77

Despite being more than overdue for this nap, Minho just couldn't fall asleep. Jisung was slowly starting to smell more like himself again, which was one step in the right direction but everything still felt so, so wrong to Minho. The little squirmed before deciding he couldn't stay there. Hesitantly waddling out into the living room, he spotted Changbin on the couch. Apparently, Chan wasn't back yet and Minho's heart clenched anxiously. He wasn't really close to Changbin but the rapper was the only one he could go to for comfort right now. "Oh, hey Min", Changbin smiled, looking up from his phone. The hybrid shyly fumbled with his fingers before giving the other a tiny wave. He remained glued to his spot though, so Changbin asked: "What's wrong? You need anything?" – "Um-", the little stammered, "I- I dunno."

Sadly meowing to himself, Minho contemplated what to do. His daddy was asleep and really needed that sleep. Though he too was exhausted, not having rested much the previous night, he just couldn't relax. Minho's body ached, his muscles sore from dancing without getting much rest afterwards but he felt so restless and worried. "Chan should be back soon", Changbin said softly, pulling the hybrid from his thoughts. He figured Minho was more comfortable with the older taking care of him. The only response was another, even sadder meow as a tear spilled down Minho's cheek. Not knowing how to help because he didn't understand, Changbin quickly dialed Felix. "Hey Lix, I know you're busy but...", the rapper started, explaining how they were taking care of Minho and Jisung, "Min, come here, kitty. I got Felix on the phone." With a soft sniffle, the little trudged over to him ears peaked when he heard the Aussie's low meow.

After some back and forth, which Changbin found just as adorable as it was confusing to him, Felix sighed: "He's really upset." – "Well, no shit", the rapper muttered, Minho cries stopping as his eyes widened at those words. "I can't tell you what exactly upset him so much", Felix continued, rolling his eyes at the comment, "He's exhausted but worried for Jisung and my best guess would be that he's overwhelmed by this whole situation." Giving an understanding hum, Changbin thanked his mate for the translation, determined to not keep the younger from studying any longer. Before he could end the call though, Felix added: "Maybe get him some water, he sounded odd. I don't know how to describe it, tired? Dehydrated? Scratchy? Not really sure because I don't know what his meows usually sound like." – "Thank you, Lix. I'll try my best", Changbin smiled, though still nervous as to how to proceed, "Hope Chan's coming back soon. He's far better at this."

Ending the call, Changbin got up from the couch and made his way to the kitchen. He poured his friend a glass of water before returning to the living room, smiling: "Lixxie said your throat sounded dry, so have some water, hm?" Minho looked at him with wide eyes. He couldn't drink from a glass. Knowing how clumsy he could get while in his headspace, glasses were a big no-no. He'd probably end up spilling something, which would cause more troubles for his daddy, so no, he wouldn't risk that. "No?", Changbin asked nervously, looking between Minho and the glass of water in his hand. The little only continued to look at him, so he hesitantly asked: "Do you- Do you need... help?" Blushing from embarrassment, Minho nodded and stiffened as Changbin stepped closer. The hybrid wrapped both of his hands around the glass, while Changbin's hand supported and steadied the bottom of the glass.

"Good job", the rapper smiled, when Minho had gulped it all down. It was only then that Minho noticed how thirsty he was. His throat felt so dry despite just chugging a full glass of water. Chewing on his lips, he shyly requested: "Mowe... pwease." Though surprised, Changbin went to get him a refill. Just when he returned to Minho, the front door opened and Chan joined them. Sighing in relief, Changbin helped Minho have some more water before he turned to Chan and explained: "Min can't sleep and got overwhelmed with the whole situation. We talked to Felix on the phone to figure things out and he said Min sounded tired and dehydrated." – "Why would you need to call Felix to figure things out", the older frowned, studying Minho who gave him an innocent 'meow'. "Language reasons", Changbin laughed, placing the glass onto the coffee table.

Taking a seat on the couch, Chan patted the spot next to him for Minho to sit down. While Changbin set up Chan's laptop, the older talked to Minho, who had just finished wiping the tears off his face. "You okay, little one?", the Aussie asked softly, receiving an uncertain shrug from Minho, "Is everything a little too much right now?" Meowing in agreement, the hybrid choked on the high-pitched sound and broke off coughing. Why did his throat still feel so dry? He anxiously reached for the glass on the coffee table, which still held a few sips of water. With how his hand was trembling though, all he managed to do was knock it off the table. Instantly bursting into tears, Minho covered his face. "Oh dear", Chan stammered, reaching out a hand to stroke the hybrid's back, "It's okay, don't worry about it." – "I'll clean it up, just take care of him", Changbin whispered, carefully picking up the shards. Quietly thanking the rapper, Chan picked Minho up and carried him to the bathroom. He was afraid the little's cries would wake Jisung, so he closed the door behind them and settled the younger on the closed toilet lid.

Crouching in front of his regressed friend, Chan handed him a tissue and cooed: "It's okay, Min. Clumsy moments and little accidents happen to everyone. We're not upset at you and you don't have to be embarrassed either." The Aussie ruffled Minho's hair and brushed a few strands out of his face, so he could see his eyes. "You're not running a fever like you daddy, are you?", Chan asked worriedly, brushing the backs of his fingers against the other's forehead again. "Nuh!", Minho denied, shaking his head. Getting to his feet, he sniffled back his tears and insisted: "Wan' nap with dada pwease." – "Oh, okay", Chan agreed confused and got out of the way. He didn't really know what to make of Minho's actions but the little was sleep deprived and worried about his mate, so the best he could do was join his mate and try to get some more sleep.

Jisung sleepily blinked at Minho when the hybrid crawled into bed next to him. With his eyes still puffy from crying, Minho curled up next to his caregiver and nuzzled his face into the rapper's tummy. Tired, Jisung reached out and ran his fingers through Minho's hair, gently scratching at his furry ears. Not wanting the little to cry, Jisung cupped the other's cheek and stroked it with his thumb. "You okay, kitten?", the rapper breathed, holding his mate close. Though everything felt far from fine, Minho nodded, not wanting to worry his daddy while he was sick. With his eyes still glossed over from the fever, Jisung raised an eyebrow at the other. Giving a soft sniffle, Minho admitted: "Minnie nuh sweep 'nough and gots ove'whelmed." In response, Jisung pulled his mate closer and handed him his baby blanket to hold onto.

Minho slowly calmed down, kneading the soft material in his hands. It shouldn't have been a surprise how quickly he grew drowsy as the exhaustion of the past twenty-four hours caught up to him. Jisung smiled when his mate's sad sniffles quietened completely, realizing the other had finally fallen asleep. He couldn't blame Minho for being restless with worry, considering he'd be the exact same if their roles were reversed. He was just sad that the little couldn't see how things were improving. They both had the opportunity to catch up on the sleep they missed, not having to worry about anything other than resting, while Chan and Changbin were really close by in case they needed something. Sure, Jisung was still sick but the unbearable burning in his throat had dulled to a constant but faint ache and though there was this consistent pounding in his head, the rapper was certain his fever was gone. It was probably the medicine kicking in but when he cuddled up to Minho, the other didn't feel cold to him. Since he still felt a slight chill, Jisung pulled his mate's warm body impossibly closer to his own before closing his eyes again. All they needed was some rest and everything would be right as rain again.