78

With the couple asleep, Chan and Changbin managed to work productively for an hour or two. They didn't even notice how the time passed till Jisung sleepily trudged down the hallway and plopped down on the couch next to them, yawning. Rubbing his eyes, the youngest rapper picked up one of the lyric sheets and read over what his hyungs had written. "This is really good", Jisung mumbled, placing the paper back down. Wrapping his arm around the younger's shoulder, Chan smiled: "Thanks mate. What are you doing up though? With how exhausted you were earlier, I would've expected you to be knocked out till tonight." – "'s not so bad anymore", Jisung rasped as he leant into the Aussie's side, "Minnie gave me lots of cuddles and I think the medicine is helping too. My head still hurts but it's bearable and I'm pretty sure my fever is gone." – "Well, your voice is still completely shot and you sound really stuffed up", Changbin commented dryly. Furrowing his brows, Chan brushed the backs of his hands against his friend's forehead and mused: "How come you think your fever is gone?" – "Um- when I- When Min and I cuddled, he didn't feel cold to mbe", Jisung whispered, admitting, "Your hand does feel pretty cold though."

"Be right back", Chan announced as he got up, ignoring the others' worried frowns. Hurriedly making his way to the bedroom, Chan crouched next to the bed to get a better look at Minho's face. The hybrid's ears were drooping, face pressed into his baby blanket, which the older had to tug down a bit. Sweat glistened on Minho's forehead, his cheeks flushed with what Chan could only guess was a rather high fever. Using the baby blanket to dab away the beads of sweat, the Aussie found his worries confirmed by the heat radiating off the little's skin. Minho gave a weak whine, tugging on his blanket, securely holding it to his chest when the older let go of it. Almost having his comfort item taken, the hybrid became more aware of his surroundings and realized in horror, that his caregiver and mate was nowhere near.

Minho shot up with a start, eyes darting around the room. Where was his dada? Gently taking the little's hand, Chan hummed: "It's okay, Min. I'm sorry I woke you up." – "Da-d-", Minho whimpered hoarsely, breaking into tears. "No baby, shh. You're okay", the older shushed him, "We'll go find your dada, yeah?" Nodding urgently, the little made grabby hands at Chan, who was quick to pick him up. While Minho clutched his blanket, sniffling into the soft material, Jisung was on his feet immediately, ready to take his mate from Chan. "Sung, your fever is far from gone", the Aussie sighed, handing the little to his sick dongsaeng, "He's burning up too." – "Oh, kitten", Jisung forced out, pressing a light kiss to Minho's feverish temple. His legs grew weak almost as soon as he took the little from Chan, so he sat down on the carpet with his regressed mate in his arms. Silent tears dripped from Minho's chin as he grabbed Jisung's t-shirt to ensure the rapper wouldn't leave him alone again. The soundless cries told Jisung that his mate had come down with the same thing even before the coughing started and once it did, it was only more confirmation.

"What now?", Changbin asked softly after helping Jisung wrap a blanket around Minho's shoulders, "He'll probably need antibiotics too, so no way we're getting around taking him to a doctor." Making eye contact, Chan gave a small nod. He hadn't wanted to say it but Changbin was right. The hybrid's ears twitched before flattening as he pressed himself closer to Jisung. Giving a defeated nod, Jisung agreed: "Mby throat still hurts pretty bad but with that spray, it's at least bearable. If he's experienci'g adything like me, we need to go sooner rather than later. Ndo way I'll let mby baby endure this pain." – "How about you go and get him some water first. See if he has any struggle swallowing it", Chan mused, resting his hand on Changbin's arm when the rapper wanted to get up. This wasn't only a test for Minho, it was a test for Jisung as well.

Having seen Jisung struggle all morning, Chan doubted the boy had the energy to leave the house for a second time but he couldn't imagine separating the couple. It took some coaxing till Minho tolerated being moved out of his caregiver's arms, his separation anxiety shooting through the roof as he watched the other get up. Jisung swayed for a moment but went to collect Minho's sippy cup without complaint. It looked like he was walking well once he had found his equilibrium but it too unspeakable effort to just keep putting one foot in front of the other and by the time he wanted to carry the full sippy cup back to the living room, his legs felt like jelly. Stumbling, Jisung tried to brace himself against the wall and was relieved when a secure hand appeared on his arm. This was exactly what Chan had expected, so he was there right away, making sure the younger wouldn't fall. With the Aussie's help, Jisung reached the living room and heaved a sigh of relief when he sat down next to Minho.

Minho had been watching him worriedly, instantly clinging to his arm. Still panting from the strain, Jisung choked out a cough that brought tears to his eyes but he couldn't scare his mate any further, so he wouldn't cry. He needed a moment to catch his breath before shakily lifting the sippy cup to Minho's lips, the little eagerly latching onto it. His throat had felt parched for hours before it had started to hurt, so Minho was convinced it'd get better once he drank something, starting to suckle with desperation. The sudden spike of pain in his throat came as a complete shock to Minho, causing him to choke. Placing down the sippy cup, Jisung patted his back while the little muffled a painful cough into his baby blanket. After that scare, Minho refused to even try having another sip, hiding his face in his caregiver's chest. It was obvious, there was no way around another try to the doctor's office to get Minho on the right medication too but it was also quite clear that Jisung wouldn't manage another trip.

"Sung-", Chan started, trailing off when he glanced at the younger's teary eyes. Jisung already guessed what the Aussie wanted to say and he hated it. "I'll take him, okay?", Chan asked softly, "Binnie will stay here with you and we really won't be long." – "Hyung, you- You dod't understand", Jisung winced, tightening his hold on Minho, "You cand't- He won't...." The older nodded calmly. He did understand and he had never expected it to be easy to get Minho to go with him but it was the only way. "Sungie, I understand. I really do", Chan hummed, "Please don't get worked up, your voice is already fading again. We will take all of this really slow, okay?" Swallowing back his tears, Jisung nodded and took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Minnie, can you look at Channie?", the Aussie smiled softly as he took a seat next to the couple. When the hybrid looked at him with puffy eyes, the older continued: "You're feeling really icky, hm?" Sniffling tiredly, Minho gave a pathetic nod before dropping his head onto his mate's shoulder. "We can make it better, Min. We will have to get you medicine for that though", Chan explained, rubbing the little's back, "Will you go with uncle Channie to see the doctor and get some medicine?" – "D-dada-" – "Your daddy is too sick to go out again but we won't be long, hm?", Chan tried but Minho only clung tighter to Jisung.

Kissing Minho's furry ear to calm him down, Jisung frowned: "Hyu'g, let's try to get him feeling at least a little better before forcing him to go out." – "Sure, what do you have in mind?", Chan agreed, while Changbin collected their lyric sheets and placed their equipment aside. "I- I ndeed to thigk out loud, tell mbe if I'm making sense", the younger muttered, his friends nodding, "We ndeed to bring his fever down, so he won't feel so vulnerable going out. So, medicine for that but he'll have to eat sombethi'g first. He can't eat right now but I can share mby throat spray with him...." – "Do you want me to put all of that together?", Chan offered as Jisung's mind became too hazy to sort his thoughts. The younger nodded, so Chan concluded: "Min will have some of your throat spray, so he can have a meal. After he ate something, we'll give him fever reducers and when his fever went down a little, I'll try to take him to the doctor, so he can get the right medicine without it being too traumatic. Seems like we have a plan."