46

When Minho woke up from his nap, he wasn't little anymore but still he cuddled up closer to Jisung. The rapper looked up from his phone and smiled at him, petting Minho's ears. Keeping his eyes closed, the hybrid started to purr, which made Jisung giggle. He absolutely loved Minho's purrs as they always made him feel at ease and he eventually realized that his own voice had a similar effect on his mate, at least when the other was in his headspace. Minho sat up with his bedhair sticking out in all directions and gave the rapper a sleepy pout. "Oh god, you're so cute. I'm gonna cuddle you to death", Jisung squealed, hugging the other tight and knocking him back into the pillows in the process. Returning the hug, the older muttered dryly: "I'd love to see you try." His voice was muffled by the pillows but Jisung could tell he didn't sound little anymore. "Oh, you're big. Sorry", the younger hummed and Minho nodded, "Doesn't change anything though. You're still cute." - "Thanks", the hybrid laughed and sat back up.

His ears twitched slightly, picking up on the thunder outside the window. Jisung felt him tense and reached up to touch his ears. As the rapper slowly stroked the base of Minho's ears, the older took a few deep breaths and tried to relax. They were fine. The storm might sound scary but they were safe. "So, what are we going to do with the rest of the afternoon?", the hybrid asked softly, desperate for a distraction. Shrugging, Jisung offered: "We could watch a movie, maybe eats some snacks with it. I assume you don't want to go back to your mandala?" - "Um, I think I'll finish that some other time", Minho laughed, awkwardly scratching the nape of his neck. A movie sounded fun but it had to be something very captivating, otherwise he'd still pay too much attention to the storm. Tapping his lips, Minho gasped: "What if we first make snacks ourselves and then watch a movie?" - "If you know how to...", Jisung agreed, "Do we even have the stuff we need for that?" The older shrugged and got out of bed. "Let's see what we have and then we can figure out what we can make", Minho smiled. He loved getting creative with food.

They made their way to the kitchen and Jisung hopped onto the counter, watching Minho rummage through the cabinets and pull out different ingredients. The hybrid found popcorn kernels and quickly retrieved butter and sugar too. He still remembered long nights of watching movies with his parents and his mother teaching him how to make caramel popcorn. Reaching for the peanut butter jar, Minho eyed the fruit basket curiously before proposing: "How do apple slices with peanut butter sound? We'll also have some caramel popcorn, so we might not even need dinner." - "Apple slices with peanut butter, I loved to eat that back in school", Jisung giggled, "That sounds alright but I've only ever made popcorn with salt, so that's your task. I don't want to burn anything." That made Minho laugh too. "I'll teach you how to make the best caramel popcorn there is and no, I won't let you burn anything", the hybrid smiled, "Can you pop the kernels, while I slice the apples?"

Jisung agreed and heated up a pan, Minho washing a few apples and cutting them into thin slices. Soon enough the popcorn kernels started to pop and Minho placed the knife down. He was a bit jumpy today and startled with every little 'pop', so it'd be safer to continue once the noise died down. Waiting, the hybrid retrieved a bowl for Jisung to put the popcorn in and measured some sugar. Once the popcorn was transferred to the bowl, Minho poured the sugar into the pan and started to melt it. It soon turned brown and he added butter, which quickly melted into the sugar. Jisung watched fascinatedly as the sweet scent wafted through the kitchen. Minho gave him a smile before taking the bowl and adding the popcorn back into the pan and coating it in caramel. As he transferred the sticky popcorn into the bowl, he gave Jisung a stern look and warned: "No trying it yet. Molten sugar is incredibly hot and we don't need you burning yourself again." The rapper pouted, not necessarily upset that he couldn't try it yet but rather that Minho has to bring that incident up again.

Giggling, the hybrid ignored Jisung's pout and went to finish the apple slices. "Why don't you take the popcorn to the living room and choose a movie for us to watch", the older hummed, opening the peanut butter jar. Nodding, Jisung took the popcorn bowl and asked: "Are you okay with an anime or would you prefer a live action movie?" - "Doesn't really matter, choose whatever you like", Minho instructed, spreading peanut butter on the apple slices. He knew his dongsaeng liked anime and didn't care about what they'd watch as long as it made the other happy. He'd most likely end up staring at Jisung for most of the movie anyway as the rapper's eyes always sparkled and he'd get all invested in the story line. It was cute, much cuter than any of the movies could possibly be.

The younger already laid sprawled out on the couch, so Minho placed the plate with their apple slices onto the coffee table and simply dropped himself onto his mate, nuzzling his face into the crook of the other's neck. Jisung tensed at the sudden weight on his chest but soon wrapped his arm around the hybrid's waist, stroking his back. "Have you found something for us to watch?", Minho asked quietly and the younger hummed in confirmation. Tracing his mate's back, Jisung muttered: "You ready or do we need anything, blankets maybe?" - "Mhm, blankets sound good and I want your hoodie", the older mumbled, feeling way too comfortable to get back up. "Of course, why don't I collect a few blankets and you go pick out one of my hoodies?", the rapper laughed but earned a whine from Minho, who tugged on the hoodie the other was wearing right now. Shaking his head at his mate, Jisung chuckled: "Of course, you want that one." - "Of course, I do", the hybrid agreed, "So gimme!" He even sat up, so he could make grabby hands at Jisung.

"Are you sure, you're not little?", the rapper asked, rolling his eyes, "That doesn't make you seem big you know." Minho gave him a challenging look and ordered: "Get up, shorty, and we'll see about that!" - "First of all, I'm not short and second, you'll have to get up first", Jisung argued as the older still sat on his legs. "I'm not short", the hybrid mocked but made no move to get up. Crossing his arms, Jisung sighed: "Guess we'll just have to watch the movie like this because I can neither get blankets nor a different hoodie for myself if you don't want to get up and if I can't get another hoodie, you're not getting this one." - "But I wanna", Minho whined, tugging on the younger's hoodie. This time it was Jisung's turn to mock: "But I wanna~ Didn't you say something about you being big? If you want my hoodie you have to get up." - "Hmpf, meanie!", the hybrid huffed but got up. Jisung got up as if nothing had ever happened and made his way to his bedroom, leaving Minho to pout. The older had thought he'd get his hoodie right away and now his mate simply walked off.

While Jisung got changed and grabbed them blankets to cuddle under, Minho sat on the couch sulking. "Hyung, here's your hoodie", the rapper announced, dropping the blankets onto the couch next to his mate. He didn't get any reaction from Minho and raised his eyebrow at the hybrid. Rolling his eyes, Jisung pretended to head back to the bedroom and muttered: "I guess, I'll just put it back on if you don't want it." - "Nooo, gimme!", the hybrid whined, making grabby hands at the clothing item. Jisung handed it to him and shook his head at his childishness.

While Minho changed into the rapper's hoodie, the other spread the blankets on the couch and lifted one corner for Minho to get under once he was ready. "Are you done sulking now?", Jisung asked when the older cuddled into his side under the blanket. The hybrid just shrugged and reached for the popcorn bowl. He picked up one piece and held it to Jisung's lips, which should be enough of an answer for the younger. The rapper was honestly surprised by how good it tasted but on the other hand, what did he expect? It had been Minho who had made it, so of course it turned out great. Letting the hybrid feed him another bite, Jisung wrapped his arm tightly around the other's waist and reached for the remote to start their anime. The moment the opening started, he dropped the remote and pulled his mate closer, relaxing back into the couch cushions with the older cuddled into his side.