that's why you're trying a different shade today?", Minho teased causing his friend to cover his lips. "I didn't think you'd notice", Hyunjin mumbled, still a little flustered.

Minho sipped his chai and chuckled: "I do pay attention, you know. By the way, I will need your advice on lip-gloss soon. Sungie liked it when you did his makeup and although he wouldn't wear a full face of it on the daily, I think he'd like lip-gloss, especially the flavored ones. I wanna gift him one and don't know where to get the perfect one." - "We can go to the mall when we finished our drinks", Hyunjin beamed, "I wanted to go and look around for something anyway, so I can show you." - "What are you looking for?", the older hummed, brows furrowing when his friend glanced down, more pink dusting his cheeks. The boy's reply was so quiet that he had to repeat himself. "Please don't laugh", he mumbled shyly, "I wanted to get maybe one or two skirts." Hyunjin didn't dare look up when the other remained quiet for a moment. Wrapping his hands around the cup, Minho eventually hummed: "Why would I laugh? There's nothing wrong with that if it makes you feel pretty. I guess we're going shopping then?"

Though he felt a little odd entering the makeup section, Minho tried to play his nerves off well, while Hyunjin seemed to feel entirely at home. The younger showed him which brand he usually got because he found the flavors to taste the most natural and they made his lips feel really soft. Minho was stunned just how many shades there were and took an eternity to read them all. He surprised himself by picking three instead of just one, secretly deciding to try them too.

Hyunjin grew fidgety once they entered the women's section and Minho worried because the other had seemed so at home when it came to makeup, so what was the difference. Did he fear the judgement? Protectively wrapping his arm around Hyunjin's waist, the older guided him around the store before freezing in his spot.

When Hyunjin looked at his fellow dancer, Minho's pupils were dilated and shiny. Trying to discreetly get the hybrid's attention, Hyunjin took his hand and squeezed it before following his gaze. "It's really cute, right?", he chuckled, finally earning a tiny nod from Minho. Trying his hardest to stay big, the hybrid pouted: "Min wanna twy."

Although Hyunjin tensed as he realized his friend had regressed, he nonchalantly grabbed the skirt the little had fixated on and smiled: "Let's grab a bunch and then we can go try them on."

Minho hadn't spoken a single word since he had slipped but tightly clung to Hyunjin's arm as they looked around. Although Hyunjin was surprised by the other's enthusiasm, he was also relieved because someone else seemed to be able to relate to him. He looked over when he felt a tug on his shirt and smiled because Minho had picked up the perfect skirt, thrusting into his arms. "Chu be soo pwetty in dat", the little breathed in awe. Hyunjin's cheeks heated up a bit and he mumbled: "Let's go try them on."

They headed to the changing rooms, eager to see what their picks would look like on them. Hyunjin was delighted to find three of the skirts fitting him perfectly, so he put the others on a hanger and waited for Minho to exit. He soon grew worried though because the hybrid had far less to try on, yet he still hadn't returned. Eventually, Hyunjin spoke up: "Are you okay in there, Minnie?" The only reply was a loud purr that caused his heart to race. People couldn't know about Minho being a hybrid. Panicking, Hyunjin slipped into the changing room and was relieved to find the little fully dressed.

Minho stood in front of the mirror, twirling in his skirt, his pupils dilated. "Someone's feeling pretty, hm? You gotta be quiet though, Min", Hyunjin smiled, resting his hands on the little's shoulders. Looking up at the other with sparkling eyes, Minho breathed: "I wuv it! We go show dada?" - "Not yet, little one", Hyunjin chuckled, "You need to change back into your pants, so we can go and pay." Hearing that, the hybrid's eyes flooded with tears. He didn't want to take off his skirt.

"Listen, Min", Hyunjin tried softly after some back an forth, "If you change back and come with hyung, I'll find you something to complete the outfit, yeah? Make it even more purrfect for when you show Jisung." - "Chu pwomise? Mowe puwwfect?", Minho asked innocently, rubbing his eyes. Hyunjin nodded and stepped out, so the other could change.

Curiously waddling along, Minho followed Hyunjin to the check out a small pout forming on his lips when he saw the other pick something else up but couldn't identify what it was. It looked soft at least but that was all Minho could tell. He tightly clutched the skirt in his hand, his palm getting clammy as they approached the cashier and he felt her eyes linger on the items they were carrying. Was Hyunjin as nervous as him?

His throat started to feel tight, so he was glad that Hyunjin spoke for him and acted all confident though the little noticed how his friend's hands trembled. A heavy weight was lifted off Hyunjin's chest when they finally exited the store, Minho happily clutching his shopping bag. "Should we go back to your place, Min?", the other offered, "I can help you dress up all pretty and we'll text Jisung, so you can show him." - "Sounds puwwfect", the little giggled as he took Hyunjin's hand excitedly skipping along.

It turned out that what Hyunjin had bought for Minho were fuzzy thigh highs, matching the shade of his skirt, which he eagerly changed into as soon as they got back. Minho happily clapped his hands and wiggled his toes as Hyunjin put the thigh highs on him. Hyunjin also applied some makeup on his friend before dialing Jisung. "Dada, chu need come home", the little squealed into the phone as soon as the rapper picked up. Jisung's first instinct was to worry but his mate sounded happy, so he calmed himself.

"Sung, hey, it's Hyunjin", the dancer chuckled, "Min and I went shopping and he is really proud of what he found." - "Hey, hyung", Jisung smiled relieved, "The two of you are fine though, right?" - "Yeah, don't worry. I brought Min back to your place after he slipped at the mall", the older assured, glancing at Minho twirling his tail. The hybrid had allowed his ears and tail to pop out as soon as they entered the apartment. If he strained, Jisung could even hear his purr in the background. Running his hand through his hair, Jisung sighed: "I'd love to come home for min to show me but I don't think Chan-hyung will let me leave. We still need to catch up, so...." - "Oh, don't worry about him", Hyunjin smirked, "I'll give him a call and I bet he'll let you come home...."