𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗜

"I can't believe our manager lied about the Jimmy Fallon show," Eunchae complained to Yunjin as they walked into the dance studio.

Before leaving the hotel, the girls had learnt that the Jimmy Fallon show was just a distraction so that the girls didn't pack and, so that, the Kim Chaewon surprise was foolproof. Obviously, Yunjin and Eunchae were distraught but Sakura, Kazuha and Chaewon had endlessly teased them for it.

"And I can't believe we still have to dance even though we're in a different continent. The nerve," Yunjin responded sourly and dumped her bag on the floor violently.

"Is the floor OK, Yunjinie?" A familiar voice chimed in and Yunjin swore that all the demorilisation she was feeling had immediately disappeared.

"Aren't you gonna ask me if I'm OK, Pupu?" Yunjin pouted and Chaewon laughed.

"That would be a stupid question. You two are obviously still bummed about the Jimmy Fallon show," Chaewon questioned, looking at Eunchae for a brief moment before focusing her attention on Yunjin.

"Well, duh," Eunchae sassed and Chaewon rolled her eyes.

"OK, I'm ignoring the maknae. That ugly frown on your face will disappear as soon as you hear what our dance instructor has planned for us today. Don't worry, Yunjinie!" Chaewon winked and skipped off to Kazuha and Sakura to stretch.

Yunjin was worrying though. Not about the Jimmy Fallon show or the surprise but about the crazy increase of her heart rate as she had been talking to Chaewon. It felt as if her heart would soon burst out of her ribcage and go flying right into the mirrors. Yunjin had never been so smitten over someone before. Chaewon was definitely different.

__

"You girls are having a new comeback!" their dance instructor announced and there was a chorus of squeals (mainly from Kazuha and Chaewon).

"And, so clearly, a new comeback always comes with a new piece of choreography. Hope you girls stretched - this one's gonna be tough."

Yunjin sighed as their dance instructor fixed them into their starting positions. It felt like it had been a week ago when their manager told them Perfect Night was their new comeback. Now, they had to learn this choreography for a comeback they knew nothing about. It certainly would be tough.

They started dancing, following their dance instructor's steps from the mirror. Occasionally, their instructor would sing tiny parts from the song and Yunjin would strain her ears, trying to get a listen. It wasn't fair she had gotten to hear the demo before them but it made sense.

Yunjin tapped Kazuha on the shoulder as their instructor was occupied. "Our instructor started singing these exact lyrics: 'Damn, I really make it look easyyy'."

Kazuha cocked an eyebrow. "So?"

"So, maybe our comeback song's called Easy?" Yunjin grinned and Kazuha scoffed.

"You'll get to know later, Yun. Just be patient and focus."

Kazuha turned around and Yunjin shrugged it off. She looked back into the mirror and, from there, she could see Chaewon staring at her earnestly. Chaewon immediately broke eye contact when she saw that Yunjin had caught her looking. Yunjin shrugged once again. Maybe Chaewon was iritated that her and Kazuha hadn't been listening?

Maybe.

On the other side of the room, Kim Chaewon scolded herself internally. She didn't know why but, when she saw Kazuha and Yunjin talking, her face instantly tensed. She had told herself it was probably because they weren't paying attention and it was just leader instinct but she felt out-of-place. She grimaced and began to focus on the dance. If she was being honest, it didn't really matter anyway.