37

Jisung woke up in the middle of the night to Minho desperately tugging on his arm. Seeing the hybrid this terrified scared Jisung too but he reminded himself to stay calm and cautiously looked around the room to figure out what might have scared the boy. As he sat up, Minho instantly crawled into his lap, pressing himself as close to the rapper as possible. "Kitten, did you have a nightmare", Jisung whispered softly, running his hand over the soft fur at the base of the little's ear to soothe him. Unable to comprehend the words, Minho only continued to cry, latching onto his caregiver's shirt. The rapper picked up the pacifier from the coffee table and gently removed his shirt from the little's lips, which earner him a discontent whine before he slipped the comfort item between the other's lips.

As Jisung continued to pet Minho's ears and rocked the boy in his arms, Minho slowly calmed down, his hands still weakly fisted in the material of his caregiver's sweater. Pressing a gentle kiss to the hybrid's hairline, Jisung hummed: "What had my baby this scared, hm?" The other only looked up at him with big, teary eyes, enjoying the sound of the rapper's voice. It sounded so soothing, so safe, he wished Jisung would continue to talk even if he couldn't make sense of the things the other said. "My Minnie looks like he's still tired", Jisung commented quietly, "You should go back to sleep, kitten, it's late and you're tired. Dada will keep you safe, nothing can happen to you as long as you stay right here with me." Minho's eyelids got droopier as he suckled on his paci, listening to the other's calm tone. He was still clutching Jisung's sweater, when the rapper gently brushed the soft material of his baby blanket against the backs of his hands. Minho was quick to let go and knead his blanket instead.

The caregiver soon started to sing quietly, hoping it'd help Minho to go back to sleep but one hour later, they were still awake. It seemed like the hybrid was resisting sleep with all the determination he had because no matter how many times his eyes closed and his head dipped, he always straightened back up a moment later. Jisung couldn't be sure but he suspected the little was scared of sleeping, probably still scared form his nightmare. The rapper was starting to fear, Minho would be staying up the entire night, so he decided a change of scenery might help. With some struggle, he managed to get to his feet and carried the other to the bedroom, sitting both of them down on the bed. The hybrid still suckled anxiously on his pacifier, the baby blanket gripped tightly in his hands. Carefully moving the little off of him, Jisung quickly turned on all the lights and winced at the brightness but maybe being properly woken up would distract Minho from whatever scary thing he had seen.

Minho watched curiously as the other returned and took a seat next to him again. When Jisung grabbed one corner of the baby blanket, the hybrid almost teared up, afraid he'd take away his blanket. What Jisung intended though was very different. He let Minho continued holding on to his comfort item and gently traced one corner across the little's face, tickling his skin. After a few minutes, he managed to tickle a small smile out of his mate, booping his nose before running the corner of the blanket over it. Minho's eyes went unfocused for a moment before he pitched forward with a sleepy sneeze. "Bless you", Jisung giggled as he continued to trace the little's face. Looking up at his mate with sparkling eyes, Minho finally allowed his eyes to close and relaxed into the other's soft touch. When the little had fallen asleep, Jisung quietly turned off the lights and laid down next to the other, glad he had left them a blanket that hadn't been included in the nest. Minho instinctively pressed himself closer to his caregiver, still suckling on his paci, though the movement was slow. For a few more minutes, Jisung adored his mate's sleeping face before allowing himself to go back to sleep too.

Jisung was the first one to wake up the next morning, smiling when Minho still had the pacifier between his lips. Usually, the little would lose it over the course of the night but it had miraculously stayed where it was supposed to be. It was still considerably early, so Jisung didn't move, wanting to stay with his mate for a little longer. That was also when he noticed something. Minho made soft noises in his sleep, almost sounding like whines before reaching for something, his hand only grasping the air. Afraid the boy might be having another nightmare, Jisung took the hand that was still feeling around the air and held it in his, watching the hybrid relax in an instant. A small smile spread on the rapper's lips, realizing what effect he had on his mate. While he continued to hold Minho's hand, he used his other hand to stroke the hybrid's head, unable to resist the soft ears. What good deed had he done in his past life to deserve such a precious little by his side?

Minho woke up about an hour after Jisung, though to the other it seemed like no time had passed at all as he petted the hybrid's ears. The boy was still in his headspace and sleepily blinked at his caregiver, who cupped his cheek, smiling: "Good morning, little prince." - "Ga dada da", Minho babbled behind his pacifier before closing his eyes again and cuddling into Jisung's side. The rapper stroked his back and hummed: "Should we go hunt for breakfast?" Picking up his head, Minho looked at the other with big eyes. Was his Dada really going to hunt for them? He suckled on his pacifier and wrapped his arms around the other's neck. Sighing at the early exercise, Jisung picked the little up and carried him to the kitchen, where he was facing a difficult decision. Was Minho big enough to sit on the counter? He set the little on the counter but stayed between his legs, so he wouldn't fall. Minho curiously looked down, eyes widening as he gripped the rapper's shoulder, urgent babbles leaving his lips.

When Jisung had the boy settled on a chair, from where he could still see him, the rapper set about cooking some porridge. He wanted Minho to eat well but it had to be soft, especially with how little he had slipped. The hybrid watched him curiously but was a bit annoyed at the fact that Jisung's back was facing him. He wanted attention but his Dada was only paying attention to the stove. Startling when the little let out a frustrated whine, the rapper turned around and rushed over to his mate. "Hey, ssh. What's wrong, Minnie?", he frowned, crouching next to the chair. Minho gave a lighthearted giggle. Now he had everything he wanted, Jisung's attention. The caregiver sighed. He had to get back to the stove, otherwise their porridge would boil over. Picking Minho up, he pushed the chair with his foot till it stood next to the counter and he could keep the little beside him. Jisung gave the porridge a good stir before taking a bowl filled with different berries and washing them in the sink. When they were thoroughly cleaned, he returned to the stove, stirring the porridge and handing Minho a strawberry.

The little looked at the strawberry with sparkling eyes and started to nibble on it, successfully distracted from Jisung's struggle to cook. Soon, the rapper scooped some of the porridge into a bowl and took it to the dining table, along with the berries. Next, he collected Minho and took a seat with the boy on his lap. With how little the hybrid had slipped, there was no way, they could eat together, so Jisung had decided to feed the little first, leaving his serving on the stove, so it'd stay warm. Minho watched curiously as his caregiver picked up a few blueberries, arranging them in the bowl to resemble a smiley face. When the little figured out what shape it was going to be, he excitedly clapped his hands. Jisung smiled at the happy gurgles and picked up the spoon, gently blowing onto it, so Minho wouldn't burn his tongue. Holding it to the hybrid's lips, he watched the boy devour his first bite. Minho instantly started to purr at the sweet taste and greedily continued to lick the spoon, clutching Jisung's wrist, so he wouldn't be able to move the spoon away. "Aww, does my kitten like his breakfast?", the rapper giggled, gently removing Minho's hands from his wrist to scoop up some more porridge. The little looked at the spoon, his pupils dilating, making Jisung laugh. It seemed like they had found his new favorite meal.