𝗫𝗩𝗜𝗜

Chaewon opened her suitcase and sighed passionately. She was finally going to be able to reunite with her members in just one day. All of her symptoms of influenza had cleared and her isolation time had finished at least a few days ago. She had only stayed a bit more because Minju had begged her to do so.

"Minju, help me fit all my mint chocolate ice cream in here please!" Chaewon shouted and she immediately heard Minju rush over to her room.

"Why do you need mint-?" Minju walked in and froze as she saw Chaewon's suitcase lying on the bed, five containers of mint chocolate ice cream already crammed inside.

"What are you packing for?" she asked, trying to hide her sudden shock.

"For the US? I called my manager and she said it would be a great surprise if I flew in and arrived by tomorrow! So I'm leaving later this afternoon."

Chaewon's words were like daggers being repeatedly stabbed into Minju's body. It had felt like Minju had been here for only a few days but Chaewon was leaving? She sighed and removed the mint chocolate ice cream containers from Chaewon's bag.

"Chaewon unnie, isn't this a bit abrupt? How about you wait until tomorrow? I could make you spicy pork cutlet?" Minju attempted to persuade.

"A bit abrupt, Minju? I've been here for a week, rotting away and doing nothing except argue with you about Yunjin! I want to do something. To feel useful again. Don't you want that for me, Pepe? Or are you jealous? Jealous I'll be with Yunjin, Kazuha, Sakura and Eunchae in the US and you'll be here alone. God, I'm done with this. Once I've finished packing, I'm gone." Chaewon death-stared Minju before pushing her out of the room and locking the door.

Minju scoffed and knocked on the door, not planning to give up anytime soon. "Chaewonie! I'm sorry, OK? Please just open the door."

To her surprise, Chaewon opened the door a few minutes later with a scowl on her face and her suitcase all packed. "I'm going to the US and there's nothing you can do about, Minju. You've been so helpful this past week but I have to go."

Minju narrowed her eyes as Chaewon shoved past her and over to the external door. She wasn't sure if Chaewon was being sarcastic or not when she had said Minju had been helpful. Sure, she had looked after her and stayed at the dorms 24/7 but, as Chaewon had said before, all they had done was argue about Yunjin.

She wasn't ready to let Chaewon go.

Minju rushed over to Chaewon and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry. Seriously. We wasted our days together arguing and that wasn't mature of me. I'm really sorry."

Chaewon pushed Minju off of her. "I'm glad you apologised but this isn't the Minju I know. You were never jealous when I decided to partner with Yena or Yuri for variety show games. So why are you jealous now? I hope the next time I see you, my Minju is back. Have a good day."

And with that, Chaewon walked out the door and slammed it shut behind her, leaving Minju astonished.

She had really messed up.

𓅦

"Our last day in the US, girls. Let's make it great!" Lesserafim's manager shouted words of encouragement behind the girls who were making their way backstage of the Today Show.

Over the course of the previous two days, they had been invited onto more American TV shows and were slowly becoming more recognised internationally. This was their final show and that wasn't what was making Yunjin jittery inside. It was the fact that Chaewon still wasn't with them and that was making her even more nervous.

As Kazuha fixed her mic and went over a few steps, she noticed Yunjin's apprehensive face and advanced over to her, instantly knowing what was wrong. "Missing Chaewon? We all do - it's hard but we can get through this last performance. You can, Yun."

Yunjin smiled wanly at Kazuha but when the girl had gone off to flirt with Sakura, her smile dropped immediately.

She didn't know what was wrong. Kazuha's words of wisdom usually always made her frown turn upside down. Maybe, it was the unfamiliar setting they were in. Maybe, Kazuha's magical power of sensing Yunjin's anxiety or anger only worked in Korea and in America it was useless. That's what Yunjin settled with as she filed onto the stage, her heart pumping abnormally. But, deep down, she knew it was Chaewon's growing absence with the group that was causing a turmoil on her.

Yunjin wished she could get over it and stop being attached to Chaewon, like an umbilical cord, as Kazuha had said.

𓅦

Chaewon smiled, forgetting all the earlier anger she had shown towards Minju, as she sat down in one of the many seats in her private plane. Being with Minju seemed like a great idea at first, however, Chaewon hadn't known the younger girl would get so jealous over her bandmate. There was nothing romantic between her and Yunjin, Chaewon kept telling herself. But it didn't matter how much she tried because, Minju's words of jealousy towards Yunjin, kept running around her head as if they were on a treadmill.

A really fast one.

A/N
Short update but that's because I want to include Chaewon getting to the US and surprising the girls in the next chapter. Also, it's the way Purinz's romance is barely starting now like- 😭