8

It had been two weeks of Minho living with Jisung and the rapper spent many nights researching cat behavior and advice on how to care for one. There was one thing he noticed. Many behavioral patterns he read about and recognized in Minho were more typical for young kittens but he didn't mind. In one blog article, he read that some kittens that are orphaned at a young age never really shake those behaviors, which he figured must have been the case for Minho. That wasn't really a problem but the cat had gotten incredibly clingy and Jisung's first attempt to leave him at the apartment while he himself went to work, failed miserably. He waited close to the door for a few minutes after leaving and heard the hybrid's pitiful cries from the other side. It broke his heart and the rapper quickly collected the box and took Minho along again.

Generally, Minho was a well-behaved cat, so it was alright to take him to the studio. He barely caused trouble but when he slipped into his headspace, the hybrid always demanded attention, lots of it. Minho tried not to slip because he knew he'd start to bother the three rappers when he did and was afraid Jisung would stop taking him along if he interfered with their work too much. Sadly, he couldn't entirely control his headspace and often got bored at the studio, which led to him slipping and demanding Jisung's attention. Oftentimes by biting the younger's hand or chewing on his fingers.

It was the same today too. At some point, Jisung had ended up with Minho in his lap once again, the cat softly chewing on his fingers, sometimes biting him a little harder than necessary, so Jisung would give him attention. The rapper only sighed at this and was also worried his cat was trying to eat him because he was hungry. Minho still struggled with eating proper amounts of his food and usually preferred having some of whatever Jisung was having but after the milk incident, the younger only wanted to give the cat appropriate food and the occasional fried chicken was just that, a special occasion. Today, the rapper had brought along a can of tuna and while it was better than cat food, Minho still wasn't too happy with it, only having a few bites. Watching the scene, Chan and Changbin agreed to drop Jisung back at the vet after their work, so they could have the cat checked up on again, worried that his lack of appetite might be indicating a more serious problem.

"Alright Mr. Han, what made you bring this boy in today?", the vet asked, noting that Minho already looked better than the first time he saw him. Giving Minho a sad smile, Jisung sighed: "You see, Minho doesn't really eat much. After I messed up with the milk last time, I did quite some research about what and how much I should feed him but he usually only has a few bites before losing interest in the food and walking away. I think he's hungry because he keeps chewing on my hands instead or in his sleep I often see him suckle on his blanket." - "Did he throw up again since last time?", the vet frowned, taking a closer look at the hybrid's teeth. "No, not as far as I noticed", Jisung denied, heart clenching when the cat gave him a betrayed look. Minho really didn't want to be here, especially not because he disliked the food he was given. Patting Minho's head, the vet hummed: "There seems to be nothing wrong with his teeth, so I think he could eat if he wanted to. Maybe he doesn't like it or isn't used to it. He was a stray and cats usually prefer to eat the food they know, so if he isn't used to eating cat food, he might not be comfortable with it." - "Well, that'd explain why he always wants my food", the rapper chuckled, stepping closer to the examination table and smiling when Minho pressed himself against his middle.

"You described him exhibiting multiple kittenish behaviors, so maybe there's something we can do to nurse him to a healthy weight, since you were right, he is a little malnourished", the vet mused, "It's something we usually do to raise orphaned kittens." He rummaged through a few cabinets and pulled out a bottle with a soft teat. Filling it with cat milk, he approached Minho and carefully picked him up. The hybrid instantly latched onto the bottle, quickly slipping into his headspace. Being quite hungry, Minho greedily drank the milk, making the vet chuckle: "You can take the bottle home with you and bottle feed him in addition to the food you give him anyway. The best choice would be cat milk that you can buy in the same aisle as the cat food, those are best because they're specially designed to match a cat's nutrient demand. Another option would be almond milk, the higher the level of protein the better but only in moderation and as an addition to a balanced diet not a replacement." Jisung nodded along, noting to pick up a few bottles of cat milk later. He couldn't help but smile at the soft suckling noise as Minho gulped down his milk. That cat truly was a baby at heart.

They also got Minho's paw looked at again, which got the vet a little worried because it should be healing faster than it was. Jisung explained how Minho would often try to use it like nothing was wrong, which did him more harm than good. The truth was, Minho loved when Jisung would carry him around. It made him feel so safe and cared for, so he'd often try to follow the rapper everywhere he went. For one, because he wanted to stay close to the younger and two, because Jisung would always pick him up when he saw him trying to get somewhere, carrying him there instead, so he wouldn't put too much strain on his injury.

When they got back to the rapper's apartment, Minho was sleepy from being little and having his tummy filled, so Jisung carried him to his bedroom and settled him on the bed with his baby blanket close-by before sneaking out to get groceries and cat milk for Minho. Even things like grocery shopping had gotten difficult with how clingy the cat was, always crying by the door when Jisung left the apartment. The rapper had read something about separation anxiety and figured that was the most likely explanation for his pet's actions, so he avoided leaving Minho alone for longer stretches of times and snuck out to run errands when he was asleep. He even managed to return before the hybrid woke up and quickly made himself some dinner, chatting with Chan and Changbin to update them on Minho's condition and to plan their work for the following days.

Jisung also prepared some cat food for Minho for when he'd wake up later before showering and getting comfortable in bed, scrolling through his phone. There was something he had seen online, about cats that tended to bite things. Maybe a chew toy would be helpful for them, so Minho wouldn't bite Jisung's hands anymore. Searching different online stores for pet items, the rapper soon changed tactics and instead found a cute teether that was meant for babies. After ordering the teether, he put his phone aside and tried to go to sleep, smiling when Minho hopped onto the bed next to him. He had had some food and though he struggled a bit, managed to get back to the younger on his own. The hybrid purred as he got comfortable next to Jisung, settling in to lick and gnaw on the rapper's hand. 'Yeah, a teether seems like the perfect idea', Jisung thought before drifting off.

 'Yeah, a teether seems like the perfect idea', Jisung thought before drifting off

The teether Jisung ordered^^