𝗫𝗫

Chaewon sighed deeply as she lay awake on the sofa, thoughts fighting for space and attention in her head, being the reason for her unbroken consciousness. Due to her surprising reappearance, they hadn't managed to access another bed or bedroom for her. Her manager had apologised recurrently but Chaewon had just waved her away and told her it was fine.

It wasn't.

The sofa was made out of a "breathable" fabric called rayon (Chaewon had discovered when she had asked Sakura after instantly setting her eyes on the sofa). She thought it would be a pleasure to lay on but she had thought wrong. It was slightly slippery so when she rolled over she had to place a hand onto the wooden floor to keep her balance steady. Not to mention, it was also quite a cold material which definitely wasn't ideal when it was nearing winter.

However, the one thing that was on her mind at the moment was Yunjin. The girl who would not let her sleep. Her name, her face, her loud screams and shouts whirled and echoed around her head. Another thing that whirled around her head was what had happened earlier: Yunjin's unusual and unfamiliar coldness that had practically sent shivers down her spine. Chaewon had a reason to be alarmed and quite frightened as Yunjin was a ball of sunshine and was always expressive with her face.

Chaewon sighed once again, thinking about Minju. Why was Yunjin even asking about her? Didn't they hate each other? Or was that a cover because Yunjin liked Minju? Chaewon didn't know and that was what was irking her. The fact that she didn't know.

She turned over in her spot, knees huddled up to her chin and her hand on the floor, helping her keep balance. Chaewon huffed and stood up, obviously tired of the constant turning-over. However, as she walked up and down the living room, rubbing her eyes so vigorously she wasn't aware of what was infront of her, Chaewon bumped into a warm object. Or person.

"Yunjin?" Chaewon enquired, looking up at the person's face. She was correct: it was Yunjin.

Yunjin wore a cream-coloured, silky robe and her feet were shoved into a matching pair of slipperettes.

"I heard the floorboards creak and I came to check it out. You OK?" Yunjin asked, looking down at Chaewon, her eyebrows creased in concern.

"I'm fine. Just a bit restless. Go back to bed, Yunjin." Chaewon turned on her heel and was ready to lay back on her rayon sofa before Yunjin perked up.

"You can sleep in my bed - it's too large for me anyway." The younger girl chuckled as she said this but Chaewon looked appalled.

"No, it's fine, Yunjin. I can manage," Chaewon responded persistently.

Yunjin rolled her eyes. "It's not, Chae. Come on."

Without letting Chaewon argue any further, Yunjin grabbed the older girl's arm and pulled her into her and Kazuha's room. Chaewon marvelled at the size of the bed: Yunjin had not been kidding. She stared at it, wide-eyed, for a few more minutes as if it was a talking apricot before turning to face Yunjin.

"Do I- Uhm, can I-" Chaewon stuttered. She had never felt this nervous around anyone before. It was definitely a first.

"You can get in, Chae."

Yunjin lifted the duvet and gestured for Chaewon to climb in and she did. Yunjin followed her in and the two spent at least 10 seconds (Chaewon had counted) staring at the ceiling. Finally, Yunjin spoke up.

"I'm sorry for earlier, Pupu." That was the first time Yunjin had called Chaewon by her nickname all night.

"It's fine, whatever." Chaewon waved her away and Yunjin scoffed.

"I've heard the phrase 'It's fine' about ten times tonight. You can be honest with me, Pupu. Please."

"Fine. I'm confused, Yunjinie. Why did you ask me about Minju? I came here to be with you guys. And even when I answered, you seemed... off."

Yunjin turned to face Chaewon. It was time to tell the truth. From Yunjin installing cameras in the dorms to Yunjin disliking Minju so much she wanted to never set eyes on her again. "The truth is-"

"You thought I was dating Minju because I used to like her in IZ*ONE, right? Please, Yunjin, if you knew me, you'd know I don't do relationships, especially because of my current job. It just doesn't suit."

Yunjin blinked in bewilderment and looked away from the older girl. How did Chaewon copy and paste her thoughts and say them aloud word perfect? Had she seen the cameras? Did she know that Yunjin-?

The younger girl swore under her breath, not even daring to repeat or even think about what she was about to say. Kazuha's persistent points of Yunjin showing affection to Chaewon had definitely gotten to her. A bit too much.

Yunjin looked over at Chaewon once again and immediately blushed. Way too much. It was actually coming to the point where Yunjin was actually starting to believe what Kazuha had been screaming at her from day one. She never would've imagined so, but here she was and there was no point fighting it anymore.

"Yunjinie? Sorry, you zoned out for a minute. Anyway, as I was saying, when I left for the US, me and Minju weren't exactly on the best terms. I realised, from the help of you guys and Yena, that all she was doing was trying to stop me from contacting you. Out of pure jealousy. Woah, never thought I'd be saying that about Kim Minju."

Yunjin nodded in agreement. "Glad you've finally come to your senses, Pupu. So, you and Minju aren't an item?"

"I thought I made that pretty clear, Yunjinie. But, yeah, we're not. In fact, she thought I liked you, how hilarious is that?"

Chaewon started laughing like a maniac whilst Yunjin's heart pounded as if it was a drum, taking on the impact of a pair of drumsticks being hit forcefully onto it.

There was no denying it now.

Huh Yunjin was in love with Kim Chaewon.

__

A/N
Hey guys! I'm thinking of wrapping this story up in the next few chapters! I've had so much fun writing this, honestly. Purinz is one of my favourite ships and this was just an amazing way to show that. Love you all!