33

Not long after dropping Jeongin off at Seungmin's dorm, the two couples parted ways. Jisung was surprised that there was another couple formed by a hybrid with a human as it was supposed to be incredibly rare. Minho was more confused by finding out that Seungmin was a dog hybrid, especially after finding out about Felix, it had seemed like cat hybrids were the standard or made the other hybrid species were just better at hiding. "So, hyung, how was you first shift?", Jisung asked, slipping his hand in Minho's as the walked back to the rapper's apartment. Clenching his jaw, the older frowned: "It's been okay, I wasn't really doing all that much yet. Mainly I cleaned or I served the drinks that the others made. I'm just frustrated because of the incident with Jeongin. He seemed like a good kid and a pleasant co-worker, so I had no idea the other baristas didn't treat him like one." Jisung nodded, squeezing his mate's hand. "You're right, I think he's a truly good person", the rapper agreed, "I'm just glad you were there and witnessed it, so you knew he needed help."

"Do you think there's anything we can do to change his situation?", Minho worried when they arrived at the apartment and kicked off their shoes. Shrugging, Jisung hummed: "I think there is but let's talk that through later tonight because we can't do anything right now anyway and we still do need to celebrate your first shift." A small smile spread on the hybrid's lips as he allowed his cat features to pop out and Jisung instinctively reached for his head to pat his ears. "Originally, I thought we could go out but now, it'd make sense if you don't want that, so how about we make cookies together and eat them while watching a movie", the rapper offered, making his way to the kitchen. Pretending to think about it, Minho argued: "Nah, that doesn't really sound like much of a celebration. Only if I get cuddles and milk too." - "Of course, hyung! I thought that was obvious", Jisung beamed, reaching for the other's hand to pull him into the kitchen too.

Once they had both washed their hands, the rapper rummaged through a few cabinets, retrieving a few bowls, as well as the most obvious ingredients. He pulled out his phone to search for a recipe but Minho was faster, already adding a few more ingredients to the collection on the kitchen counter before reading the instructions out to Jisung. While the hybrid started cracking a few eggs open, he let the younger do the easier tasks, like measuring the amount of flour, sugar and butter. Somehow, Jisung still managed to make quite a mess with the flour but the older didn't comment on it. Until the boy decided to slap Minho's but with his flour covered hand. Given the hybrid was wearing black pants, he had a nice, white handprint on his left buttock now and shot a warning glare towards Jisung, who innocently smiled back. Minho was determined he'd get his revenge on his mate but wanted to wait till the younger didn't expect it, so he just continued to fold the dough together. When he turned around, he spotted Jisung unwrapping a bar of chocolate and reaching for the cutting board. "How about I take care of the chopping the chocolate and you can check if we have any sprinkles?", Minho offered, taking the knife a split second before the other could pick it up. He really didn't want the younger to get hurt and didn't trust the boy not to be clumsy with the knife, thinking back to Jisung's previous cooking accident.

Though pouting, the rapper nodded and stepped back to search through a few more cabinets, eventually stumbling across a small boy of colorful sprinkles. "Hyung, would these be okay?", Jisung asked, shaking the box. Minho looked up and much faster turned his head away again, replying: "They're fine, just put them away for a while." - "Why?", the younger frowned, having just retrieved them. "They're making me feel small", Minho admitted quietly as he chopped the last bits of chocolate. Putting the sprinkles away, Jisung walked up behind the older. He wrapped his arms around his mate's middle, smiling: "You know, you can slip if you want to. You've done so well today and I wouldn't mind taking care of you." - "Thank you, Sung, and I'd love to slip later but I'd rather finish baking with you first", Minho sighed, "Let's not ruin the day with either of us getting hurt while baking, so it's better if I stay big for now."

Although Jisung couldn't wait to baby the other a little, he had to admit it'd be safer for both of them if Minho stayed big. He didn't want anymore injuries, especially not on the hybrid. Standing side by side, they rolled the dough into balls, which they then placed onto the backing sheet before adding chocolate chunks and sprinkles. "Ugh, hyyuuung. My hands are sticky", Jisung whined, holding up his dough covered hand. Looking at his hand, Minho chuckled: "First of all, you could have used more flour. Second, high-five!" The hybrid happily high-fived the other, making Jisung cringe. "That felt disgusting", the younger commented, making his way over to the sink to wash his hands and cover them properly with flour before continuing. When the first baking tray was in the oven, the rapper stood in front of the glass and pouted: "If we set the temperature twice as high, it should be done twice as fast, right?" - "DO Not touch the oven!", Minho warned as his eyes widened. This was exactly why he couldn't slip yet. How did Jisung's parents allow him to live alone when he was such a disaster in the kitchen. Eventually, Minho managed to distract the impatient boy and they finished placing the dough onto baking sheets.

They had just taken the last baking tray out of the oven, when Jisung turned to the other, smiling: "Why don't you go and change into something comfy, while I clean up here? Cuddles will be nicer in comfy clothes, plus, you have something on your pants." - "And who's fault is that?!", Minho gasped, tilting his head. The younger just smiled innocently, still proud of his surprise attack earlier. Shaking his head, the hybrid headed to the bedroom and changed into soft sweatpants and a t-shirt, well aware that he'd overheat when cuddling in a hoodie. He threw the dirty pants into the wash before collecting his pacifier from the nightstand. Washing it off, he slipped the comfort item between his lips and instantly felt small. Minho quietly grabbed his blanket too and shuffled to the kitchen with the paci bobbing softly between his lips. Jisung was just drying his hands off after washing the bowls and smiled when he saw the little approach him. "Hey kitten, you look so soft and huggable", the rapper cooed, "Come here and let Dada give you a hug."

Minho didn't need to be asked twice, instantly dashing into his caregiver's arms. Hugging the boy tightly, Jisung swayed them from side to side and hummed: "Aww, you feel so cuddly. You ready for cuddles and a movie?" - "Da cookiews done?", Minho pouted, longingly glancing towards the cooling rack. Pecking the little's cheek, the rapper chuckled: "I think they are. Why don't you get cozy on the couch and choose a movie for us, while Dada gets us some cookies and fills your bottle with cool milk?" - "Pweasie, Dada", Minho beamed, taking his blanket and waddling off to the living room, so he could choose a movie. Smiling at the little's cute antics, Jisung grabbed a plate and stacked a generous serving of cookies on it for them both to share. He then filled the little's bottle with cool almond milk before getting a cup of regular milk for himself.

When Jisung joined his mate in the living room, the little's face instantly lit up, causing the rapper to abandoned their treats on the coffee table and to open his arms for the hybrid. Throwing himself into his caregiver's arms, Minho let out a soft giggle and held onto the other as Jisung got them both settled on the couch. "So, kitten", the rapper smiled, "What are we going to watch tonight?" - "Dat!", Minho squealed, pointing at 101 dalmatians. Laughing, Jisung started the movie and gently pulled the paci from the little's lips, which earned him a whine. After placing the paci onto the coffee table, he picked up a cookie and held it to Minho's lips. The hybrid took a pretty big bite, clapping his hands at the sweetness. "You like how they turned out, Minnie?", Jisung chuckled, brushing a few crumbs from the little's lip. Nodding eagerly, the other picked up another cookie and held it to Jisung's lips. The rapper tried it too, praising: "My kitten really did a great job baking them, didn't he?" - "Chu pwoud of Minnie?", Minho asked softly, tilting his head. Kissing his forehead, Jisung emphasized: "I'm really proud of my Minnie."