72

"DADA!", Minho squealed excitedly, when he noticed Jisung's presence. Chan had turned the chair to face their friends and Minho made urgent grabby hands at his mate the second he saw him. Placing the takeout bags onto the desk, Jisung picked Minho up and frowned: "What are you doing here, kitten?" – "M-Min dance 'n den feew smaww", the hybrid mumbled embarrassed, hiding his face against Jisung's shoulder. "Min came here looking for you while you were out, so I showed him some of your recordings to pass the time", Chan smiled, showing his dongsaeng the screen. Rubbing his face into Jisung's shoulder, Minho purred: "Dada has da bestest voice evew." – "Really now?", the rapper chuckled, taking a seat on the couch. He smiled when he felt Minho nod against his shoulder, unaware of Chan secretly snapping a picture of them.

While Jisung was busy cuddling his mate, Chan and Changbin unpacked the takeout bags. "We got fried chicken for lunch, you want some too, Min?", Changbin offered, catching Minho's attention. The hybrid nodded eagerly, making grabby hands at the piece Changbin held out to him. To reach it, he would have to get out of Jisung's lap and that was inacceptable. Laughing at the little's predicament, Changbin stepped closer and handed it to him, so he wouldn't have to get up. As they shared their lunch, Jisung asked Minho what he had been up to aside from dancing earlier today. Growing sad, the hybrid pouted: "Min dance aww day an' aww by himself. Evewybody busy. They aww study or work an' Minnie ish wonewy an' bowed." – "Oh no", Jisung cooed, petting Minho's ears, "We gotta find something for you to do, so you aren't bored anymore, hm?" The hybrid nodded solemnly. He was tired of always having to find something to do on his own.

When they had finished their meal, Jisung smiled: "Do you wanna stay here and watch us work? You can play games on your phone and listen to what we're working on because we still have multiple verses to record." – "Dada sing?", Minho mumbled shyly, a hopeful look in his eyes. Scratching his mate's ears, Jisung confirmed: "Daddy, Chan and Changbin are all going to sing and rap." – "Yayyy, me wan' wisten!", the little squealed, earning a fond laugh from the trio. Minho lay on his tummy on the couch, going through his phone to see which game he wanted to play, while Jisung took a trip to the vending machine down the hallway to get his mate a box of apple juice, so he'd be all set up and they'd hopefully be able to work productively despite their guest. That was kind of the unspoken deal: Minho could stay and would always be allowed to come to the studio as long as it didn't interfere with their work too much. Jisung loved having his mate there with him, so he wanted to make sure he'd continue to be welcome there. The hybrid had interfered with their work at Chan's apartment once, all because he had wanted attention and kisses from Jisung and being in his headspace had made him lose his filter. That was why the rapper knew it was his responsibility to keep Minho content and occupied.

"Here, I got you some apple juice and crackers to munch on ", Jisung smiled, handing Minho the items, "Are we all set?" The little nodded happily as he punched the straw into the box. Ruffling Minho's hair, the rapper instructed: "We'll need to be really quiet once we start recording, so if you need anything, tap daddy's shoulders, okay?" The hybrid gave him a thumbs-up, so Jisung sat down in his chair and nodded at his hyungs. They could get to work now.

Jisung was truly impressed. They had been working for an hour straight and Minho hadn't needed him once. The little was content playing games on his phone as long as his mate was in the same room with him. Considering how clingy Minho usually got, especially in his headspace, this was confusing to Jisung but he wouldn't complain. As they got close to reaching the two-hour mark, the rapper felt a hesitant tap on his shoulder. Chan was currently recording something, so Jisung lifted his finger to his lips but opened his arms, allowing Minho to silently climb into his lap. As soon as the recording was done, Jisung whispered: "What do you need, kitten?" Instead of a reply, Minho just cuddled a little closer. It seemed all he had wanted was to be in Jisung's lap and who was the rapper to deny him?

Minho was a really good boy, sitting perfectly silent while it was Changbin's turn to record for which Jisung rewarded him with soft kisses to his hair. The caregiver had to steer clear of Minho's ears though, knowing full well that the little would start to purr loudly the second he was kissed there. "Min, daddy has to record now", Jisung hummed when Chan gave him a nod, "Could you go sit on the couch again?" Looking at his mate with big sad eyes, Minho gave the most adorable pout. "I'm sorry but I really need to get this done, Minnie", the rapper sighed, hoping Minho would give in, so they wouldn't get in trouble with his hyungs. Knowing Chan would have to tend to his laptop while he recorded, Jisung shot Changbin a pleading Look. He needed help. Minho might start crying if his mate insisted he had to leave. Chan and Changbin exchanged a look, both well aware that Changbin would probably get into trouble with his own mate if he held Minho in his lap and later smelled like the other hybrid. "You wanna sit with me for a while?", Chan offered patting his lap, "Your daddy needs to record but you'll be right beside him, yeah?"

When Minho climbed into Chan's lap, Jisung shot his hyung a grateful smile. Sure, the hybrid was a little pouty but he didn't put up a fight. Jisung sat up straight in his chair and read over his lyrics once again before going for his first attempt. By the third one, he had started to hold Minho's hand, which finally removed the pout from the little's lips. Holding his mate's hand with one hand, Minho slipped the thumb of his free hand between his lips as he watched his caregiver in awe. Jisung really had the most amazing voice the hybrid had ever heard but sadly, he had to make sure his daddy knew that. Longingly glancing at the rapper, Minho started to purr. Though really soft at first, the sound soon grew in volume, interrupting the recording. Chuckling at his whipped mate, Jisung smiled: "I'm glad you like it, kitten. I do need you to stop though. The mic will pick up your purring." Minho nodded guiltily as he quietened down.

Just as Jisung gave it another shot, Minho's body reacted on instinct. Visibly panicking, the little let go of Jisung's hand to clamp both of his hands over his mouth. He didn't want to interrupt his dada again but he couldn't stop the soft, loving sound rumbling in his throat. They once again halted their work and Minho mumbled a guilty: "'m sowwy. Me twied not to buh I wuv it so mush." Considering the rappers had all seen how desperately Minho had tried to silence himself, none of them could be mad at him but it still posed a problem though. If the little couldn't control himself, they wouldn't get their work done. Preparing to try again, Jisung cleared his throat, which gave Changbin an idea. He got out of his seat to stand behind Chan and whispered: "Sounds like your daddy is straining his voice. You wanna come with me to get him some tea?"

Jisung's brows furrowed in confusion. He was feeling perfectly fine. That was when he caught a glance at Minho's overly worried face and realized what Changbin was doing. Wanting to take care of his dada like the other always did for him, the hybrid gave dutiful nod before he climbed out of Chan's lap. He gave Jisung a really tight hug, mumbling how the rapper should be careful before taking Changbin's hand and following the other out of the studio after pulling his hood up to cover his ears. As soon as they were gone, Chan and Jisung started to record again, trying to get everything done as fast as possible because they didn't know how much time they'd have. To buy them time, Changbin took Minho on a walk around multiple blocks, taking turns and walking zigzag through multiple side streets till the hybrid had completely lost his sense of orientation.

They eventually arrived at a café 3racha often went to, when they didn't visit Minho. Not wanting to expose himself, Minho let Changbin order for them and waited patiently till their drinks were prepared. The rapper had ordered coffee for himself and Chan, tea for Jisung and a vegan hot chocolate for Minho as a reward for doing his best to not interrupt their work even though he was struggling. While they waited, Changbin shot Jisung a text apologizing that he couldn't get him coffee because they had to keep up their act but the younger insisted it was all good, as long as Minho felt like he was helping. He also let his hyung know that he was almost done with the verses he had to record, so they wouldn't have to take detours on their way back to the studio and would hopefully arrive with their drinks still hot.