𝗜𝗜

Yunjin walked into her dorm to find all of the members playing Overwatch 2. She paused at the door before Chaewon beckoned her in. It had been a week since their dance practice and they had just been told a few hours earlier that their comeback was a collab with Overwatch 2 and it would take place in a few weeks. Sakura, a top-tier gamer, was obviously ecstatic over the news. Interpreting from the big gaming gathering, Sakura had already seemed to have persuaded the others to play with her.

"Yunjin, where were you? I needed your battle strategies - Eunchae's beating me to a pulp!" Chaewon whined whilst standing up and walking over to the girl.

"What battle strategies?" Eunchae whispered despite Yunjin hearing her.

"I'll let you know, Hong Eunchae, that I am amazing at Overwatch 2, especially when it comes to strategies. Watch and learn," Yunjin bragged whilst plopping herself into a chair, grabbing a controller and starting to play.

Not even five minutes later, the girl was screaming louder than a thunderclap, causing the others to sigh.

"This game is rigged," Yunjin complained.

"Ah, Yunjin, shut up, will you? I almost died," Sakura beckoned, stabbing her fingers at the controller buttons.

"Does anyone want to get something with me at the convenience store?" Chaewon offered, out of the blue.

As expected, Yunjin immediately grasped at the offer. However, the others ignored Chaewon as they were still battling furiously on the game.

"Come on then, Jennifer. Let's leave these gaming freaks alone."

__

The walk to the convenience store wasn't too long as it was just across the street from their rooms. As they entered the store, the pair fixed their masks - they certainly didn't want to be recognised on their days off.

"Should we get ramen today?" Chaewon queried and Yunjin nodded.

In response, Chaewon grabbed five cups of ramen and shoved them into Yunjin's hands before wandering off to the Snack section.

"Ya, Kim Chaewon!" Yunjin whispered angrily, aware that she was still in a store and that the pair could be easily recognised.

"Yunjin, you better shut your mouth before I send you back to America!" Chaewon whispered back, throwing five packs of bungeoppang in the direction of the girl.

Yunjin was about to complain again before Chaewon pointed at a stack of shopping baskets. "Hey, Huh Jennifer, use your two remaining brain cells and get a basket!"

Yunjin pulled a face at the leader before snatching a basket and placing the items Chaewon had mercilessly thrown at her inside. She then followed Chaewon into the Crisps part of the Snack section and was attacked with five bags of Turtle Crisps.

"Pupu, we're going to be so unfit for our comeback if you keep this up," Yunjin pointed out but all Chaewon did was freeze.

Pupu? She hadn't heard that nickname in ages. Chaewon blinked. She had just realised she hadn't been alone with Yunjin in a while. The members usually tagged along with every single thing they did and this had been the only time they had decided not to come, resulting in them finally being together. Just them. Just Purinz.

"Chaewon? Let's go pay. This should surely be enough." Yunjin shook the girl strenously, only to be pulled into a heartfelt hug by a crying Chaewon.

"Yunjin, promise we'll always be Purinz!" Chaewon cried, leaving the girl astounded.

"Hey, Chaewon, not in the middle of the store. I have a reputation to uphold." Chaewon snapped out of her little heart-warming moment and slapped Yunjin as hard as she could.

She leaned closer to the girl's ear. "Once we get home, I'll make fried chicken out of you."

__

"How do you think they're doing at the store?" Kazuha asked to break the silence between the three girls.

They had all died in Overwatch, even Sakura, long ago and had just sat in silence, their tummies rumbling occasionally.

"Amazingly, all thanks to you, Zuha," Sakura praised, causing Kazuha to blush in happiness.

Eunchae felt like throwing up. "Yeah, yeah, Zuha's a genius. And a simp." She whispered the last part because although she was Eunchae, the mischievous maknae, she definitely wouldn't go as far as to say that.

In summary, the three had all agreed beforehand that if Chaewon or Yunjin asked to do something else, they would decline or ignore them so that they could go off with each other. It was Kazuha who had came up with the idea, due to her many chats with Yunjin the previous week. She hoped everything was going well so that she could truly accept Kkura's praise.

As if on command, there was a click at the door and a furious Chaewon burst in with a sheepish - looking Yunjin following her.

"Yunjin, what did you do now?" Sakura asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"Nothing! She started it!" Yunjin protested, pointing at Chaewon accusingly.

"How so?" Kazuha responded, interested in what might have happened.

"She started hugging me and crying on me in the convenience store! Bear in mind, we were probably there at the busiest hour!" Yunjin explained.

Eunchae covered her mouth with her hand, using all the power within her to not let out the tiniest giggle. Sakura and Kazuha, though, were looking at each other whilst grinning.

"I got deja vu. What do you guys do when you get deja vu?" Chaewon questioned, ignoring the abiding grins on the Japanese faces.

"Well, I know for sure I don't cry and hug someone in the middle of a store!" Yunjin exclaimed, causing Chaewon to huff in frustration.

"Nevermind that, how was it?" Kazuha brought up.

There was a pause in movement and noise for a slight second before the two started complaining even more about each other. Eunchae, Kazuha and Sakura looked at one another before snatching the bag of food Chaewon and Yunjin had bought, out of Chaewon's hands and digging in.

__

Chaewon sat up in her bed and looked at the clock. 2:00. God, why was she waking up so early nowadays. As soon as she was about to throw her head under her duvets, Chaewon's nose started running a like a faucet uncontrollably and her head felt like it was in the middle of a fog. Groaning, she tiptoed out of bed, to prevent waking up Eunchae and Yunjin, and went to the bathroom. She screamed. To look in the mirror and see her own reflection was traumatising. Chaewon's eyes resembled two swollen balloons and, as she reached out to touch her face, she winced in pain.

"I have to hide this. Ah, why now? Why when our comeback's coming up?" Chaewon fretted, dabbing at her face with a wet cloth.

"Chaewon unnie?" a familiar voice came from behind her.

Chaewon's eyes went from regular to saucers before she drowned her face in water to prevent the person behind her from seeing the monstrosity in the mirror. "Yes, Manchae?"

"Keep it down, will you? Tomorrow is the day of our MV shooting - this maknae has to look beautiful," Eunchae blabbered, despite being tired, and, eventually left.

Chaewon took a deep breath. Right, their MV shooting. Luck was definitely not on her side. She paused. Where the hell did she get this random sickness from anyways? Could it have been her and Yunjin's trip to the convenience store? It had to be - Chaewon hadn't really been out all week. Well, the only thing she knew for sure, was that if she wanted to perform with her group, she had to conceal this the best as she good.

This was not going to be easy.