12

The next morning, Jisung woke up to an early alarm. If they'd be having visitors at the studio, he didn't want to be late. The rapper had always been rather introverted and nervous around people he didn't know, so he felt a bit uneasy about today but one of those people would be Chan's cousin and the Aussie had assured him that he was nice. Groaning as he rolled out of bed, Jisung looked over at Minho, the cat already wide awake, watching him curiously. "Mornin'", the rapper muttered, smiling when he received a soft meow. He made his way to the kitchen to feed the hybrid, noting: "Your paw seems to be doing better. You're barely limping anymore." After getting Minho his food, Jisung went to the bathroom to get ready, not noticing the cat eye the bowl with distaste. Yeah, he really had to tell the boy his little secret soon, even if it was just so that he could eat some proper food.

When Jisung returned, ready to head out, he had to realize Minho hadn't even touched his food. "Min, you need to eat well", the rapper frowned, "Looks like I'll have to pack some extra cat milk today." Throwing the bottle as well as some cat milk into his backpack, Jisung was ready to leave. He placed the cat into his carrier with his baby blanket and teether before picking it up and starting towards the front door. Originally, he had planned to get coffee on the way, as well as a small bite for breakfast, but now he realized his hands were too full and they wouldn't let him enter any café with a pet, so the rapper went straight to the studio. At least, this way, he'd get there before their guests for sure.

Chan and Changbin greeted him with worried looks on their faces, unsure whether their youngest was really up for working already or whether he was just being stubborn and self-destructive. When they had all settled in their seats, Jisung prepared a bottle for Minho explaining: "He again refused all food this morning. I really don't know what I'm going to do. The only thing he really consumes is his milk but he needs to eat some real food." - "Did the vet say anything about that?", Chan asked with a frown. Nodding, the younger recounted: "He said to just give him some time to get used to it but I'm worried. Wasn't that quite some time all ready?" - "Just be patient, Sungie", Changbin reminded, "You don't know what Minho's life had been like before." Jisung nodded defeatedly, settling Minho in his lap with his blanket and starting to feed him. Looking up at Chan, the rapper requested: "Tell me something about your cousin, hyung. What is he like? Do you know his friend too?"

Jisung learned that both were enrolled in the town's dance academy and felt very passionate about dancing. Felix was a true sunshine, which the rapper already knew from earlier stories Chan had told them about his childhood. They didn't know much about Hyunjin but if Felix got along well with him, he'd probably be a good person. Chan also warned them that his cousin's voice was not matching his face at all, so they shouldn't be too shocked when talking to him later. Jisung had finished feeding Minho at some point throughout Chan's stories and placed the cat back into his box, that they had kept around for him when he was at the studio, keeping it on the floor next to his seat. Hopefully Minho wouldn't get too overwhelmed with more people there.

They didn't have much time to dwell on it, as there soon was a knock on the door. Chan opened, welcoming their guests and offering them both a seat on the couch at the back of their studio. Despite the earlier warning, Changbin and Jisung both stared at Felix with wide eyes when the boy started talking, making him laugh as he was already used to that reaction. When they had all introduced themselves, Chan came back to the dance cover the two had done of one of their songs, asking: "So, how does it work? Do you just find a song you like and then come up with a choreography out of nowhere?" - "Similar", Hyunjin laughed, "Usually we just play the song really loud over speakers and then just improvise something, going with the flow. When some of our improvised moves match well, they're in the choreo and then we just go over it again and again till we have a complete one."

"What's the song you want us to make a choreography for?", Felix asked curiously. Turning back to his computer, Chan hummed: "That'd be this one. Why don't we listen to it together?" He started the music and watched the two dancers as they heard it for the first time. Minho, who was listening from his box, felt his heart beat faster. This song was amazing and he envied the two younger boys being tasked to make a choreography for it. Especially because he had recognized their voices, which wasn't too difficult, considering how unique Felix' deep voice was. The hybrid had to bite his teether to keep from whining and deliberately decided to ignore everything that would be happening around him today, afraid what memories would come up being confronted with people he knew.