Part 17 A deal with destiny

Froggie POV

After joining Hotguy on patrol, we split off in different directions to patrol more area, with of course, then burner phone he had gifted me sitting in my pocket. With my bow and quiver of arrows on my back, I felt safe. With just that bow and quiver of arrows, I could protect myself against any mortal being.

'But what about any immortal being darling?' A ghostly echoey voice whispered.

I instantly notched an arrow into my bow, spinning around. Nothing. Nothing behind me, next to me, in front of me, and nothing above or below me. Suddenly I didn't feel so safe. Grian appeared beside me in a flash of pale red.

'Don't turn around. Don't listen to what it says. It just wants to trick you. Don't listen to anything it says. Whatever it offers you, say no. It tricked me once. Don't do it. Keep patrolling, and ignore it.'

'I could give you something you desperately want.'

'Keep walking Froggie, ignore it.'

'Oh Xelqua, (spelling? correct me if I'm wrong) after we give her this offer, she wont be able to refuse it.'

'Ignore it Froggie'

'What is it?' I couldn't help but ask.

'A watcher, bane of the underworld, they will try to make you one of them. Ignore it'

'Oh Froggie, once we give you this offer, you cant refuse. We can bring Grian back to life for you.'

'FROGGIE NO IT'S NOT WORTH IT'

I spun around. All I could see was a thick purple mist outlined with gold, in the shape of a human with wings, but different to an avian hybrid.

'And what would you want in return.'

Three drops of your blood.'

Grian stopped and stared at the watcher. So you DON'T? want to turn her into a watcher?'

'Oh we absolutely want to turn her into a watcher, but her end of the deal is to bring you back, and you would completely wipe out or kind if we took your sister.'

'What would you use my blood for?'

'We find it motivates our young watchers during training if they are attacking a dummy that feels, looks like someone who has done them and the rest of the watchers wrong, and can scream in pain. so basically for a clone. Do we have a deal?

'Deal'

Grian just slowly shook his head. 'Oh Froggie. What have you done'