𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗩

The girls had continued playing Truth or Dare, Yunjin's suggestion, and, if she was telling the truth, she was getting bored. The questions she were asked revolved around the same topic: "Have you ever kissed somebody," or "I dare you to state who's the closest to your ideal type in the group". It was obvious that the person asking these questions was trying to get something out of her.

And that person was none other than Nakamura Kazuha.

If it wasn't clear enough.

It seemed as if Kazuha would never give up as she'd throw questions left nd right and Yunjin would just say something random like, "Chicken and pizza!" or "Unicorns!". Yunjin knew Kazuha was trying to make her admit the fact that she had some feelings for Chaewon but Yunjin refused to succumb.

Seeing this, Kazuha resorted to asking Chaewon stupid questions, in order to highlight Yunjin and Chaewon's love for each other.

Not gonna happen, Yunjin thought as she stared at Kazuha firmly.

"Truth or dare, unnie?" Kazuha asked, the corner of her lips curling in mischief.

"Truth."

"Do you love Yunjin more than Eunchae in terms of being roommates?"

Yunjin knew damn well that Kazuha was implying a little more than just "roommates".

"Hm. They're both annoying in their own ways, yet considerate. This is hard. I choose Yunjin though. She can be quiet when she wants to be. Eunchae never lets me breathe."

Kazuha exchanged knowing glances with Sakura and Eunchae before it was Chaewon's turn to ask someone.

"Yunjin, truth or dare?" Chaewon queried.

"Dare," Yunjin replied almost instantly.

"OK. I dare you to tell us who you fell in love with." Chaewon smirked as Yunjin recalled the earlier truth Eunchae had received and pulled a disgusted face.

"I thought you forgot about that! And you basically told me a truth in the form of a dare."

Eunchae chimed in. "It's still a dare. And you still have to tell us. Come on!"

"Tell us!" Sakura egged on and Yunjin sighed.

"I-"

To Yunjin's pleasure, Lesserafim's manager suddenly opened the door and walked in, carrying five plastic bags.

"Hey, girls! Whatever you do, do NOT look in these bags. There's a very special surprise in them," their manager warned before setting the bags aside. "Anyway, what were you girls doing before I came in?"

"Playing Truth or Dare," Eunchae told their manager and, weirdly to her, the others were shushing her quietly.

"Ooh, let me join. Somebody give me a dare. Or a truth - I don't particularly mind."

Sakura grinned. "OK, unnie. Have you ever witnessed an idol being extremely rude to another idol?"

Chaewon, Yunjin and Eunchae cringed at the dry attempt at a truth whilst Kazuha just ogled over Sakura's fast thinking.

"I have, actually. They're no longer associated with the industry but there were two female idols, backstage of the MAMA stage practices when I was working for a different group, and they were having an argument over their positions. One wanted to be known as the main dancer and so did the other. Another girl in their group ended up being main dancer," their manager explained and the girls pretended to be intruiged.

"That's so childish. I'd never act like that," Yunjin claimed and Chaewon tutted.

"You literally told me the other day that you wanted to be the leader because I was doing a "bad job" at it."

"Hey! I was only joking!"

Their manager guffawed. "Well, I'm quite tired for today and for another round of Truth or Dare, frankly. I'm gonna go hit the hay. Good night, girls!"

"Good night!" the girls exclaimed in unison, watching as their manager disappeared into her bedroom.

"OK, so what were we talking about?" Eunchae enquired and Yunjin chuckled nervously.

"No idea. I'm gonna go hit the hay too. Good night!"

And with that, Yunjin rushed into her room, glad to have gotten out of having to answer that stupid dare.

She loved her manager.

__

A few hours had passed and it was nearing midnight. Yunjin had failed to go to sleep (not really a surprise) and had just remained scrolling on TikTok and munching on some strawberry yogurt she found in Sakura's bag. She laughed at a TikTok she had just watched and, as she was laughing, a soft voice perked up.

"Yunjinie?"

It was Chaewon.

Yunjin immediately turned red and switched her phone off.

"Yes, Pupu? Come and sit down." Yunjin patted a spot next to her on her bed and Chaewon gladly sat down.

"Thanks. I didn't realise you'd be awake. This is becoming quite a habit, isn't it?" Chaewon chuckled lightly and Yunjin's heart raced.

"Yeah, well, I feel like most of the exciting things online happen when I'm asleep. So, I tend to just stay up and wait for them to happen."

Yunjin was lying. The real reason she was always up late was because sleeping wasn't particularly easy for her. With Chaewon on her mind 24/7, the slight stress of getting back on track once Easy came out and, overall, just life, she was always occupied and she could never fall asleep like the others.

"OK. Well, I have a question."

"Ask away."

"Me and you both know you remembered what that dare was. You were just too scared to answer. Come on! Tell me! I won't tell a single soul, not even Shiro," Chaewon beckoned and Yunjin gulped.

Busted.

What the hell was Yunjin supposed to say now? "Oh, yes, Chaewon, it's actually you. You're the one I fell in love with." No. There was no way Yunjin would say that. Not now. Not when she wasn't even sure if Chaewon was in a relationship with Minju. It would be way too complicated.

In the end, Yunjin just resorted to lying.

"Uhm, Zuha. I've liked her for a while but the feelings died down ever since she got with Kkura."

Chaewon just smiled eerily. "OK. Night."

"Night, Pu-"

Before Yunjin could even finish her sentence, Chaewon was out of the door and into the bathroom. She locked the door and stared at herself in the mirror. Chaewon laughed. She didn't know why she was laughing but she didn't want to stop. She wanted to prevent the tears from falling down her face. She knew Yunjin didn't have feelings for Kazuha anymore - that would just be wrong - but it still hurt. Knowing Yunjin wasn't in love with her. It was also weird. Chaewon was new to this unfamiliar concept. She'd never fallen in love this hard.

The girl stopped laughing and washed her face with cold water.

And she had never wanted love so bad either.