14

Jisung was the first to move away as he remembered they had been about to have dinner. "I think it's time to eat something. You've barely eaten all day", he reminded the hybrid, who looked up at him with a pout, "Don't look at me like that, I don't want you to starve and you're so skinny already." - "Can-can Min have something tasty this time", Minho asked shyly, reaching for his teether as he felt anxious to seem ungrateful when the other was feeding him. Jisung's eyes widened with realization as he put the pieces together: "You didn't eat because you didn't like it?" The hybrid nodded. "Can me have a baba?", he asked with big, innocent eyes. Giving him a confused look, the rapper questioned: "What do you want to have?" - "A baba", Minho repeated, "Miwk wike me had fow bweakfast an' wunch!" - "Oh, you want another bottle", Jisung realized, making the other nod. Sadly, the rapper shook his head, sighing: "You can't live on only that. We need to get some real food into you, plus, that's something for small kittens, which you're not." - "Buh- buh me ish weawwy smaww", Minho whimpered, tearing up.

They sat in uncomfortable silence as Jisung tried to figure out what food he could prepare for the other. "Hyunjin-hyung called you hyung and since he's older than me, that means you're my hyung too. If you're really older than me, I don't think a bottle is for you", the rapper mused, instantly regretting it when he noticed the tears spilling from Minho's eyes. Looking around to avoid his eyes, Minho spotted Jisung's phone and asked: "Can me show chu?" When Jisung nodded, the hybrid scrambled to his feet to retrieve the device and handed it to Jisung, who unlocked it before handing it back. It had been a while since Minho had last used a smartphone so he was a bit clumsy when typing 'littlespace' into the search bar. Opening an online article, he handed it to Jisung and watched the younger as he read.

The rapper furrowed his brows reading the article Minho had picked, his lips forming a small pout as he understood what the hybrid was on about. "So, mentally, you are not older than me?", he concluded, studying Minho's face. The hybrid's ears twitched anxiously as he mumbled: "Nuh wight now." - "So, are you always little and if so, what am I supposed to do with you, because honestly, I'm a bit lost right now", Jisung admitted, more than just a bit overwhelmed by the situation but he didn't want Minho to start crying again, so he couldn't show how stressed he was. Picking his teether back up and fiddling with it to keep his hands busy, Minho tried to explain: "Nuh aways smaww, sometimes yesh, sometimes nuh. Feew smaww when me ish scawed ow overwhewmed. Pwease, nuh kick Minnie out, me ish sowwy." Tearing up again, he dug his teeth into his teether and drew a shuddering breath to calm himself down. "No, Minnie, why would I kick you out, hm?", Jisung cooed, scratching the other's fluffy ears again as it had seemed to soothe him earlier.

There was a moment of silence, before the rapper offered: "How about we have dinner first and then, we figure out what we're gonna do, yeah? Because, I can't just kick you out. I'd be worried sick knowing you're out there on your own and honestly, I've grown pretty fond of your company." - "Me have baba pwease?", Minho sniffled, looking up at the other with teary eyes. Wiping his tears, Jisung sighed: "I'm sorry but you need to have some real food. Plus, that bottle is too tiny, I don't think you could drink from it." The little's big innocent eyes broke his heart, so he added: "We'll choose something really tasty, okay? And tomorrow, I'll pick up a baby bottle for you but for today, a cup will have to do because I don't want you hurting your teeth."

Minho wasn't exactly happy with that but it didn't feel like Jisung was denying him a bottle because he was disgusted by his headspace, so he should be grateful for that. "Sowwy", the hybrid whimpered, guiltily looking to the floor, "Me ish otay wif any food." The only sound to be heard was the shattering of Jisung's heart. He didn't know why he felt so protective of Minho, only having met him in his human form now, but he couldn't imagine what the poor boy had to have gone through. Getting to his feet, the rapper offered him a hand and walked him to the kitchen, Minho nervously waddling along. "You wanna sit on the counter while I cook?", he asked softly, turning to the hybrid, who gave a shy nod in return, "There you go." After lifting Minho to sit next to the stove, Jisung admitted: "I'm not the best cook, so is ramen okay? It's one of the only things I can cook." - "I hungwy", the little whispered timidly, giving an eager nod to show the rapper he'd be happy with anything. "Aww, my poor kitten", Jisung cooed softly, cupping the hybrid's cheek, "I'll hurry and make us some tasty dinner."