56

There'll be an important announcement regarding my updating schedule for the rest of the year, as well as a major spoiler for future content tomorrow, so please keep an eye out...

It was late afternoon when Jisung and Minho had finally separated from each other long enough to eat something. Since the weather was alright, Jisung offered they could go to the park and maybe get some dessert on the way there. "Dada, wha' Minnie wear?", the hybrid asked worriedly. Looking the boy up and down, Jisung hummed: "You can't hide your tail right now?" Minho sadly shook his head, so the other guided him to the bedroom and picked out soft loose sweatpants that would hopefully conceal it. "And for your ears, I think I have a cute beanie you can wear to cover them. You put those on and I'll go look for it, yeah?", Jisung smiled and ruffled the little's hair. The thought of having to cover those adorable, fluffy ears made him sad but he knew Minho hadn't been treated with much acceptance before and didn't want to risk him experiencing that while in headspace.

When Minho had changed and his ears were covered, he reached for Jisung's hand and looked at the rapper with innocent eyes. "Minnie nuh wanna get wost", he explained quietly. Jisung gave his hand a gentle squeeze, promising: "I'm not going to lose my little kitten, don't worry about that." The little giggled in embarrassment before pointing at the door. "We go now?", he asked excitedly, tugging on Jisung's hand. "Yeah, we are going now", the rapper laughed, pulling Minho out of the apartment. As soon as they were in public, the hybrid's demeanor changed. He was much quieter now, looking around curiously. He knew he couldn't use his little voice too much, otherwise people might figure out he was different but he happily swung his and Jisung's interlocked hands between them. While Minho struggled to take everything in, the rapper contemplated where they could go for dessert. What was a good dessert for a little? He had thought about getting cupcakes but wasn't sure whether the cream would upset his mate's tummy and didn't want to test it on a day that had already been a wild ride.

They were lucky, as there was a small market close to the park they had already decided on visiting. What struck Jisung, was a voice he heard close by and the rapper hurriedly pulled Minho aside. The little looked at him curiously but Jisung only raised one finger to his lips, signaling for the boy to be quiet. "Dat Channie-hyung?", Minho gasped softly, covering his mouth as he remembered he should be quiet. Jisung nodded, whispering: "I think so but didn't he say he had an appointment?" The hybrid shrugged before pointing: "Wook! Hyunjin-hyung is hewe too!" - "This is getting interesting, don't you think, kitten?", Jisung smiled and Minho giggled. This was really getting interesting. Not wanting their friends to notice them, the couple turned into the opposite direction and continued to roam around the small market. They were still looking for a small dessert, while also trying to keep an eye on their friends. Jisung especially, since he remembered Hyunjin telling him that he was more attracted to boys. Could they possibly be on a date? It would be the only logical explanation because Chan surely would've told them the truth if it wasn't a date, right?

"Dada, they fliwting", Minho whispered urgently, tugging on Jisung's hand. The rapper's eyes widened as he looked at his mate, whispering back: "You can hear them?" - "Chu can't?", Minho asked innocently. When Jisung shook his head, he giggled softly: "Minnie have good eaws!" - "You sure do, kitten", the other replied, "I think I found our dessert, come on!" The hybrid curiously waddled along when Jisung led him to one of the food stands. This particular one sold cute cake pops, which made Minho's heart race with excitement. They looked so cute and he got all giddy inside but still tried to appear big, though Jisung could feel his grip tighten on his hand. They made eye contact and the rapper noticed how his mate's pupils had dilated by looking at the treat. Yeah, he had found their dessert.

Giving Minho's hand a reassuring squeeze, Jisung approached the stand and bought a bunch of cake pops for both of them. He could feel the hybrid bounce on his feet next to him but had to get them some more privacy first before his mate would accidentally reveal his headspace. Pulling Minho into the park, while carrying their cake pops in the other hand, Jisung hurried to find them a nice spot to sit. Once they were settled on one of the benches, the rapper handed Minho a cake pop. The little had been so patient, while they were around people. "Well done, kitten", Jisung praised, smiling when he saw the fascination in his mate's eyes. Minho adored the treat. It just looked so cute and although he should be used to it from working at a café, it was simply aesthetic. "You know, you can eat it, right?", Jisung asked softly, when the other had been staring at the treat in his hands for quite a while already. The rapper himself had already tried one and they tasted amazing but Minho argued: "Dada, they way too cute." Looking at the little closer, Jisung noticed that his pupils were still dilated as he sniffed the cake pop. Minho didn't manage to control himself much longer after smelling it. Yes, they were cute but they were also really yummy.

The boy purred loudly as he tasted his dessert and Jisung felt his heart break as he had to shush the little. He loved seeing Minho that happy but the hybrid would give himself away. "Do you want another one?", Jisung smiled, holding one cake pop to his mate's lips. The boy nodded enthusiastically and Jisung could tell he was struggling not to purr. From the corner of his eye, the rapper could even see Minho's tail move inside the sweatpants. Hopefully, no one else would notice because he liked taking his mate out like that. Minho deserved sweet dates outside no matter whether he was big or little. Licking his lips, the hybrid giggled: "Channie-hyung called Hyunjin-hyung pwetty." Jisung's eyes widened and he panickedly looked around for their friends. They had to be somewhere close by if Minho could still hear them. He spotted the pair a little stretch away, the sight slightly obscured by a few trees, so he figured they hadn't noticed them and wouldn't if they weren't too loud because they had no hybrid hearing like Minho.

"My Minnie is so much prettier", Jisung chuckled when he turned his attention back to Minho, noticing the colorful sprinkles stuck to the little's lips. A faint blush spread on the hybrid's cheeks and the boy whined: "Chu make me aww shy." - "Why? Because I'm speaking the truth?", Jisung asked, brushing away the sprinkles. Minho turned even redder, trying hard to suppress a squeal but the rapper was still able to hear it. "Aww, you're too cute kitten", Jisung giggled, pecking the little's flushed cheek, "Here, have another cake pop." He held one of the cake pops out to Minho but moved it further away when the other reached for it. The hybrid made grabby hands for it, barely remembering in time that he couldn't whine to voice his frustration. Cooing, Jisung cupped the other's cheek and fed him his dessert, causing the little to wriggle around happily. They peacefully finished their cake pops and continued to wander around the park for a bit but eventually decided to return home because not only Chan and Hyunjin were at the park but Seungmin and Jeongin too and it was getting too risky.

Minho was growing sleepy too despite his nap earlier and asked to have bath time as soon as they were home. Understanding that his mate would want to wash away the stress of this morning, Jisung ran him a warm bubble bath and picked out a large hoodie, that the boy could basically drown in. That paired with a pair of soft shorts ended up draped over the heater, so Minho would be all cozy once he had had his bath. While the hybrid bathed, Jisung unpacked the bag containing the boy's blanket and prepared for a quiet evening. He had enough ramen for them to eat as a quick dinner once they should feel hungry again and Minho's baby bottle already waited next to the microwave to be heated up once it was time for the little to go to bed. Jisung was confident that he was finally getting the hang of being a caregiver. He had felt insecure and helpless at first, yet he wouldn't trust anyone else with caring for such a precious baby. The rapper startled when two arms snuck around his waist and turned to find Minho dressed but with dripping wet hair. "Prince, you're going to catch a cold like this, come on", Jisung worried, pulling the hybrid back to the bathroom. He carefully dried his hair, making sure not to scrub at the ears. Yeah, he had learned a lot during the time he had cared for Minho.